Check your account email address ×

Country is gripped in a pandemic and he’s got to make it about him.

How fucking sad. 

Trump Veers Off to Attack Ukraine Whistleblower at Coronavirus Briefing

President Donald Trump on Saturday spent much of his daily press briefing on the coronavirus raging against perceived enemies, from the media, to the Ukraine whistleblower, to the recently ousted commander of a Navy aircraft carrier. 

On the same day the U.S. death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic surpassed 8,000, Trump opened the briefing with a slam at the media, which he accused of “spreading false rumors.” 

“Get this over with, then go back to your fake news,” Trump said. 

While acknowledging that the nation will likely see “a lot of death” in the coming weeks, the president repeatedly reiterated his calls for the country to “get back to work” and ease up on protective restrictions. 

And then he let loose on critics. 

Asked about his Friday night firing of intelligence community inspector general Michael Atkinson, who notified Congress of the whistleblower complaint that ultimately led to his impeachment, Trump slammed both Atkinson and the whistleblower.

“Frankly, somebody oughta sue his ass off,” the president said of the anonymous intelligence whistleblower, adding that Atkinson, a Trump appointee, “did a terrible job.”  

Trump also slammed Captain Brett Crozier, who was relieved of his duty commanding the USS Theodore Roosevelt after writing a letter warning about the spread of the coronavirus on his ship. While Crozier’s warnings were dismissed and his pleas for help to Navy leadership were met with punishment, more men on his ship wound up testing positive for the virus, with 137 cases as of Saturday. 

In addition to backing the Navy’s decision to ax Crozier, Trump appeared to mock him for daring to sound the alarm about the virus. 

“I thought it looked terrible what he did, to write a letter,” Trump said. “This is not a class on literature.” 

He went on to take aim at the governors of states that have been hit hard by the coronavirus, claiming without evidence that the states were asking for more equipment than they needed. Trump singled out New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, claiming that the estimates that New York will need 40,000 ventilators were overestimates. 

“40,000, think of it,” Trump said. “40,000. It’s not possible. They won’t need that many.” 

While Trump won praise from some of his critics earlier this week for appearing to finally grasp the severity of the pandemic, on Saturday he once again seemed to buck expert advice by suggesting certain protective restrictions could soon be loosened. 

Speaking about Easter Sunday—the “beautiful” date by which he had earlier suggested things could go back to normal—he mused about churches possibly holding special services with social distancing in mind. 

“Maybe we could allow special, for churches, maybe we could talk about it. Maybe we could allow them, with great separation outside, on Easter Sunday. I don’t know, it's something we should talk about,” he said. 

“We have to get this country open. This country was not designed to be closed...we're paying people to stay home...and they want to go to work.” 

Trump also promoted hydroxychloroquine, the drug that’s become key to the Trump administration’s coronavirus response even though the FDA hasn’t approved its use against the virus. 

“I may take it,” Trump said. “I have to ask my doctors about that.”

On Friday, President Trump announced a new CDC recommendation that Americans wear cloth or fabric face masks in public to help prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus, but bizarrely said that he wouldn’t bother to wear one himself.

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member

Narcissistic POS.

I heard his comments about why he won't wear a mask....said he has to meet with kings, queens, dictators and it would be strange for him do so wearing a mask...idiot. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

Just watched a Dr. on a YouTube vid. Says this fukker is gonna' be here for a long time. 

I don't give a fuck, I'm cancelling all my Doctor, dentist, license, permits, M/V inspections, etc. Everything!!! Every fukkin thing!!!! 

I ain't goin' near anybody! Nobody!!

I just hope I can get Instacart goin' again. 

If not, I have to find somebody to do the groceries. 

What many are missing is there are many international passenger flights going all over the world.

Borders closed? NOT

For example when I just check there is a passenger flight from Rome to New York currently just west of Ireland. A Boeing 777-243(ER).

And that is in no way the only one.

19 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

What many are missing is there are many international passenger flights going all over the world.

Borders closed? NOT

For example when I just check there is a passenger flight from Rome to New York currently just west of Ireland. A Boeing 777-243(ER).

It's been brought up several times....it makes no sense nor does the haphazard response all over the country. 

“Gripped in a pandemic”.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Borders closed? NOT

Astonishing...isn’t it.  Hot spots still open for travel but....you can’t eat at the restaurants there!  Fuck all that!

Were I the OP... I also would not post the URL for the source.....

"We were earlyprincipled, and unapologetic opponents of Donald Trump’s divisive and demagogic campaign," Avlon wrote. "But if he is our next president, we will not question his legitimacy or hope he fails. Instead, we will count ourselves members of the loyal opposition—loyal to the United States of America and opposed to the policies proposed by the president-elect during his campaign. And we will reflect on what has led so many of our fellow Americans to embrace such a messenger."

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

"We were earlyprincipled, and unapologetic opponents of Donald Trump’s divisive and demagogic campaign," Avlon wrote. "But if he is our next president, we will not question his legitimacy or hope he fails. Instead, we will count ourselves members of the loyal opposition—loyal to the United States of America and opposed to the policies proposed by the president-elect during his campaign. And we will reflect on what has led so many of our fellow Americans to embrace such a messenger."

Normal.  No need to post the URL or even the full story anymore.

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Most networks are not covering his daily bullshit rally’s anymore.

because 

Get this over with, then go back to your fake news,” Trump said

lmfao 

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

so again this fits shocker

Get this over with, then go back to your fake news,” Trump said

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

And, looking quickly, not one word about the flights from China still coming into Canada?? No, the T.O. Star couldn't do that as it would make Trudope look like an imbecile but if it paints Trump in a bad light, for sure we'll use it!! 

No, no media bias at all from the T.O. Star. :news:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Most networks are not covering his daily bullshit rally’s anymore.

Well yeah, then you will hear the full questions and answers,.Or in other terms something accurate that will allow you to form your own opinion.

You seriously can't be this far out to lunch to not know this?? .They have no problems showing you their edited snip-its right?? But won't show the whole thing?? Seems kinda strange doesn't it?? Almost like they are trying to get people to see things a specific way rather than making their own decisions by allowing the full unedited daily press briefing..

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You really need to get the larger pads, your flow is much higher than normal.

Play your cards right and maybe The Drunken Judge could be #4! :lol:

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

How fucking sad. 

Trump Veers Off to Attack Ukraine Whistleblower at Coronavirus Briefing

President Donald Trump on Saturday spent much of his daily press briefing on the coronavirus raging against perceived enemies, from the media, to the Ukraine whistleblower, to the recently ousted commander of a Navy aircraft carrier. 

On the same day the U.S. death toll from the COVID-19 pandemic surpassed 8,000, Trump opened the briefing with a slam at the media, which he accused of “spreading false rumors.” 

“Get this over with, then go back to your fake news,” Trump said. 

While acknowledging that the nation will likely see “a lot of death” in the coming weeks, the president repeatedly reiterated his calls for the country to “get back to work” and ease up on protective restrictions. 

And then he let loose on critics. 

Asked about his Friday night firing of intelligence community inspector general Michael Atkinson, who notified Congress of the whistleblower complaint that ultimately led to his impeachment, Trump slammed both Atkinson and the whistleblower.

“Frankly, somebody oughta sue his ass off,” the president said of the anonymous intelligence whistleblower, adding that Atkinson, a Trump appointee, “did a terrible job.”  

Trump also slammed Captain Brett Crozier, who was relieved of his duty commanding the USS Theodore Roosevelt after writing a letter warning about the spread of the coronavirus on his ship. While Crozier’s warnings were dismissed and his pleas for help to Navy leadership were met with punishment, more men on his ship wound up testing positive for the virus, with 137 cases as of Saturday. 

In addition to backing the Navy’s decision to ax Crozier, Trump appeared to mock him for daring to sound the alarm about the virus. 

“I thought it looked terrible what he did, to write a letter,” Trump said. “This is not a class on literature.” 

He went on to take aim at the governors of states that have been hit hard by the coronavirus, claiming without evidence that the states were asking for more equipment than they needed. Trump singled out New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, claiming that the estimates that New York will need 40,000 ventilators were overestimates. 

“40,000, think of it,” Trump said. “40,000. It’s not possible. They won’t need that many.” 

While Trump won praise from some of his critics earlier this week for appearing to finally grasp the severity of the pandemic, on Saturday he once again seemed to buck expert advice by suggesting certain protective restrictions could soon be loosened. 

Speaking about Easter Sunday—the “beautiful” date by which he had earlier suggested things could go back to normal—he mused about churches possibly holding special services with social distancing in mind. 

“Maybe we could allow special, for churches, maybe we could talk about it. Maybe we could allow them, with great separation outside, on Easter Sunday. I don’t know, it's something we should talk about,” he said. 

“We have to get this country open. This country was not designed to be closed...we're paying people to stay home...and they want to go to work.” 

Trump also promoted hydroxychloroquine, the drug that’s become key to the Trump administration’s coronavirus response even though the FDA hasn’t approved its use against the virus. 

“I may take it,” Trump said. “I have to ask my doctors about that.”

On Friday, President Trump announced a new CDC recommendation that Americans wear cloth or fabric face masks in public to help prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus, but bizarrely said that he wouldn’t bother to wear one himself.

I look at the title to the thread, I look at your post, I see the bold.. Then I think why you didn't ask yourself

Which news agency asked such an idiotic question in this time of need that has nothing to do with what is going on with the pandemic?  And then flame that agency??

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.. ya know..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I look at the title to the thread, I look at your post, I see the bold.. Then I think why you didn't ask yourself

Which news agency asked such an idiotic question in this time of need that has nothing to do with what is going on with the pandemic?  And then flame that agency??

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.. ya know..

true story but you are not intended to think that deep real the headline then get mad and read the story that was worded to fan your hemorrhoid flames . you know like the last 8974 times 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The Trump experiment is a fail. Just a few more months.

If Biden is the dem's boi in Nov., you'll be likkin' Trumpballs for another four.  

34 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

If Biden is the dem's boi in Nov., you'll be likkin' Trumpballs for another four.  

Quit talking about licking balls or you'll have the gay one in here!!!

53 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Quit talking about licking balls or you'll have the gay one in here!!!

LMAO!! Yeah Kev I forgot, gay talk brings him out, like a piece of cheese for, MARCHAND THE RAT!!!