Check your account email address ×

Lock downs will kill up to 75k

8 hours ago, frenchy said:

wow what a bunch of snowflakes. Stay home safe, well fed, and with all the creature comforts known to man and after 2 months you need to off yourself? :lol: 

The amount of tv and radio advertisements promoting “social well being in this time of crises” is hilarious.  “Counselors standing by to talk or text...we’re all in this together.”:lol:

Some people really need others around a whole lot and apparently, cannot live without some type of daily social affirmation/validation.  They should kill themselves.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, frenchy said:

wow what a bunch of snowflakes. Stay home safe, well fed, and with all the creature comforts known to man and after 2 months you need to off yourself? :lol: 

Yet supermarkets and hardware stores look like a Saturday morning. Tell people they can go to these places and they want to go every fucking day.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yet supermarkets and hardware stores look like a Saturday morning. Tell people they can go to these places and they want to go every fucking day.

Lowes and Home Depot in Littleton were packed the 2 different times that we went. Both times we used the curbside pickup.  Both times we were the only one who was using curbside pickup.  

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I’ve noticed it too in this last week.  It’s just weird.  Lots of people all glove and masked up just walking around the isles aimlessly.  Wtf?  Go outdoors and do nothing!  Humanoids are bizarre creatures.

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

Lowes and Home Depot in Littleton were packed the 2 different times that we went. Both times we used the curbside pickup.  Both times we were the only one who was using curbside pickup.  

I was actually stopped at the front of Menards by an old bag and some young lady wearing some type of uniform yesterday.  I think she was like a health services person???  Anyway, forced to go get a mask or buy one of theirs to enter.  Ok, so I bought one and as I was putting it on in front of them made a few jokes and giggled about it.  I wasn’t an ass but, I felt bad about it afterwards.  So much so, I’ve got to go back this morning again and if she’s there, I’ll apologize.  She was just doing her job.  Fuck the old bag though...why was she out when her type is the most susceptible to this? Why was she standing there?  After I apologize to that nice young lady, I’m gonna give that old lady a piece of my mind!!!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve noticed it too in this last week.  It’s just weird.  Lots of people all glove and masked up just walking around the isles aimlessly.  Wtf?  Go outdoors and do nothing!  Humanoids are bizarre creatures.

I was actually stopped at the front of Menards by an old bag and some young lady wearing some type of uniform yesterday.  I think she was like a health services person???  Anyway, forced to go get a mask or buy one of theirs to enter.  Ok, so I bought one and as I was putting it on in front of them made a few jokes and giggled about it.  I wasn’t an ass but, I felt bad about it afterwards.  So much so, I’ve got to go back this morning again and if she’s there, I’ll apologize.  She was just doing her job.  Fuck the old bag though...why was she out when her type is the most susceptible to this? Why was she standing there?  After I apologize to that nice young lady, I’m gonna give that old lady a piece of my mind!!!!!

:lol:

Encounters like that can be the tipping point for some . You better leave the knife and. 380 at home because none of us here, maybe a few, don't want to be reading about some nut from MN going on a shooting rampage over wearing a mask. :lol:

I think wearing a mask in stores will be common practice as we slowly start to get things going. I do find it strange that businesses weren't requiring them when the virus was at it's worst, but now they are.  

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Encounters like that can be the tipping point for some . You better leave the knife and. 380 at home because none of us here, maybe a few, don't want to be reading about some nut from MN going on a shooting rampage over wearing a mask. :lol:

I think wearing a mask in stores will be common practice as we slowly start to get things going. I do find it strange that businesses weren't requiring them when the virus was at it's worst, but now they are.  

I’m not that opposed that I am going to throw a big deal about it.  But I will put my hands on anybody that thinks they can just  pop off about me not wearing one. Social justice warriors should stay in the web....and I’ll sure as fuck show them why.

Yeah, me too.  It’s going to become an “entrance fee” type thing now.  Miraculously, all stores requiring them will have them for sale for all of our “convenience”. :lmao:

Meh....just play the game I guess.

I did talk to my buddy there about it and he said some people are actually getting upset about it and just leaving the store.  I mean, where do they think they are going to go?  I’m sure Home Depot has a similar policy...or will soon.  And Home Depot sucks here.  Just worthless.

They weren’t required because of availability. They needed to get the hospitals and people that really needed them stocked up first. It is also a mental thing to help get things opened back up. My son was in Bass Pro the other day. There was a old guy in the store calling the police because he saw a employee come out of a store room with out one. Some people really need to stay at home a bit longer. I don’t wear one much. Only in stores that require them and at work when required. I sure as fuck don’t wear one while driving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

They weren’t required because of availability. They needed to get the hospitals and people that really needed them stocked up first. It is also a mental thing to help get things opened back up. My son was in Bass Pro the other day. There was a old guy in the store calling the police because he saw a employee come out of a store room with out one. Some people really need to stay at home a bit longer. I don’t wear one much. Only in stores that require them and at work when required. I sure as fuck don’t wear one while driving.

I’m sure glad China stepped up their manufacturing of these masks so we could get all stocked up.  They are good people.

We will learn nothing.  Normal.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I did talk to my buddy there about it and he said some people are actually getting upset about it and just leaving the store.  I mean, where do they think they are going to go?  I’m sure Home Depot has a similar policy...or will soon.  And Home Depot sucks here.  Just worthless.

It’s really no different than going to a nice steak house and they require long pants and a collared shirt. People on both sides of this are a little tweaked in the head right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I only use the big box a few times a year.  I try to use the local hardware stores whenever possible.  We have an Ace Hardware here in town that is great to deal with. We try to buy from them whenever we can.  When the local Ace is closed we have another local hardware/we have everything store 25 miles away that is open from 7am - 9pm 7 days a week. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Any stores that are open in our area are all packed......traffic in general has also increased quite a bit in the last 2 weeks.

May as well just reopen the small businesses as well at this point using the "recommended " guidance of distancing and dreaded masks. This mitigation is all that is needed now...that and don't visit great great grandma in the nursing home for awhile and all will be fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It’s really no different than going to a nice steak house and they require long pants and a collared shirt. People on both sides of this are a little tweaked in the head right now.

:goodpost:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m sure glad China stepped up their manufacturing of these masks so we could get all stocked up.  They are good people.

We will learn nothing.  Normal.

You and I will learn,it’s all about the money still. Some others will think it’s for the greater good.

Just now, ckf said:

I only use the big box a few times a year.  I try to use the local hardware stores whenever possible.  We have an Ace Hardware here in town that is great to deal with. We try to buy from them whenever we can.  When the local Ace is closed we have another local hardware/we have everything store 25 miles away that is open from 7am - 9pm 7 days a week. 

I use our Ace every now and then

especially for some quick buys or specialty items.  They really do have helpful people and they at least know where shit is.  We call ours “Double down Denny’s” (it’s Denny’s Ace Hardware) because it’s twice the price as anyone else.  Which isn’t always true.....sometimes it’s three times the price!  :lmao:

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Any stores that are open in our area are all packed......traffic in general has also increased quite a bit in the last 2 weeks.

May as well just reopen the small businesses as well at this point using the "recommended " guidance of distancing and dreaded masks. This mitigation is all that is needed now...that and don't visit great great grandma in the nursing home for awhile and all will be fine.

:iagree:.  Opening the small business will help spread the people out. Unless things change the stay at home order ends here in VT next Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It is but, it’s also not.  It’s more like the steak house wanting your tie cinched up tight on your neck while wearing a shirt that is a size too small.  But, I see your point.  I personally don’t like it.  I run hot and I feel stifled in one but, I’m not in there too long so, I can deal with it.  If I can’t, I’m moving it down on my neck for a while.  It’s just the way it has to be for now.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

You and I will learn,it’s all about the money still. Some others will think it’s for the greater good.

I’m not learning this.  You aren’t either.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I use our Ace every now and then

especially for some quick buys or specialty items.  They really do have helpful people and they at least know where shit is.  We call ours “Double down Denny’s” (it’s Denny’s Ace Hardware) because it’s twice the price as anyone else.  Which isn’t always true.....sometimes it’s three times the price!  :lmao:

Our Ace isn't to bad on pricing considering where we are. It's an hours drive to Littleton,  NH for HD or Lowe's.  Tax free NH is nice for larger purchases 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

And hoard everything

The guy across the street is a manager at Maynard’s. The reason they went to mandatory masks was because of employees saying it wasn’t safe to work there and wanted to be laid off or weren’t showing up for work because of it. Their is some truth to that. The stores are full of people just walking around and hanging out. My neighbor says he sees the same people everyday,never really buying anything. Some of his employees are older and need the job to supplement their retirement. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Our Ace isn't to bad on pricing considering where we are. It's an hours drive to Littleton,  NH for HD or Lowe's.  Tax free NH is nice for larger purchases 

I don’t mind it too much.  They aren’t geared for big contracting jobs.  They are what they are and know their place.  It is refreshing to see a staff that is pretty knowledgeable.  That comes at a cost I don’t mind paying sometimes.  Want the best price on the cheapest products?  That’s what Walmart is for and their help is like walking potted plants trying to escape you on every isle.

Get what you pay for!

• Like 1