Check your account email address ×

I wonder

Anler

3 hours ago, Anler said:

How many people are trying to dump their 401k's today. @DriftBusta, how many phone calls have you taken so far? Serious question...

He hasn’t been around for a few days. Probably comes home from work and hits the box wine ,trying to forget all of the crazy phone calls from the day.

3 hours ago, Anler said:

How many people are trying to dump their 401k's today. @DriftBusta, how many phone calls have you taken so far? Serious question...

1 guy, who just rolled his money in late December.  He was back to even money, after being up almost 20 grand at one point.  I had a couple others we've had discussions with, no one ready to jump out of any windows.  We document risk tolerance and talk about volatility, long  term strategy, etc., and most people get that and unless you are on a glide path to retirement, we generally don't change strategy midstream.  Don't have the #s in front of me after today, but as of this morning the markets were still roughly 10% higher than they were a year ago, according to the webinar I was on.  And too many positive metrics in the economy remain, so this talk of correction and impending recession is not what I'm hearing and just speculation.  There is however a lot of panic and programmed selling going on right now from this virus bullshit, which is clobbering prices.  Serious answer.  Not that there is very much serious talk about the markets in here.  :bc: 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Anler said:

The smart money is diversified and plans are long term.  This will pass too and the ones buying soon will be better down the road.

Loser talk.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The smart money is diversified and plans are long term.  This will pass too and the ones buying soon will be better down the road.

Loser talk.

Yup. Big time loser talk 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If you are worried about it, you are in the wrong holdings.  

Holy fuck, how old are you?

He is already retired and the 180 bucks he saved during his entire lifetime is safe in a coffee can.  His 1000 per month shitty pension and SSI will get him through with ample money left over for but plugs and yoga pants.

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

1 guy, who just rolled his money in late December.  He was back to even money, after being up almost 20 grand at one point.  I had a couple others we've had discussions with, no one ready to jump out of any windows.  We document risk tolerance and talk about volatility, long  term strategy, etc., and most people get that and unless you are on a glide path to retirement, we generally don't change strategy midstream.  Don't have the #s in front of me after today, but as of this morning the markets were still roughly 10% higher than they were a year ago, according to the webinar I was on.  And too many positive metrics in the economy remain, so this talk of correction and impending recession is not what I'm hearing and just speculation.  There is however a lot of panic and programmed selling going on right now from this virus bullshit, which is clobbering prices.  Serious answer.  Not that there is very much serious talk about the markets in here.  :bc: 

There are factors besides the virus, I took some profits today. My guy at Merrill says stay, of course that's what all you guys say :bc:

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There are factors besides the virus, I took some profits today. My guy at Merrill says stay, of course that's what all you guys say :bc:

Your guy doesn't know shit about what could be coming, but that's just common sense.

:bc:

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yes a huge factor is Bernie