Check your account email address ×

Trump Says 20 Million Jobs Lost to COVID-19 'Will Be Back Very Soon'

he needs a big chunk of them to be back by August/Sept to ensure beating Biden.  No confidence about jobs, no reelection.   The good thing for the numbers is a lot of companies will try to make a comeback before pulling the ripcord so that should give some room once states reopen.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

It will be a slow recovery for the hospitality industry and things linked to it.   Other area's of the economy will see a surge.   

Edited by Highmark

33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It will be a slow recovery for the hospitality industry and things linked to it.   Other area's of the economy will see a surge.   

Not without massive spending. 

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not without massive spending. 

Isn't that already occurring?   

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

just like Obama did and Bill Jeff.   FUcking dems always having to bail the pubs out.  :news:  

Seems to be the trend  :bc: 

Edited by Skidooski

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Isn't that already occurring?   

yes but there will be more. Think of all of the state and local govts that already had massive debt problems and compound that with all of the lack of revenue due to this shut down and the slow reopening. then all of the businesses that wont make it or future business models will be altered. Man i just dont see a good outlook. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

yes but there will be more. Think of all of the state and local govts that already had massive debt problems and compound that with all of the lack of revenue due to this shut down and the slow reopening. then all of the businesses that wont make it or future business models will be altered. Man i just dont see a good outlook. 

Yeah I said the state govts will be hurting and some require fed govt help.   They shouldn't but they will.

Really tough to tell where we will be in 3-6-12 months.   

I agree that some business' may never recover but I do feel a significant portion of the spending and jobs may shift rather quickly.  

The wave of bankruptcies about to occur is going to be epic

Fed is going to need to print money at around 1.5 trillion per quarter just to find what we have extended now 

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The wave of bankruptcies about to occur is going to be epic

Fed is going to need to print money at around 1.5 trillion per quarter just to find what we have extended now 

its going to take a lot. I listen to squawk box every morning and they try to convey a positive outlook (mostly just stock market numbers which we know are bullshit) but then they talk about real shit. There is going to be alot of fall out that we havent even thought about yet. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hanktucker/2020/05/03/coronavirus-bankruptcy-tracker-these-major-companies-are-failing-amid-the-shutdown/#574b5b453425

Just now, Woodtick said:

My son just lost his internship job. We are going through our back log jobs quick. The salesman aren’t quoting shit. It’s going to take a few years. 

wooD U ratHur EVeryWun DyE InstEaD?!?!?!

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Wait till the free money gets turned off to these retards sitting at home.

Fuck I was more than happy to get back to work! :suicide:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

My son just lost his internship job. We are going through our back log jobs quick. The salesman aren’t quoting shit. It’s going to take a few years. 

That sucks my daughter was supposed to run the store she worked at in HS this summer,  i've been waiting for her to be told they are not reopening.  Would have been a good situation for her major but looks like she will take care of my assistants kid for the summer instead.  Shes been making 200/wk over there PT so at least shes got money coming in.  

Had I known a bit earlier I could have gotten both my kids in at my work but they had jobs lined up closer to home and ours are an hour away.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Biden will fix everything within his first term  :news: 

Biden couldnt fix a loose bolt. This is why its better to let Trump win. Trump wants to spend trillions, the dems will go along with that as long as they get some of their stupid shit thrown in. If the dems try to spend their way out the republicans will once again become all fiscal and filabuster everything like they did with Obama. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Biden will fix everything within his first term  :news: 

He can’t even find his way out of his basement. :lol: