Check your account email address ×

Republicans have become party Russia; this makes me sick.

Republicans have become party Russia; this makes me sick.

Last edited Thu Dec 26, 2019, 12:43 PM 
by Max Boot 

'Of all the changes that have occurred in our politics since the rise of Donald Trump, the most gut-wrenching for me personally is to see the Republican Party transformed into the Kremlin’s “useful idiots.” As a young refugee from the Soviet Union growing up in Southern California in the 1980s, I was attracted to the GOP because it was the party of moral clarity — the party willing to stand up to the “evil empire.” How far we have come — in the wrong direction. 

Today, we have a Republican president who, while reluctantly acceding to sanctions against Russia, incessantly praises its dictator, Vladimir Putin (“a terrific person”); tries to bring Putin back to the Group of Seven; conceals the details of their meetings; undermines Ukraine, a victim of Russian aggression, by harping on its corruption while ignoring Russia’s own kleptocracy; allows the Russians to take possession of U.S. bases in Syria; and propagates Russian propaganda blaming Ukraine for 2016 election interference. Trump is joined in spreading Russian disinformation by his secretary of state and other supporters, such as Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and Sen. John Neely Kennedy (R-La.), even though the U.S. intelligence community has exposed claims of Ukrainian election interference as a “fictional narrative.” . . 

While Republicans are primarily motivated by Trump toadyism, there is also an element of ideological affinity for Russia. While all Republicans were staunchly opposed to the “godless” Soviet regime, some of them admire Putin’s fascist regime, which combines crony capitalism with ultra-nationalism. Putin has marketed himself to credulous conservatives as a champion of Christianity, traditional values and the white race. As my Post colleague Christian Caryl noted, this propaganda has no basis in fact: To take but two examples, Russia has much stricter gun control laws than the United States and a much higher rate of abortion. But Republican Russophilia is so strong that a Russian agent had no difficulty in infiltrating the National Rifle Association. A high-level NRA delegation visited Moscow in 2015 and a group of Republican lawmakers visited Moscow on the Fourth of July 2018.'>>> 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/04/republicans-have-become-party-russia-this-makes-me-sick/?

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I swear if someone gave MC a piece of dog shit and told him was Democrat chocolate he'd eat it and think it was delicious.

He smokes those Swishers down like a big dog already.  Couldn't tell the difference in taste.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Kivalo I’m not a democrat. I told everyone vote for anyone but Trump. He proved to be a sham.

as for the resident Russian shill he can just fuck off.

You most certainly are a Democrat, a Democrat shill no less. You aren't fooling anyone. You will support and vote for anyone the DNC tells you too.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

You most certainly are a Democrat, a Democrat shill no less. You aren't fooling anyone. You will support and vote for anyone the DNC tells you too.

its gonna be  Biden / warren for 2020 ticket.    :flush:   too many signs are pointing toward this. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Jesus MC you've finally went full retard....never go full retard.    Trump has been 5x's harder on Russia than any previous President since Reagan.   Did you know the big Russian pipeline to Germany had to stop construction because of Trump sanctions?

Screenshot_20191226-151139_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s sick Trump has support for his collusion with communists here.

Your not Americans

You’ve been watching too much CNN dude. Back away slowly before you look even dumber, if that’s possible. :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s sick Trump has support for his collusion with communists here.

Your not Americans

Remind us what the dem's have done in recent years.....I mean except let Russia invade Crimea and supposedly "hack our election" and give it to Trump.  :lol:  

"I told Vlad to knock it off."  :lol:  

You would vote for Obama again in a second yet come on here spewing your shit about Russia.  GMAFB.  :lmao:

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1