Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

21 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Right but I meant an actual tool box. Like a double or triple bank, not just the cart. Currently, they only have that color available on the cart. 

Ok, maybe later down the line they will. Looked like just the cart the way it was worded.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Tonya Harding had to make an appearance for slide night.

PXL_20220213_014551885[1].jpg

Looks like you got the right tools for the job.

Mine get changed when I have the shocks out in the fall regardless of if they are worn out or not.  Use a hammer and chisel to pound them out.  Last time I put silicon spray on the new ones before I put them in and that seemed to have helped make them easier to remove.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

My son comes to me at 5pm and says “when did I put brakes on my car last?”

11296528-9B7E-4701-97CF-A25E707323E1.thumb.jpeg.76113bc631e682ff8fdbfb8e3eb2918a.jpeg9D1CB9C9-DD20-4ED3-846B-2B050461DA5A.thumb.jpeg.444b8c42af1bd79bed452f6c7fa1e4c4.jpeg

Sent him for pads and rotors 15 minutes before the Canadian Tore store closed. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 6:11 PM, teamgreen02 said:

Looks like you got the right tools for the job.

Mine get changed when I have the shocks out in the fall regardless of if they are worn out or not.  Use a hammer and chisel to pound them out.  Last time I put silicon spray on the new ones before I put them in and that seemed to have helped make them easier to remove.

I normally run the Vespel jobbers, but took them out when I intended on selling the sled, then ran the old regular hyfax a bunch on the lake and some optimistic at best conditions.  Wiped down the rails, greased them up a bit and put them on.  Will probably pull them off again this summer when the skid gets another rebuild.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:58 AM, Sled_Hed said:

Screenshot_20220213-055809_Chrome.jpg

Picked up a gray 5 drawer box in a beat up box for $150 on Saturday. 

Told my old man his tools go in there when he works in my shop.  Sick of finding mine and his scattered all over the county.  Seems like his sleds end up in my shop quite often.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I normally run the Vespel jobbers, but took them out when I intended on selling the sled, then ran the old regular hyfax a bunch on the lake and some optimistic at best conditions.  Wiped down the rails, greased them up a bit and put them on.  Will probably pull them off again this summer when the skid gets another rebuild.

Picked up a gray 5 drawer box in a beat up box for $150 on Saturday. 

Told my old man his tools go in there when he works in my shop.  Sick of finding mine and his scattered all over the county.  Seems like his sleds end up in my shop quite often.

I was at HF on Friday and those Grey ones are sharp. I'd like to get one at some point.

4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I was at HF on Friday and those Grey ones are sharp. I'd like to get one at some point.

$199 on sale until I think tomorrow.  Normally $269 or $279.

Edited by racinfarmer

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 9:23 PM, racinfarmer said:

I picked up the 30 inch service cart with 1 drawer from the usual scumbags this summer or something.

Decided I wanted a side tray to put on it.

Have this:

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage-organization/u-s-general-tool-storage/30-in-service-cart-with-drawer-green-56607.html

Wanted to put this on it: 

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage-organization/u-s-general-tool-storage/folding-side-tray-for-4-drawer-tech-cart-green-56440.html

Close(ish).  

Strange, because the floor models measured up like it would bolt in.

PXL_20211113_010712660.jpg

Decided to work on this big project this weekend.  Have to drill a 1/4"+ hole about here on each side of the tray mount slots.

Capture1.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went for a beer run today and came home with a John Deere RX73 rider.  Think Deere's version of the Forest Gump mower. 

$50, doesn't like to start.

Happy Mother's Day, babe!

Already finding some mechanical transgressions from the previous owner(s).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Went for a beer run today and came home with a John Deere RX73 rider.  Think Deere's version of the Forest Gump mower. 

$50, doesn't like to start.

Happy Mother's Day, babe!

Already finding some mechanical transgressions from the previous owner(s).

Those had 30" deck with one blade or something didn't they?

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Those had 30" deck with one blade or something didn't they?

Hell yeah it does.  That deck is a bitch to remove too.  Thankfully the mower is light enough, you just lift the front end and move it on and off.

On 4/20/2022 at 4:17 PM, Rigid1 said:

Bored at home, daughter left her lable maker out, so the old tool box got it's drawers labeled today..:lol:

IMG_20220420_155957128.jpg

I finally cleaned my garage and barn. Tools were EVERYWHERE!! 

I still have to do my tool boxes. Holy shit, that will take all day, maybe two days.   :bc:

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Hell yeah it does.  That deck is a bitch to remove too.  Thankfully the mower is light enough, you just lift the front end and move it on and off.

Buddies dad had one to mow at their house in the cities. I got to pilot that bitch a couple times when they brought it up here to mow.

10 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Buddies dad had one to mow at their house in the cities. I got to pilot that bitch a couple times when they brought it up here to mow.

The only thing holding it back from being a good beer drinking mower is the lack of a cup holder.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The only real hack thing the previous owner did, that I can find, is us a nail and a hitch pin to hold one part of the deck on.  Not bad!

No butchered wiring even?

• 2 weeks later...