Check your account email address ×

Quaranitne Garage Projects!

Got all this time on my hands, 4 weeks minimum.  Not even 2 weeks into it and I'm running out of projects so last night said fuck it and started diving into the big one.  The rear main seal shit out 6 weeks ago and the oil drips right down onto the crossover pipe and smokes like Cheech & Chong.  The oil pan is rusted out as well and the gasket leaks a little.  Time to seal it up.  One exhaust manifold gave up the ghost in the process so during lunch I'm looking up a set of headers.  I was hoping to put the engine back in tomorrow but being a 26 year old truck I knew something would break on disassembly, so it can sit a week if it needs to. 

- I have a set of GT-40 heads (not yet ready) and intake for this truck, replacing camshaft at that time.  1-2 years down the road probably.

Shane 2020 OBS.JPG

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

If you’re this far into it you could LS swap

I have GT-40 heads & intake for it.  Just need to send to machine shop and order a cam & lifters.  That's for next time!

Plans for 4.10 gears front & rear.

Just ordered these headers.

headers.jpg

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

a lot better shape than my 12 and my 14 . I need me some of those plastic wheelwell rust cover flares .

Save yourself a pile of money and just go buy a couple kids pools. :lol:

Who_Needs_Fender_Flares.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, irv said:

Save yourself a pile of money and just go buy a couple kids pools. :lol:

Who_Needs_Fender_Flares.jpg

lmfao sweet stuff .

I looked in to those flare deals but thought the trucks look better with rust than big old flares with street tires . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

They sell thin ones.

honestly only place I looked was fleet farm at some in stock lund I think.  fuck it just work trucks . 

poss for the 14 i dont think the 12 is long for this world . after it is warm and you come to a stop the oil pressure drops and alarms start going off.  got to keep her reved up to about the 1 on the tack. 

i did buy AAA last mo so I am ready  lol 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

honestly only place I looked was fleet farm at some in stock lund I think.  fuck it just work trucks . 

poss for the 14 i dont think the 12 is long for this world . after it is warm and you come to a stop the oil pressure drops and alarms start going off.  got to keep her reved up to about the 1 on the tack. 

i did buy AAA last mo so I am ready  lol 

Try 4wheel parts and service in Ham Lake Mn. I bought a low profile set from them for my sons truck. Tell em woodtick sent ya.  They carry the made in USA paintable kind. Not cheap but looked good.