Check your account email address ×

Getting real now

It seems every hour something changes. Our jobs are getting shut down one after the other. I have multiple pre bid meetings and they are doing them in phases so there isnt more than 10 people together at one time. Every other email I get is from a client or vendor with Covid information and temporary procedure changes. Massive disinfection cleaning is going on everywhere. I swear every day is something new. 

Yup. Going to close the big three.  Next will be the dealers.  Already can’t get any parts. I don’t see us surviving this. No customers coming in , phone stopped ringing. 

We are going to be staying pretty close to the trailer park for the next couple of weeks. Some running around no doubt but not much other than visiting friends in smaller groups.  Of course the normal kayak ride, jeep ride, bike ride, buggy ride, etc.  

We also recognize this could last for a while and  we may get stranded down here if the airlines shut down. We are in a good place but definitely don't want to be here past about May 15th. 

Our home is mobile. There are cooler places to spend summer within an 8 hour drive. I don't see it coming to that but you never know. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup. Going to close the big three.  Next will be the dealers.  Already can’t get any parts. I don’t see us surviving this. No customers coming in , phone stopped ringing. 

What does your place do?

6 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

First should keep busy anyway - but people are laying low & not driving as much either it appears  :dunno:

Crazy how nobody is on roads around here.

No one wants to be with out their vehicle right now.  Uncertainty is the worst.  No one knows how long this will last, are they still going to have a job or pay check. If it will run or drive they will hold off. 

32 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We are going to be staying pretty close to the trailer park for the next couple of weeks. Some running around no doubt but not much other than visiting friends in smaller groups.  Of course the normal kayak ride, jeep ride, bike ride, buggy ride, etc.  

We also recognize this could last for a while and  we may get stranded down here if the airlines shut down. We are in a good place but definitely don't want to be here past about May 15th. 

Our home is mobile. There are cooler places to spend summer within an 8 hour drive. I don't see it coming to that but you never know. 

My lot up near Payson is available if you need it.

17 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

My lot up near Payson is available if you need it.

Haha. Thanks. Payson AZ isn't that far from here.  The weather there during summer is pretty nice. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Mountain west is always nice in the summer.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Mountain west is always nice in the summer.

I'd park that mother right in the middle of a corn field in Bumfuck Iowa and chill out for a spell.  Nobody gonna bother you there except a farmer spraying roundup right up next to the motor home. 

Roundup don't sound so bad now, does it? :news:

2 hours ago, Anler said:

It seems every hour something changes. Our jobs are getting shut down one after the other. I have multiple pre bid meetings and they are doing them in phases so there isnt more than 10 people together at one time. Every other email I get is from a client or vendor with Covid information and temporary procedure changes. Massive disinfection cleaning is going on everywhere. I swear every day is something new. 

Not for us, it's all steam ahead for projects in the pipe.  Was scheduled to be in AR at the end of this month but that has been pushed out.  Supposed to be in Monterrey, MX at the end of April but that's looking sketchy now as well.

35 minutes ago, hayward said:

I'd park that mother right in the middle of a corn field in Bumfuck Iowa and chill out for a spell.  Nobody gonna bother you there except a farmer spraying roundup right up next to the motor home. 

Roundup don't sound so bad now, does it? :news:

Yes, parking in Bumfuck,Iowa sounds really bad, you would get depressed and want to blow your brains out after a few days. The wife and I drove down to Iowa a while back to go watch our son play football, good lord it's like Little House on the Prairie. 

19 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not for us, it's all steam ahead for projects in the pipe.  Was scheduled to be in AR at the end of this month but that has been pushed out.  Supposed to be in Monterrey, MX at the end of April but that's looking sketchy now as well.

DERP ....ALL MY BILLIONS IN PROJEX ARE A GO DERP

EXCEPT I WUZ SUPPOSED TO BE PLACES DERPING JOBS AND NOW I CANT GO DERP

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

DERP ....ALL MY BILLIONS IN PROJEX ARE A GO DERP

EXCEPT I WUZ SUPPOSED TO BE PLACES DERPING JOBS AND NOW I CANT GO DERP

Bad news?

:dunno:

Edited by ArcticCrusher