Check your account email address ×

My 20 yo niece has the covid

Started coming down with symptoms on Saturday and hasn't left the couch since. Completely kicking her ass. Pretty much guaranteed the whole family is infected now too as she came home from school 12 days ago from Saturday. And her 79 yo grandfather. Talking with her dad it sounds worse than a cold. 

• Sad 4

Just now, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

shitty man. she'll get over it, but watch for the ole guy. all the best for all

Yeah I know, he is pretty healthy for 79 but you never know. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Started coming down with symptoms on Saturday and hasn't left the couch since. Completely kicking her ass. Pretty much guaranteed the whole family is infected now too as she came home from school 12 days ago from Saturday. And her 79 yo grandfather. Talking with her dad it sounds worse than a cold. 

Was she out and about after getting home from college?

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Really sorry to hear that.  Hope her and the family get through ok  :bc: 

Thanks. I think they will be ok, they are all pretty healthy. 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Was she out and about after getting home from college?

Sounds like no, they have been staying put since her school closed. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anler said:

Wife and I were supposed to fly to Florida and see ma this week, that got pushed off indefinitely.  She's 85 and living by herself.   Don't dare even being near her until this thing is over, or we all check out clean.  Fucked up times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sorry to hear that, one of my customers has lost all sense of smell and taste. He knows he has it but waiting for the test results to confirm.

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Wife and I were supposed to fly to Florida and see ma this week, that got pushed off indefinitely.  She's 85 and living by herself.   Don't dare even being near her until this thing is over, or we all check out clean.  Fucked up times.

I have my 81 yo MIL living with us and she just got out of the hospital so we aren't taking any chances either. With her health issues she is as good as dead if she gets anything. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have my 81 yo MIL living with us and she just got out of the hospital so we aren't taking any chances either. With her health issues she is as good as dead if she gets anything. 

No doubt.  I have a buddy who's a carpenter by trade, but also living with lung cancer for 5 years on all kinds of meds.  He doesn't dare leave the house.  No income.  Alotta huge impacts starting to be felt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

No doubt.  I have a buddy who's a carpenter by trade, but also living with lung cancer for 5 years on all kinds of meds.  He doesn't dare leave the house.  No income.  Alotta huge impacts starting to be felt.

Dr's put me on house arrest again because of my immune system.

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It's quite a pile of work to go shopping for my parents. After I get it, I back up to the garage and we have a sanitization station set up. :lol:

Everything goes on the table. Everything  that can be wiped is. Put it on a trolly. Leave groceries and get halfway out the driveway. Dad comes out... we chat from 20 feet, then I go. I sucks.

• Like 2

Hope it's not life threatening for any of them Anler!

My pop called me today with a sob story of why I dropped off stuff for them yesterday and didn't come inside to say hi to mom.  "You should really at least call her!"  WTF?

He don't get it at all.  He's a mental case over this non-socializing thing.  I'm around strangers at work all day, i'm not setting a foot in their house, for their own good!

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

Did the test go quickly like claimed? 

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

My son said 3-5 days of it were brutal and 10 of it sucked. But he’s 20 and had no choice but to be exposed. He’s over it now. 

But it’s the elderly in your family I really hope the best for. :bc: 

• Like 1