Check your account email address ×

What are you doing for groceries?

I think Instacart is down for the count.

What are you doing, going yourself?

I have to find someone to shop for us. 

I'll pay about $50.00 for them to go for me. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not going everyday like I used to, but hitting to local meat market/grocery up.

P, you don't have any small locally owned grocery in your area??

I go to store as needed and enjoy looking at all the colorful and creative masks and gloves.......I have always tried to keep my distance from other shoppers long before this 6 foot thing. Its nice to see others respect space now and not have some inconsiderate  dot head smack me in the face with their turbin from being so close.  I could live this way for a very long time. Thank you Corona:bc:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I think Instacart is down for the count.

What are you doing, going yourself?

I have to find someone to shop for us. 

I'll pay about $50.00 for them to go for me. 

Most of the stores around here have an early hour for those over 60, stop and shop has their own delivery and most of the others will shop for you and bring it out to your car so you don't have to go in. 

35 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Not going everyday like I used to, but hitting to local meat market/grocery up.

P, you don't have any small locally owned grocery in your area??

What he said.  Nicole has been shopping in the local market. We pay a little more, but don't have to deal with as many people.  Try to go before 9am if possible.

49 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I go to the store myself. 

Went to big y this morning. Got everything I needed. No probs. Fucking clowns with bandanas on like they are going to rob a bank. The funniest part is they think it helps :lmao:

34 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Most of the stores around here have an early hour for those over 60, stop and shop has their own delivery and most of the others will shop for you and bring it out to your car so you don't have to go in. 

Did you hear about the meat guy at village mart? He tested positive yikes

I went for the first time Wednesday. I was there at 730pm, they close at 8. There was about 20 people or so in the place. Easy to keep your distance. Most things were on the shelf. No orange juice, frozen hamburgers or hamburger buns. Buns and burgers were on my list. Big plastic dividers at the check outs so you can get near the cashier and she bagged the groceries, no helpers.

Yes, seen the bandanas, dust masks and even 2 people wearing ski masks and gloves while they shopped. Hey, what ever makes you feel safe.

I need to go tomorrow for my mom as she hasn't gone in over 2 weeks.

People have been commenting on Facebook that the local grocery stores offering the online order with pick up have been terrible. You get home with your order and the staples are missing. No bread, no milk, no eggs, so you have to go out somewhere else and find them.

Best selection at the stores is at opening. You can shop early if you are over 55 here.

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I went for the first time Wednesday. I was there at 730pm, they close at 8. There was about 20 people or so in the place. Easy to keep your distance. Most things were on the shelf. No orange juice, frozen hamburgers or hamburger buns. Buns and burgers were on my list. Big plastic dividers at the check outs so you can get near the cashier and she bagged the groceries, no helpers.

Yes, seen the bandanas, dust masks and even 2 people wearing ski masks and gloves while they shopped. Hey, what ever makes you feel safe.

I need to go tomorrow for my mom as she hasn't gone in over 2 weeks.

People have been commenting on Facebook that the local grocery stores offering the online order with pick up have been terrible. You get home with your order and the staples are missing. No bread, no milk, no eggs, so you have to go out somewhere else and find them.

Best selection at the stores is at opening. You can shop early if you are over 55 here.

One of our markets offers a curbside service with online ordering. They posted yesterday on FB that they are currently scheduling about 7 days out for pickup.  I didn't see any complaints at the time.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Anyone doing this? 

We've been using Lysol wipes on pretty much everything we bring in to the house. From what I've read it would be hard to get it from packaging. But I'm on a medicine that weakens my immune system, so I'd rather not take any chances.  

• Gold Member
47 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Wife works at Wallworld, she brings home whatever we need, and gets 10%.

My wife works at a grocery store, she says it's slowed down alot from when this started. 

She's still baffled by the people that refuse to let her bag their groceries after she rings them up, i guess they missed the part when she ran each item through the scanner. 

• Confused 1

I’m going to the supermarket about every week just like normal. I just read an article about the 100 step process you should take in prepping and sanitizing everything when you go. Honestly I have no time for any of that shit. :dunno: 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Yeah i heard, we haven't shopped there since this crap started because they jumped prices too much imo. 

I haven’t been in there but heard they are expensive