Check your account email address ×

Lock downs will kill up to 75k

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Our Ace isn't to bad on pricing considering where we are. It's an hours drive to Littleton,  NH for HD or Lowe's.  Tax free NH is nice for larger purchases 

We have a awesome ace by us. I’ve been going there for ever. If I only need a few things it’s a lot cheaper. I go in and grab what I need. When you go to the big box store,you end up grabbing all sorts of shit because its on sale or what ever. That’s how the big box stores work. They have shit spread out all over the place,forcing you to walk by all of the other products that you don’t have on your list. That’s why the milk and bread is in the back 40 of all of those stores. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, ckf said:

Our Ace isn't to bad on pricing considering where we are. It's an hours drive to Littleton,  NH for HD or Lowe's.  Tax free NH is nice for larger purchases 

Our local Ace is really good....they have everything plus a garden center not to mention I know everybody that works there. We also have a Family Farm and Home that is pretty good as well. There is a Home Depot and Lowes 20 miles way in Petoskey...not sure how they both survive. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It is but, it’s also not.  It’s more like the steak house wanting your tie cinched up tight on your neck while wearing a shirt that is a size too small.  But, I see your point.  I personally don’t like it.  I run hot and I feel stifled in one but, I’m not in there too long so, I can deal with it.  If I can’t, I’m moving it down on my neck for a while.  It’s just the way it has to be for now.

I’m not learning this.  You aren’t either.

Use a bandanna or get in better shape tubby. :lol2:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

We have a awesome ace by us. I’ve been going there for ever. If I only need a few things it’s a lot cheaper. I go in and grab what I need. When you go to the big box store,you end up grabbing all sorts of shit because its on sale or what ever. That’s how the big box stores work. They have shit spread out all over the place,forcing you to walk by all of the other products that you don’t have on your list. That’s why the milk and bread is in the back 40 of all of those stores. 

I read something similar about Costco...they sell their rotisserie chickens at a loss but they put them in the back of this store so customers buy tons of of shit on the way to the chickens. Apparently they sell so many they are building chicken farms to keep up with the demand. 

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I did talk to my buddy there about it and he said some people are actually getting upset about it and just leaving the store.  I mean, where do they think they are going to go?  I’m sure Home Depot has a similar policy...or will soon.  And Home Depot sucks here.  Just worthless.

Fleet Farm no mask policy even for employees, they don't have spit shields or nothing.  That's for normal guy stuff, if you need building materials you'll have to bend down to their levels of fear or beat up an old woman or something.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I read something similar about Costco...they sell their rotisserie chickens at a loss but they put them in the back of this store so customers buy tons of of shit on the way to the chickens. Apparently they sell so many they are building chicken farms to keep up with the demand. 

For the last 4 years I’ve ran dehumidification jobs for a large grocery store chain. We do two too 4 stores a year in our area. A few are a bit far and they put us up in hotels. They average about $500k per store.  it’s to keep the cooler and freezer doors from fogging up. They can also raise the temperature in the store from 72deg to 74deg. It saves a bit of energy but the main reason is for impulse buying. People will buy stuff on impulse as they walk by and see the products. They will open doors and look for only the stuff that is on the list. By raising the temp to 74 ,it will keep the customer in the store longer because they are more comfortable. Years ago,they had heaters in the glass doors. Those are maintenance and energy pigs.

• Like 1

It did a few of their store front locations build outs. Their exhaust fans over the popcorn kettles don’t discharge out of the roof like 99% of any other restaurants. They discharged their exhaust above their front door right on the side walk. Anyone walking by gets the smell of fresh cooked popcorn with out walking into the store. I know their marketing trick and still get sucked into their store when walking by. Fucking https://www.garrettpopcorn.com/ Will get you..........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

Fleet Farm no mask policy even for employees, they don't have spit shields or nothing.  That's for normal guy stuff, if you need building materials you'll have to bend down to their levels of fear or beat up an old woman or something.

I almost forgot about them.  They sell plenty of building materials too.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Use a bandanna or get in better shape tubby. :lol2:

I’m gonna A sock around my face.  It’s just as good and will make everyone happy.

I’m in pretty good shape you hoser!  I’m just a bit round now.  I hope we saved these local eateries during this pandemic!!!  Sweet fuck!  I wonder how high obesity rates got with all this curb pick up ordering nonsense.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The amount of tv and radio advertisements promoting “social well being in this time of crises” is hilarious.  “Counselors standing by to talk or text...we’re all in this together.”:lol:

Some people really need others around a whole lot and apparently, cannot live without some type of daily social affirmation/validation.  They should kill themselves.  

my wife and daughter are offended

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So are mine.  I have them both insured.

I have to go out and help decorate the car for one of those  birthday parades. The only reason I am agreeing to it is because it’s for a little kid. The fuck if I would do it for a adult or one of these combat tic tok nurses. I’m really getting tired of hearing about these combat  health workers at these empty hospitals. 

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I have to go out and help decorate the car for one of those  birthday parades. The only reason I am agreeing to it is because it’s for a little kid. The fuck if I would do it for a adult or one of these combat tic tok nurses. I’m really getting tired of hearing about these combat  health workers at these empty hospitals. 

Yeah, “front line heroes!”  I just giggle.  Just means my daughter will get top money.  Heroes aren’t cheap you know!!!!

Meh, America desperately needs heroes to worship and given the choice between healthcare workers, politicians, pro athletes or Hollywood.  I’ll take HC workers.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, “front line heroes!”  I just giggle.  Just means my daughter will get top money.  Heroes aren’t cheap you know!!!!

Meh, America desperately needs heroes to worship and given the choice between healthcare workers, politicians, pro athletes or Hollywood.  I’ll take HC workers.

A new hollyidiot video will be coming

11 hours ago, Woodtick said:

They also play other games. Put sheetrock on sale and crank up the price of screws and mud. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I did one of those today I loaded 4 kids in the back of the pickup and they pelted the birthday boy with water balloons :lol: 

• Haha 3

On 5/9/2020 at 7:37 AM, Zambroski said:

I’m sure glad China stepped up their manufacturing of these masks so we could get all stocked up.  They are good people.

We will learn nothing.  Normal.

Hmmm. I wonder what they have laced the latest batch of masks with ? 

Just now, Frostynuts said:

Hmmm. I wonder what they have laced the latest batch of masks with ? 

We should be thankful they have stepped up to help us in our time of crises.

Like how somebody should be thankful if I punched them in the face until bloody and then, threw them a towel to help stop the bleeding....afterwords, sending them an invoice for the towel.

Our great leader up here in the great white north says we are not going to pay full price for 8 million masks that are sub standard. WTF, are they good, or not ? Maybe we could buy them, double the price, and sell them to the USA. Do you happen to know who the chief purchasing agent might be ? We might be able to work out a friendly deal, maybe get a 10% cut each, since we are neighbours. 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Our great leader up here in the great white north says we are not going to pay full price for 8 million masks that are sub standard. WTF, are they good, or not ? Maybe we could buy them, double the price, and sell them to the USA. Do you happen to know who the chief purchasing agent might be ? We might be able to work out a friendly deal, maybe get a 10% cut each, since we are neighbours. 

How the moron could pay anything for them is beyond me? I've never, in my life, seen the likes of this idiot ever. Simply fucking delusional and and beyond stupid and insane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, motonoggin said:

So we're basically admitting that our social safety net under capitalism is horrible, and that's being used as justification to continue capitalism....

um, no.