Check your account email address ×

Any of you bad ass snipers get a deer this morning?

Kivalo

Just now, Reevester said:

Yeah because they don't graze and dig in the fields in the winter. I know deer eat a ton of cedar for sure, hence why I have cedar stands for this time of year but they still eat in the fields all winter around here and it's why they taste better. 

Oh and come on i know where your from and the giant bucks that walk through town. :lol:

:bc:

Cause there's just all kinds of corn and beans this time of year  :lmao: :lol:. That's why yours taste better  :lmao: 

HSR....I dont think you understand what a swamp smells and tastes like.

There isnt any swamp near any area where deer are grazing corn and grain over winter wheat and alfalfa.

Places like Northern MN and some parts of the UP have areas where deer have never been out of swampy low lands. That diet impacts flavor

You really have no clue here.

Edited by f7ben

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Cause there's just all kinds of corn and beans this time of year  :lmao: :lol:. That's why yours taste better  :lmao: 

Nope the combines waste nothing every last grain is picked up. 

Fucking fordie level retarded. :lol:

16 hours ago, Cold War said:

Right, but still had to have a lot of damage for that kind of money.  Most adjusters would of washed it . 

The deer hit the front bumper square,then went up the hood and proceeded to take out the pillars and roof. Like I said before,he was in the gas hard and he thinks he was up to 85.

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There isnt any swamp near any area where deer are grazing corn and grain over winter wheat and alfalfa.

Places like Northern MN and some parts of the UP have areas where deer have never been out of swampy low lands. That diet impacts flavor

That might not be a bad thing.:lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Nope the combines waste nothing every last grain is picked up. 

Fucking fordie level retarded. :lol:

There ain't that much out there. The crows, squirrels , chipmunks, raccoons ect don't leave that much behind.  Sure the deer get some, but no where near as much as you think they do. 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The deer hit the front bumper square,then went up the hood and proceeded to take out the pillars and roof. Like I said before,he was in the gas hard and he thinks he was up to 85.

Surprised it did that if he was going that fast. Usually they just blow apart or go over the roof completely

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That might not be a bad thing.:lol:

Exactly....in this area swamps can get a bit nasty through certain times of the year and the diet that they afford deer most certainly creates a gamey flavor in the meat. Its not bad or inedible. Just pronounced. 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

There ain't that much out there. The crows, squirrels , chipmunks, raccoons ect don't leave that much behind.  Sure the deer get some, but no where near as much as you think they do. 

Surprised it did that if he was going that fast. Usually they just blow apart or go over the roof completely

I know exactly how much gets left I'm in the field almost daily this time of year. Tons of fields get left uncut around here too. And then there's winter wheat and cover crops. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

When we owned our farm,we rented out the corn fields for pasture just after harvest. You would be surprised how much hits the ground.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

When we owned our farm,we rented out the corn fields for pasture just after harvest. You would be surprised how much hits the ground.

One of my gun spots I hunt is right on a farmers corn field. Their ain't that much left behind. The deer get the scarps compared to what all the other animals I mentioned get 

27 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Yeah because they don't graze and dig in the fields in the winter. I know deer eat a ton of cedar for sure, hence why I have cedar stands for this time of year but they still eat in the fields all winter around here and it's why they taste better. 

Oh and come on i know where your from and the giant bucks that walk through town. :lol:

:bc:

Have you seen the facebook page??? We had more monsters in town about 5-6 years ago. Winters have been hard on them. Still a few nice ones around. I hunt around 80 miles from town,,but our deer herd is in its worst shape in 25 years.

15 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

I've got farm deer around the house & N Mi woods deer in the same year before. No different in taste. It's how good the shot was & how it's cared for - like Amg said.

Your deer probably come back from the UP on the hood of some hillbillies car in 60 degrees & sun...& had road grime & dirt in the carcass.

4C8C762E-F6A4-4AF7-A0C7-ECAC8C655778.gif

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So NW Ontario directly north on Mn has no swamps???The landscape must change at the border LMAO!!!!

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Have you seen the facebook page??? We had more monsters in town about 5-6 years ago. Winters have been hard on them. Still a few nice ones around. I hunt around 80 miles from town,,but our deer herd is in its worst shape in 25 years.

Np I've seen the shows on tv and the articles in the mags talking about it. And I see Jay Siemens on Instagram posting videos of the town deer in kenora. 

Just good genetics up that way and no where near the pressure we get here. Yotes have decimated our population and thing of decent size is totally nocturnal around here and you gotta hunt the ruts as hard as you can.

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Np I've seen the shows on tv and the articles in the mags talking about it. And I see Jay Siemens on Instagram posting videos of the town deer in kenora. 

Just good genetics up that way and no where near the pressure we get here. Yotes have decimated our population and thing of decent size is totally nocturnal around here and you gotta hunt the ruts as hard as you can.

I’m 4 hours from Kenora, zero farm land here. Same situation with wolves here . Here’s a buck 1 of my hunting buddies took Saturday with his bow. This guy is one of the top hunters in our area.other pic is of our biggest town buck my son took in his phone across from where he works

53DAD494-F367-4A76-B498-5562804B72FA.png

DCE1B1CE-50DB-40BA-9C45-5F42C757C1D0.png

5FF3CB39-9CE5-4029-B8A8-30A4C6A72E06.png

Just now, Reevester said:

So, deer populations from different regions have different genetics?  hmmm....interesting.  They prolly don't have a racial issue they are trying to solve by just simply throwing science away.  

Related image

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Holy hell!

F6EB897D-32E4-44C7-8ACB-A957F6C2B29D.jpeg.61998fc8a0af1145febbd2b3162bc02e.jpeg

It was great up there 5-6 years ago too but their herd is in rough shape comparatively now too. It's sad. The MNR felt the need to hand out surplus doe tags to reduce the population and it did,but mother nature was already gearing up to take care of it naturally and a wolf population peaking all created a perfect storm that decimated herds across NW Ontario. Still some monsters taken every year but not nearly in the numbers of past.

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

I’m 4 hours from Kenora, zero farm land here. Same situation with wolves here . Here’s a buck 1 of my hunting buddies took Saturday with his bow. This guy is one of the top hunters in our area.other pic is of our biggest town buck my son took in his phone across from where he works

53DAD494-F367-4A76-B498-5562804B72FA.png

DCE1B1CE-50DB-40BA-9C45-5F42C757C1D0.png

5FF3CB39-9CE5-4029-B8A8-30A4C6A72E06.png

Fuck the mass on that one typical is amazing. 

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Fuck the mass on that one typical is amazing. 

His name in town is VBT because you will typically see him across the road from Voyageur Bait and Tackle. He's has been that size 3 years running. Not getting much bigger,,,just adds mass each year 

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So, deer populations from different regions have different genetics?  hmmm....interesting.  They prolly don't have a racial issue they are trying to solve by just simply throwing science away.  

Related image

Not population bigdums, the size.