Check your account email address ×

CLAPPER: ‘I DON’T RECALL WHAT PROMPTED A REQUEST THAT WAS MADE ON MY BEHALF FOR UNMASKING’ FLYNN

• Platinum Contributing Member

Honestly you couldn't write a Hollywood script this corrupt.  :lol:  This was supposedly a National Security Investigation into the incoming DNI and administration that he can't remember.  :lol:  

https://americanpriority.com/news/clapper-i-dont-recall-what-prompted-a-request-that-was-made-on-my-behalf-for-unmasking-flynn/

CLAPPER: ‘I DON’T RECALL WHAT PROMPTED A REQUEST THAT WAS MADE ON MY BEHALF FOR UNMASKING’ FLYNN

Thursday on CNN’s “New Day,” former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper discussed the report that Obama administration officials wanted to “unmask” former President Donald Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.

“New Day” host John Berman asked Clapper why he made three specific requests to unmask the name of an individual on December 2, December 28 and January 7.

Clapper said he does not remember why he made those three specific requests, nor does he remember what prompted the request that was made on his behalf.

“No, I don’t,” Clapper told Berman. “I don’t recall what prompted a request that was made on my behalf for unmasking. I don’t remember the specifics or what it was in the second report that was suggestive enough that I was concerned and felt that I should know who was actually involved.”

He added of his concerns with Flynn, “There was general concern about the number of engagements with Russians that we were seeing happening. We may not necessarily have known what the content of these engagements were, but there were numerous engagements by representatives of the Trump camp with Russians. So, that was of … general concern anyway. So that, I think, is what attracted the attention of me and other then-serving national security officials.”

Clapper went on reiterate he never saw direct evidence of collusion between Trump, Flynn or any other Trump officials, but did reveal there could have been a threat to national security, which would be a reason to unmask.

“There could have been, as I say, other reasons why you would unmask,” Clapper stated. “Again, when you read the report, it may not tell you what exactly is going on, so whether it was collusion or what, what you’re trying to determine [is] does this pose a threat to national security?”

Edited by Highmark

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He’s not lying.  He was in that job because he took orders and signed the papers that were put in front of him.  Him “being in the know” wasn’t part of his privilege.

Not buying that.   He was in the know and right in the middle of all of it.   "I can't recall" is the age old tactic in protecting oneself. 

Possibly the first national security investigation into an incoming administration and potentially the largest scandal in US political history (incoming administration supposedly colluding with the Russian's) and his claim he can't recall is laughable.

53 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

“I don’t recall”

That phrase has been used by a lot of corrupt political personnel to get away with their corruption.   

You just knew it was coming. :lol: 

58 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This is not the type of person or people that you want in the position he was in.

You were defending him just 5 years ago

Clapper , Brennen , Comey , Barr , Kavanaugh and every other deep state rights destroying piece of shit are all the fucking same.

You don’t give two fucks or even understand what’s going on. You just cheer for you’re team and root against the “bad guys” on the other side

fucking mindless cunt

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Clapper , Brennen , Comey , Barr , Kavanaugh and every other deep state rights destroying piece of shit are all the fucking same.

You don’t give two fucks or even understand what’s going on. You just cheer for you’re team and root against the “bad guys” on the other side

fucking mindless cunt

Speaking of someone who needs to tie a cinder block to his foot and go jump in a lake.  Ffs, do you ever get weary of running around like an angry lunatic?  Chill out dude.  You’re gonna have a stroke.  :lol: 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Speaking of someone who needs to tie a cinder block to his foot and go jump in a lake.  Ffs, do you ever get weary of running around like an angry lunatic?  Chill out dude.  You’re gonna have a stroke.  :lol: 

I had a fucking awesome day today and a great week so far!!!!! I just can’t stand partisan fucking retards

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

fucking mindless cunt

it's your....................you dumbass  :lol:

29 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

:lol:

I agree, what he was saying was bullshit but a brief meeting with a ambassador to Russia is just slightly less memorable than a supposed national security investigation into an incoming administration.....something that has likely NEVER taken place before.   Senators meet with foreign diplomats all the time.

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree, what he was saying was bullshit but a brief meeting with a ambassador to Russia is just slightly less memorable than a supposed national security investigation into an incoming administration.....something that has likely NEVER taken place before.   Senators meet with foreign diplomats all the time.

True.  It's just a little ironic to see the "fuck wearing a mask" crew complain so much about unmasking.  :lol:   Which by the way if you don't unmask them then how do you warn the incoming admin that "hey, you might not want to hire individual X".  Okay, I won't hire X, who the fuck is that anyway?  Well, it's the guy you say you are hiring for the national security advisor position.  Michael Flynn?  Duh.  

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

True.  It's just a little ironic to see the "fuck wearing a mask" crew complain so much about unmasking.  :lol:   Which by the way if you don't unmask them then how do you warn the incoming admin that "hey, you might not want to hire individual X".  Okay, I won't hire X, who the fuck is that anyway?  Well, it's the guy you say you are hiring for the national security advisor position.  Michael Flynn?  Duh.  

If they were so worried about Flynn how come the Obama admin never revoked his high level security clearance after firing him?  :news:

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I had a fucking awesome day today and a great week so far!!!!! I just can’t stand partisan fucking retards

:lol:  Well you define that as any one who doesn’t see the world in black and white terms.  You really should work on being more congenial :bc:  

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If they were so worried about Flynn how come the Obama admin never revoked his high level security clearance after firing him?  :news:

I'm afraid I'm unable to speculate on that.  

23 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Just now, XC.Morrison said:

I'm afraid I'm unable to speculate on that.  

So he supposedly warned Trump about Flynn 2 days after the election but left his security clearance in place for 2 years prior.

Then the admin never got down to investigating him for another few months or at least unmasking him until days before they left office.   Yeah nothing fishy there.  :lol:  

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/08/obama-warn-trump-michael-flynn-238116

Former President Barack Obama warned then-President-elect Donald Trump about Michael Flynn during their Oval Office meeting two days after the election, current and former administration officials confirmed.

Obama and his staff felt Flynn was problematic and prone to what they thought of as crazy ideas, and had fired him from his job as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency. Obama relayed that to Trump during the 90 minutes they spent together

“General Flynn was given the highest security clearance by the Obama Administration - but the Fake News seldom likes talking about that,” Trump tweeted Monday morning.

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So he supposedly warned Trump about Flynn 2 days after the election but left his security clearance in place for 2 years prior.

Then the admin never got down to investigating him for another few months or at least unmasking him until days before they left office.   Yeah nothing fishy there.  :lol:  

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/08/obama-warn-trump-michael-flynn-238116

Former President Barack Obama warned then-President-elect Donald Trump about Michael Flynn during their Oval Office meeting two days after the election, current and former administration officials confirmed.

Obama and his staff felt Flynn was problematic and prone to what they thought of as crazy ideas, and had fired him from his job as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency. Obama relayed that to Trump during the 90 minutes they spent together

“General Flynn was given the highest security clearance by the Obama Administration - but the Fake News seldom likes talking about that,” Trump tweeted Monday morning.

Why did Flynn hide the $530,000 he was paid by a Turkish consultant, the $65,000 he was paid by Russian linked companies, the $45,000 from RT, the $11,250 from Kaspersky , and his conversations with Sergey Kislyak on his security clearance renewal?  Yeah, nothing fishy there :lol: 

Edited by XC.Morrison

I'm shocked that neither Biden nor Clapper remember anything about it.  /s

Unmasking is reserved for a select few as part of a counter intelligence investigation but these guys can't recall, forgot, or didn't know any details.  Yet they met about this topic in the Oval Office with the President.  Total BS.  

40 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'm shocked that neither Biden nor Clapper remember anything about it.  /s

Unmasking is reserved for a select few as part of a counter intelligence investigation but these guys can't recall, forgot, or didn't know any details.  Yet they met about this topic in the Oval Office with the President.  Total BS.  

They probably do actually remember but either don’t want to say or are unable to due to risk of revealing classified information.  

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Not buying that.   He was in the know and right in the middle of all of it.   "I can't recall" is the age old tactic in protecting oneself. 

Possibly the first national security investigation into an incoming administration and potentially the largest scandal in US political history (incoming administration supposedly colluding with the Russian's) and his claim he can't recall is laughable.

Well, I was a bit heavy on the hyperbole in saying he basically did what he was told.

2 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

They probably do actually remember but either don’t want to say or are unable to due to risk of revealing classified information.  

The truth will set you free..........These men cant speak truth as they do not know what that concept is.

Just look at their lie in public, truth behind closed doors record.  They subverted the law and are now being exposed  for that malfeasance. 

The penalties for these indiscretions are very severe. The push back will be immense but the paper trail is their downfall

49 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

more likely opening them self up to a bigger can of shit they know they were wading around in