Check your account email address ×

Meanwhile in Mexico.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Never been there but my folks were and liked it.   Have some family and friends that went to Turks and said it was the most amazing place they've ever been.  Especially the water.  One of the few places down there I'm interested in going.

grace-bay-caicos2-1140x528.jpg

It's nice. I went a long time ago and it was up and coming at the time. Not a whole lot there outside of the resort. It is a desert island. 

20 minutes ago, irv said:

My wife and I went to Cancun about 20 yrs ago and stayed at Moon Palace resort. It was beautiful and we were allowed to go to other Palace resorts as part of our deal. Getting off the plane and travelling by bus to our resort and seeing armed guards/infantry type soldiers carry machine guns was an eye opener for my wife and I as we had never seen anything like that before.

Our vacation went off without a hitch or problem but I highly doubt I'd go back again based on what I have heard and read. Cuba sounds decent but I highly doubt it would compare to what we experienced in Cancun? It was an awesome trip with tons to do if you wanted to. Not sure if Cuba is like that or not? 

Place I stayed at in curacao had a fence going into the ocean and a security guard with a guard dog at each end of the beach.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

On the bucket list.   Some rooms have their own infinity pool overlooking the bay.  

https://www.jademountain.com/

Looks like a beauty spot!

This is the resort my wife and I went to. Likely lots has changed over the last 20 yrs but if I knew things were as safe as when we went, I'd go again in a heartbeat. Tons of stuff to do right at the resort like parasailing, Jet Skiing, catamaran rides, etc.

https://www.transat.com/en-CA/hotels/moon-palace-cancun

1 minute ago, irv said:

This is the resort my wife and I went to. Likely lots has changed over the last 20 yrs but if I knew things were as safe as when we went, I'd go again in a heartbeat. Tons of stuff to do right at the resort like parasailing, Jet Skiing, catamaran rides, etc.

head south 75 minutes to Akumal. One of the nicest/most relaxing vacations I've had. Not all inclusive but a bunch of restaurants within walking distance down the beach.

Snorkel right out the front door and sea turtles everywhere. Rent a fishing boat for the day right there too. Quick drive to Tulum to see the ruins, etc, etc.

this is where we stayed: http://www.lascasitasakumal.com/

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Place I stayed at in curacao had a fence going into the ocean and a security guard with a guard dog at each end of the beach.

been to places in Jamaica like that

My big issue right now is finding a decent flight schedule,  not sure if this Boeing 737 issue is effecting normal routes because i've never had worst selection of flights to the Caribbean.  Used to be all available non stop,  right now i'm looking at a lot of 5+ hour layovers, NFW

Just now, Angry ginger said:

My big issue right now is finding a decent flight schedule,  not sure if this Boeing 737 issue is effecting normal routes because i've never had worst selection of flights to the Caribbean.  Used to be all available non stop,  right now i'm looking at a lot of 5+ hour layovers, NFW

Don't blame ya. Im good for about 3 hr max.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we had no issue in Negril. Went off resort a bunch of times and my kids were 3 and 8 at the time, no issues.

21 minutes ago, irv said:

Looks very nice.   Wife and I honeymooned at Peter Island in the BVI in 94.   Awesome place owned by the people who own Amway. (No I wasn't involved with that pyramid scheme in any way.)   Fly in to Tortola then boat over.   Only way in.   Sadly it was completely demolished by a hurricane a few years ago.   Not sure they are even open again yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I was in Cabo a month ago. It was top notch! :bc: 

i thought cabo was OK but been to far better places.  

27 minutes ago, frenchy said:

we had no issue in Negril. Went off resort a bunch of times and my kids were 3 and 8 at the time, no issues.

I would go back to Jamaica,  only time i ever felt things were off was outside the cruise terminal in Falmouth,  just too many hawkers on the streets there

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Looks very nice.   Wife and I honeymooned at Peter Island in the BVI in 94.   Awesome place owned by the people who own Amway. (No I wasn't involved with that pyramid scheme in any way.)   Fly in to Tortola then boat over.   Only way in.   Sadly it was completely demolished by a hurricane a few years ago.   Not sure they are even open again yet.

think the wife stopped there when they had their girls sailing trip last year.  One of the days they were there they helped out some rebuilding efforts on one of the islands.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I'd do Jamaica again in a heartbeat. Our resort had a jerk chicken stand right on the beach and served it 6 out of 7 days. I had it every day they served it :lol: 

The Jamaicans were super friendly too.

Farm stand and orchard next town over from me has all Jakes working there. On Saturdays they cook and sell it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I'd do Jamaica again in a heartbeat. Our resort had a jerk chicken stand right on the beach and served it 6 out of 7 days. I had it every day they served it :lol: 

The Jamaicans were super friendly too.

2 friends had a knife pulled on them while walking the beach with their wives one evening. The crook wanted their watch, jewelry and any money they had on them. The one guy, Kevin, spoke and said they didn't have anything so the crook took a swipe at him narrowly missing his gut. More people arrived on the scene also walking so the crook took off/

Police were called and a description was given and then next night, while all 4 were eating dinner, Kevin was called outside to identify the crook. Kevin said it was the wrong guy but he said by the looks of him, the police prematurely thought it was as they had already given him some street justice. I long forget what part of Jamaica they were in but it wasn't no 2-3 star resort. Neither has been back since.  

My buddy got married in Barbados in 96 IIRC...rented a badass house with a staff, giant yard, pool...fuck there were even monkeys in the trees. 🤣

Awesome island and we drove all over hell and never once felt threatened...super nice people. 

Just now, washedupmxer said:

So in summation all Americans are to blame because 12% of them like to use drugs :lol:

Brilliant! 

Posting here must cause retardation. Just look at bhem for example. 

Nobody said ALL Americans are to blame and after a post like this you shouldn’t be questioning anybody’s mental capacity. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nobody said ALL Americans are to blame and after a post like this you shouldn’t be questioning anybody’s mental capacity. 

I said America you all agreed

I'm sure we also teach these people human life isn't a thing to be considered or valued.

Think for yourself just once in a while. I know it's easier being dumb to just go along but fuck you should at least try 

17 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

So in summation all Americans are to blame because 12% of them like to use drugs :lol:

Brilliant! 

Posting here must cause retardation. Just look at bhem for example. 

no one said that but you.

18 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I said America you all agreed

I'm sure we also teach these people human life isn't a thing to be considered or valued.

Think for yourself just once in a while. I know it's easier being dumb to just go along but fuck you should at least try 

Again...you are dumb as a fucking stump so maybe pump the brakes on those comments. 

5 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Meh I said America y'all agreed so....

America as a nation is the largest consumer of illicit drugs in the world. 95% of all cocaine produced outside of America comes through Mexico. They are also the largest foreign supplier of weed and meth to the American market.

Literally only you could take that to mean ALL Americans are to blame.

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

America as a nation is the largest consumer of illicit drugs in the world. 95% of all cocaine produced outside of America comes through Mexico. They are also the largest foreign supplier of weed and meth to the American market.

Literally only you could take that to mean ALL Americans are to blame.

Drip is strutting around all proud thinking he outsmarted everybody here. 🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks