Check your account email address ×

Can't Get Oxygen Helmet Working

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just think there must at least 75% of Doolaid riders out there with the same.  Only thing is they swear it works great.

:lol:

Sorry.

I looked at them at the Spring Preview when they came out with them.  I laughed in the BRP reps face when he told me how much they were going to be. Yea no thanks I'll pass. Especially when it still has to have a cord attached to it. Fuck that :flush:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I looked at them at the Spring Preview when they came out with them.  I laughed in the BRP reps face when he told me how much they were going to be. Yea no thanks I'll pass. Especially when it still has to have a cord attached to it. Fuck that :flush:

thats what i would struggle with, i finally bought a BV2 to get away from a cord could not imagine going back to one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thats what i would struggle with, i finally bought a BV2 to get away from a cord could not imagine going back to one

I used mine once, mind you the connection was fucked up and it was acting weird but I don't like all of your breath staying in the helmet. One of the things I like most about my titan is your breath never gets in your goggles and fogs them. But... The oxygen is a very quiet and very warm helmet. Could be really good on those really cold days. Anything above zero I'll take the titan. 

Edited by Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I've had a cord attached to my helmet for almost 20 yr. Its not a problem for me....well.... until I get off the sled with it still connected.

I will never own a helmet without a heated shield. I just don''t see any not to.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I used mine once, mind you the connection was fucked up and it was acting weird but I don't like all of your breath staying in the helmet. One of the things I like most about my titan is your breath never gets in your goggles and fogs them. But... The oxygen is a very quiet and very warm helmet. Could be really good on those really cold days. Anything above zero I'll take the titan. 

We both noticed right away that the helmets are quiet. We were wearing Nolans and those were quieter than any of the HJC helmets I''d owned.

Next is to put in communicators. Looking at Uclear and Scala but the $650-750 price tag has me looking at the options closely. There are cheaper units but I don''t want hassle either. The Nolans communicators were pretty good. Need that or better

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's the way I see it. For that kind of money I don't want to deal with a cord. I can deal with a cord for $200

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've had a cord attached to my helmet for almost 20 yr. Its not a problem for me....well.... until I get off the sled with it still connected.

I will never own a helmet without a heated shield. I just don''t see any not to.

We both noticed right away that the helmets are quiet. We were wearing Nolans and those were quieter than any of the HJC helmets I''d owned.

Next is to put in communicators. Looking at Uclear and Scala but the $650-750 price tag has me looking at the options closely. There are cheaper units but I don''t want hassle either. The Nolans communicators were pretty good. Need that or better

Vince bought a communicator this year and he also uses an oxygen. I don't remember what brand it is but you could pm him about it. See what he thinks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't have a factory power port. I have the Cat adapter that plugs in to the wiring harness behind the muffler, above the right footwell.

This piece.

I run a fused line directly from the battery to the front of the sled, my accessory outlet is powered 24/4 as is the RCA for the Oxygen helmet and I have dual port USB that is powered 24/7, I really don't even use the Cat accessory outlet but it's there if I need it.

And I have easy to reach quick disconnects for the power going to the accessory outlet. 

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Well fuck you need to save that money to rebuild the e-tec, and let's not forget all the bracing that's needed for that beer can chassis.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I have Cardo Packtalk Bold, they work great on the street but the sno and woods just suck the distance right up, but it's good to have the tunes while riding.

I was mad at myself for waiting so long to get an E shield. Fussing with a No-Fog mask for 10+ yrs was just silly. The cord bothers me zero. Run it up my coat's magnetic zipper from the plug in on my bar riser is way easier, imo. I have only forgot to unplug it once or twice, and even then, that was no big deal.

11 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Not to mention it’s ugly and it’s not a modular.

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Yup. That’s why I’m leaning towards the Mission for my next helmet.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I just got the UClear Motion 6 this year. It works well so far...no issues. Let me know if you’ve got any questions about them. I had Colletts for the past 15ish years and there’s actually some things I miss about them. Oh well. The uclear is definitely less finicky and a lot smaller.

Edited by rump-rider

8 hours ago, irv said:

I was mad at myself for waiting so long to get an E shield. Fussing with a No-Fog mask for 10+ yrs was just silly. The cord bothers me zero. Run it up my coat's magnetic zipper from the plug in on my bar riser is way easier, imo. I have only forgot to unplug it once or twice, and even then, that was no big deal.

I went back to my old helmet because the cord was a PITA. Came unplugged about every 5 minutes.

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just think there must at least 75% of Doolaid riders out there with the same.  Only thing is they swear it works great.

:lol:

Sorry.

We've got 4 of them and one helmet came with a bum chord. They replaced the chord at no cost. 

I always used a full face helmet with a heated shield, couldn't see otherwise. Lately been using the open face style with goggles. It's lighter and easier on my neck with zero fogging issues. With the right goggles to seal off the opening and quality head sock it works great. Only compliant is the visor catching air at speed if you look up. Last trip out I tried those RX goggle inserts since I hate contacts. They ended up fogging up fairly quickly 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

I went back to my old helmet because the cord was a PITA. Came unplugged about every 5 minutes.

Not all are created equal it seems. When my son got into sledding 6 yrs ago I also purchased him a helmet with an E shield but unlike mine, his will also come undone at the connection on the side of his helmet. Being new and not knowing any better, that is where he decided to unplug it when stopped for some reason?

I told/showed him where to unplug it and taped the connection near his helmet and so far no more problems. I think it was a weak connection there to begin with and unplugging it numerous times just weakened it further. 

Mine, thankfully, fits/connects nice and snug and has never come apart once during trail riding. I'm unsure what new plugs are worth but if mine ever acts up, I will be purchasing another as I like it that much. Like I mentioned, the No-Fog, although it worked if it wasn't real cold, was a pain in the ass. Zero fogging/freezing issues since I purchased my E shield and much easier putting my helmet on with it. :bc:

12 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Yea no more cords for me 

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I had a heated shield for the longest time.  Hate dealing with the cords.

509 with 509 goggles and you wont ever use a full face helmet ever again. 

Check out the Sena20s.  Have them and they work great 

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

That's the way I see it. For that kind of money I don't want to deal with a cord. I can deal with a cord for $200

Bingo 

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well fuck you need to save that money to rebuild the e-tec, and let's not forget all the bracing that's needed for that beer can chassis.

Yea, it cost me a whole $53 and one trip to the dealer.   You've had your piece of shit flame thrower back to the dealer multiple times.   Nice try tho. 

2 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Not to mention it’s ugly and it’s not a modular.

Yup. That’s why I’m leaning towards the Mission for my next helmet.

I just got the UClear Motion 6 this year. It works well so far...no issues. Let me know if you’ve got any questions about them. I had Colletts for the past 15ish years and there’s actually some things I miss about them. Oh well. The uclear is definitely less finicky and a lot smaller.

Way to big too 

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

i have had a few ripped off by trees over the years and it always bothered me but i didn't think i could get used to the bv2 mask.  finally did it and for trail riding it was the best decision.  

Unless you’ve unless you’ve tried one and taken the time to dial in your opinion is meaningless. The cord magnetizes it self to the helmet and comes on or off very easily.  All the other features make it worth it, and I say that as someone who wore a BV2s for 10 years, and am on year 2 with the Oxygen.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1