Check your account email address ×

How is your state doing?

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That park I was at in Florida was full of people from the Michigan UP. They were all staying for a party yesterday and leaving tomorrow to head home. The wife's parents left this morning for Ontario. They made it to South Carolina. 2 more days before they are home.

No kidding...staying for a party and then heading home...WTF...The UP is fairly clean at this point. 

2 hours ago, snowstorm said:

maine state police says please dont confront the imports with out of state plates that are trying to hide out up here. 

i'm a little self conscious driving around in a car with FL temp tags on it right now.  but with town hall closed I don't have much choice.  

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding...staying for a party and then heading home...WTF...The UP is fairly clean at this point. 

Someone who’s been in the park for years sold their place. They were well liked. The had the party in the driveways and distances were respected.

i was more expressing that the snowbirds usually dont plan to head home until late April. There are still plenty down there.

Friends of the wife booked a flight out for the 13th.

The guy who wrote the book on driving I-75 for Canadians announced he is leaving Saturday and encouraged others to do the same.

Many still feel they are safer staying put if they can.

12 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

So there not sleeping under a bridge in minus 30 temps...

Any person that isn't a citiot & likes the outdoors ... :news:

only when they pass out drunk under said bridge 

I took this picture this morning. The heart is McCormick place ,where the temporary hospital is. The others are around Michigan Ave and lower wacker. Not many people out for Chicago. Much more in the afternoon when headed home.

31684112-59FC-4000-BD46-D808FC1C22D5.jpeg

3463098F-D061-4E80-B24F-1FAD840E895A.jpeg

B892C951-0460-4C66-9DE0-83DD3A11A1EC.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I took this picture this morning. The heart is McCormick place ,where the temporary hospital is. The others are around Michigan Ave and lower wacker. Not many people out for Chicago. Much more in the afternoon when headed home.

Weird. How long before people start to lose it?

18 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That’s awesome!  Almost makes big city living worth it!  Think you can keep everyone I their homes?

Vermont is starting to crack down on businesses and individuals for violating state orders.

State and city officials took additional steps Friday to increase compliance with Gov. Phil Scott’s stay-home directive, announcing fines would be issued to individuals and businesses that flagrantly don’t follow the rules. 

The efforts are designed to improve compliance with social distancing practices, make sure only "essential" businesses are open and close off people in hot spots including the New York metro area from staying in Vermont lodging establishments.

Vermont police won’t be stopping motorists anytime soon to ask why they aren’t following stay-at-home orders. They’re not authorized to arrest anyone for operating a business deemed non-essential. But after “reasonable attempts” to get scofflaws to comply with the directives issued by the governor last month to suppress the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the state will assess penalties of up to $1,000 per day.

After an increasingly vocal chorus of calls for stronger enforcement, the state Attorney General’s Office on Friday released a directive aimed at state’s attorneys, sheriffs, and police regarding how they should handle people who aren’t complying with Scott’s directives to stay home and avoid contact with others. The order extends to April 15.

rest of the article...https://vtdigger.org/2020/04/03/state-outlines-penalties-for-covid-19-distancing-scofflaws/?is_wppwa=true&wpappninja_cache=friendly

• Like 1

The state identified 71 new coronavirus positive cases Saturday — the largest increase of any single day so far — and reported three new deaths in Vermont.

The new cases bring the total number of positive coronavirus tests in the state since the beginning of the outbreak to 461. Twenty people have died in Vermont from the virus.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:02 PM, ckf said:

Vermont is starting to crack down on businesses and individuals for violating state orders.

State and city officials took additional steps Friday to increase compliance with Gov. Phil Scott’s stay-home directive, announcing fines would be issued to individuals and businesses that flagrantly don’t follow the rules. 

The efforts are designed to improve compliance with social distancing practices, make sure only "essential" businesses are open and close off people in hot spots including the New York metro area from staying in Vermont lodging establishments.

Vermont police won’t be stopping motorists anytime soon to ask why they aren’t following stay-at-home orders. They’re not authorized to arrest anyone for operating a business deemed non-essential. But after “reasonable attempts” to get scofflaws to comply with the directives issued by the governor last month to suppress the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the state will assess penalties of up to $1,000 per day.

After an increasingly vocal chorus of calls for stronger enforcement, the state Attorney General’s Office on Friday released a directive aimed at state’s attorneys, sheriffs, and police regarding how they should handle people who aren’t complying with Scott’s directives to stay home and avoid contact with others. The order extends to April 15.

rest of the article...https://vtdigger.org/2020/04/03/state-outlines-penalties-for-covid-19-distancing-scofflaws/?is_wppwa=true&wpappninja_cache=friendly

I was at the RC shop yesterday. There were maybe 6 ppl there 

Driving range across the street had a dozen ppl

Four more people have died in New Hampshire from coronavirus, according to the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. The patients - one woman and three men - were all over 60 years-old. Two were residents of Hillsborough County, one was a resident of Rockingham County, and one was a resident of Cheshire County.

DHHS also announced 32 new positive test results for COVID-19, bringing the state's case total to 747. According to a

Iowa is increasing the positive test by about 10% per day but our hospitalizations and deaths are not.   Assume we are testing at a higher rate.   I've seen on the news that its in 3 nursing homes in Cedar Rapids (population 135k) which is not good.  

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Iowa is increasing the positive test by about 10% per day but our hospitalizations and deaths are not.   Assume we are testing at a higher rate.   I've seen on the news that its in 3 nursing homes in Cedar Rapids (population 135k) which is not good.  

Most of our deaths are in nursing homes.

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Most of our deaths are in nursing homes.

Over 40% of ours are.   Don't think that's even counting assisted living places. 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Our retard extended to May 5 but I hear it’s going to be extended again.  June seems to be the rumor.  

June seems likely at this point. 

I am already bored,   lol

On 4/9/2020 at 11:17 AM, Highmark said:

21 hours ago, Highmark said:

Over 40% of ours are.   Don't think that's even counting assisted living places. 

Same here in Ontario. One retirement home has lost 27 residents of its 65 so far. Also the spouse of a resident. It was in the home early on.

Its gotten in to several local homes here now.

Ontario's death tole is around 200 right now.

Local Stats.

31% of the confirmed positives are health care workers.

59% of confirmed positives are female.

Largest age group of confirmed positives is 50-59 at 25%

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Lets face is losing them in the nursing homes is a benefit to society.   lots of gov dollars going to subsidize those places.  

What a shitty thing to say.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Lets face is losing them in the nursing homes is a benefit to society.   lots of gov dollars going to subsidize those places.  

I talked with a friend who is 75. He referred to the pandemic as "a culling of the herd." Sad but true.