Check your account email address ×

My 20 yo niece has the covid

Just now, motonoggin said:

You guys sure about that? 

:lol:

Yes,went in and out of Africa and some shitty Mid East country’s. We had to take a pill once a month and they switched to a shot that lasted a few months. The packaging for the pill said it was for malaria.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

Fuck. I had a tick on me a few days ago. Not even any grass where I was 

Yeah those fuckers are everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

One of my buds had his life turned upside down after getting bit by a tick at Kentucky lake. His body has been attacking itself ever since. He is a shell of his former self. 

That is awful....I listened to a local radio show last year about Lyme Disease in this area and how tough it is to even get a diagnosis...some of the stories were pretty nasty.

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

One of my buds had his life turned upside down after getting bit by a tick at Kentucky lake. His body has been attacking itself ever since. He is a shell of his former self. 

Good friend from high school died from it a while back. Crazy.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

I wish someone would come up with a cure or vaccine for Lyme disease. That is some nasty shit that will fuck with you the rest of your life. 

Good luck to your niece. Hoping for a full recovery.

I was diagnosed with Lyme 4 years ago for the second time in 20 years. 1st time I caught it early and got the antibiotics, this time it was too late and I have a lot of joint pain, fatigue, and headaches my doctor attributes to Lyme.

Protect yourself guys, you don't want it.

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Good luck to your niece. Hoping for a full recovery.

I was diagnosed with Lyme 4 years ago for the second time in 20 years. 1st time I caught it early and got the antibiotics, this time it was too late and I have a lot of joint pain, fatigue, and headaches my doctor attributes to Lyme.

Protect yourself guys, you don't want it.

Sorry to hear that Craig...what works best to repel them...Deet? 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Started coming down with symptoms on Saturday and hasn't left the couch since. Completely kicking her ass. Pretty much guaranteed the whole family is infected now too as she came home from school 12 days ago from Saturday. And her 79 yo grandfather. Talking with her dad it sounds worse than a cold. 

Fortunately it’s just a cold and she should be just fine 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sorry to hear that Craig...what works best to repel them...Deet? 

Yea, Deet is best sprayed on your socks and pants up to your waste. They mostly live in grassy/bushy open areas and get on you from rubbing against the plant they are on. The dogs get the Frontline from April to November and we Spray Vets Best flea and tick spray on them when we go for walks at the cabin.

• Thanks 1

Wow Dave. This hits way to close to home. Your niece will be fine. Prayers for the old guy. Lots of vitamin C and D. Maybe the malaria concoction.

Stay safe wveryone. One way to help stomp this out is to keep your distance. Pay attention to everyone around you. Limit the number of people in your space to one or two. 

Good Luck everyone. This is no fun. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Yea, Deet is best sprayed on your socks and pants up to your waste. They mostly live in grassy/bushy open areas and get on you from rubbing against the plant they are on. The dogs get the Frontline from April to November and we Spray Vets Best flea and tick spray on them when we go for walks at the cabin.

I was just reading not too long ago the best weapon against ticks is chickens. They eat the fuck out of them. 

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was just reading not too long ago the best weapon against ticks is chickens. They eat the fuck out of them. 

I've heard that too. We spray the yard at the cabin with Cutter Backyard. Kills ticks and controls mosquitos real well.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

That is why I got them . Had the place logged. First day cleaning up slash I pulled 5 off of me. Went out the next day and bought chickens. Have had em ever since.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anler said:

I wish someone would come up with a cure or vaccine for Lyme disease. That is some nasty shit that will fuck with you the rest of your life. 

That's racist.

10 hours ago, Anler said:

That's racist.

8 hours ago, Anler said:

Correct chickens and ducks, you won't have a living insect in your yard.

Hope all goes well with your niece

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bussman said:

Nope, but it said it on all the boxes of it. :lol: 

My wife had to take the malaria drugs before she went to India a few years back for business. I wonder how long it stays in your system?

13 hours ago, Zeusand said:

Sorry to hear that, one of my customers has lost all sense of smell and taste. He knows he has it but waiting for the test results to confirm.

Yep, that the classic symptoms of the 2 people I know that have it.  They are both from NY and are finally getting over it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anler said:

Guinea Fowl

Working as a team, guineas will eat any pest they can get their beaks on, but unlike chickens, do so without tearing and scratching up your garden. Since they free-range, they will hunt ticks (or beetles, fleas, grasshoppers, crickets, snakes) all over your property.

Guinea Fowl Sounds As The Alarm Call That Make Excellent 'Watchdogs”

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Correct chickens and ducks, you won't have a living insect in your yard.

Hope all goes well with your niece

They'll shit everywhere too.  :lol:  :bc:  Pick your poison I guess.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

They'll shit everywhere too.  :lol:  :bc:  Pick your poison I guess.

We had a couple ducks one year, all they do is eat and shit. We had to get rid of them because the neighbor was worried her kids might get some duck shit disease... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Yep, that the classic symptoms of the 2 people I know that have it.  They are both from NY and are finally getting over it.

Did they get their sense of taste and smell back completely? I've read different reports some say yes, some no and some partly.