Check your account email address ×

LASIK is some cool shit

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm thinking about getting it done. Hate the reading glasses. Get headaches from the bifocals. My buddy's wife works in the optometry department at the local university and said never to get it done, too many risks.

We have a really good place here in town and I've never heard a horror story that I can recall. 

It was so easy, 10 minutes tops with an hour of prep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'm thinking about getting it done. Hate the reading glasses. Get headaches from the bifocals. My buddy's wife works in the optometry department at the local university and said never to get it done, too many risks.

Not at all, get it done if you can.:bc:

Only horror stories I have heard are from the cheap places that are doing it for $1000-$1500 per eye. 

Mine was $2900 per eye, zero fucks given, you only get one pair of eyes. 

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Only horror stories I have heard are from the cheap places that are doing it for $1000-$1500 per eye. 

Mine was $2900 per eye, zero fucks given, you only get one pair of eyes. 

It would seem that considering a discount shop for eye surgery might be a bad idea.  Prolly best to cut back and haggle for services elsewhere.

Thats just my thinking though....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It would seem that considering a discount shop for eye surgery might be a bad idea.  Prolly best to cut back and haggle for services elsewhere.

Thats just my thinking though....

Absolutely but you know how some people are.......

• Haha 1

A little bit of blurriness going in and out but for the most part I can already read on the PC and watch TV fine. :bc:

The amount of eye dryness and itchiness has been minimal as well. 

59 minutes ago, SSFB said:

A little bit of blurriness going in and out but for the most part I can already read on the PC and watch TV fine. :bc:

The amount of eye dryness and itchiness has been minimal as well. 

My wife was told no electronic devices for 12 hours or something 

• 10 months later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/12/2020 at 1:08 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Doesn't it only work for one?

Yes, they can only fix nearsighted with Lasik.

I got a headache from wearing the cheater glasses so I  broke down and made an appointment. Got a lesson on what they can do and what they can't from the doc.

I am nearsighted and farsighted along with an astigmatism (I see double image at top and bottom of an object).

Lasik won't fix the issues. I need lens replacement. I thought I was going in just to get an assessment and plan for next winter. They have availability for Feb 10 for surgery. They say I won't drive for a week and that I should be in good condition after a month.

Price is $8300.

Anybody wish to comment?

I have to give them an answer on Monday so they can book the surgeon. He only operates on Wednesdays.

51 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I got a headache from wearing the cheater glasses so I  broke down and made an appointment. Got a lesson on what they can do and what they can't from the doc.

I am nearsighted and farsighted along with an astigmatism (I see double image at top and bottom of an object).

Lasik won't fix the issues. I need lens replacement. I thought I was going in just to get an assessment and plan for next winter. They have availability for Feb 10 for surgery. They say I won't drive for a week and that I should be in good condition after a month.

Price is $8300.

Anybody wish to comment?

I have to give them an answer on Monday so they can book the surgeon. He only operates on Wednesdays.

Cool aint it.....:suicide:                im the same way +2.75 in one eye +3.75 in the other. 

I had mine done by one of the best there is and it was $6k US. My prescription was -6.5 before. I still get dry eye sometimes, now 10 months later but it still beats contacts. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Price is $8300.

Anybody wish to comment?

My parents both have permaclear-type replacement lenses. Both in their 60s and see better than most 30 year olds I know. 

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Price is $8300.

Anybody wish to comment?

My sister in law got it done a few yrs ago and is back to wearing glasses again.

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Price is $8300.

Anybody wish to comment?

My wife had cataracts in both eyes so she was getting lens replacements in any case. Doc discussed upgraded lenses that the insurance wouldn't spring for that would help with the astigmatism she had, she wore the literal coke bottle glasses. Been close to 10 years now and she just uses dollar store readers for close up stuff, her distance is great. We've probably saved the $1500 upgrade cost 5 times over on glasses and special contact lenses. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Dave said:

My sister in law got it done a few yrs ago and is back to wearing glasses again.

I've talked to a couple people and they say to wait as long as you can before getting it done. Our eyes continue to change as we age. From what I've read, some people need to have some form of correction done after 12 years. If I can get 10 years without using glasses it would get me passed 65.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've talked to a couple people and they say to wait as long as you can before getting it done. Our eyes continue to change as we age. From what I've read, some people need to have some form of correction done after 12 years. If I can get 10 years without using glasses it would get me passed 65.

Ya I've looked into it before as well...but I don't really mind wearing glasses....I don't need glasses to read a book or computer or phone stuff...mostly to drive and watch TV.

My sil got hers done in her early 40s I believe....she's 55 now I think....she got her boobs done that same year too! Really big! :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It all depends on if your eyes are changing. My eyes changed every year or two for 20 years. If they stabilize then you are a good candidate for LASIK. 

14 hours ago, Dave said:

Ya I've looked into it before as well...but I don't really mind wearing glasses....I don't need glasses to read a book or computer or phone stuff...mostly to drive and watch TV.

My sil got hers done in her early 40s I believe....she's 55 now I think....she got her boobs done that same year too! Really big! :lol:

Pic?

• Haha 1