Check your account email address ×

Any of you bad ass snipers get a deer this morning?

Kivalo

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

it's everything mentioned in here  - age of the deer, how it was killed and dressed, etc, and diet.

Adrenalin factor like Amg said is big is well. For example ...Reeves shooting a leg off a fawn & then chasing it for two miles before finally blowing it full of holes ...

• Haha 1

Just now, ford_428cj said:

Adrenalin factor like Amg said is big is well. For example ...Reeves shooting a leg off a fawn & then chasing it for two miles before finally blowing it full of holes ...

yeah, that's why I said etc....everything mentioned contributes to it, including diet....

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Killed more maybe - but i pass on most deer. You obviously don't know what you're doing either ... :read:

They are eating the buds off the branches. Now run along little fella while the men are talking ...

They eat leaves and buds for sure, but not sticks/twigs/branches. I see them in my yard eating right from the trees, but the branches are un touched. They really like the pear buds and leaves 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Killed more maybe - but i pass on most deer. You obviously don't know what you're doing either ... :read:

They are eating the buds off the branches. Now run along little fella while the men are talking ...

So I other words you are asleep in your stand...hope you’re harnessed in. Better yet hunt out of a ground blind. 

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

Ford:

All duh ditch donkeys I blast from my pick em’ up while shinin’ all taste duh same. Derp derp derp

:lol: 

Just the mineral content in the local water supply can change things. 

Rut factor comes into play as well for taste...

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Just rough estimate but I’ve harvested just over 20 moose and over 40 deer in 33 years ago of big game hunting. I’ve eaten deer from all across Canada. I’ve eaten gamey deer harvested in farm country and I’ve eaten deer with zero game taste from farm area, same applies to deer hunted in timber areas. It has more to do with how it’s treated and processed.corn and other farm food is a very small percentage of any deers yearly staples

Deer in farm country arent eating stinky fucking swamp grass you stupid fuck

Kill yourself stat....you're too dumb to be allowed to live

Just now, f7ben said:

God damn you citiots are just dumb

I may live in the "city" but I know a hell of a lot more about the outdoors and survival than you ever will, eagle beak.   Guarentee I've killed way more white tail than you ever will also 

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I may live in the "city" but I know a hell of a lot more about the outdoors and survival than you ever will, eagle beak.   Guarentee I've killed way more white tail than you ever will also 

but the only pics you ever post are kills your 'buddies' have made. Weird.

Just now, frenchy said:

but the only pics you ever post are kills your 'buddies' have made. Weird.

I've posted plenty of pics before 

Yet here you are talking about a subject you have never participated in and clearly have ZERO clue about. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Deer in farm country arent eating stinky fucking swamp grass you stupid fuck

Kill yourself stat....you're too dumb to be allowed to live

When there is no corn they are Ben, grow up ffs . You have to be the most immature kid I have ever seen in the net. Copycatting Frankie is about all you have. Sorta sad 

14 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Yeah tons of buds and leaves on the trees from now till April. Run along cletus. I've shot deer with the bow that run for sure, still taste better then a deer dead in tracks from my camp. 

I'll post a pic later of my freezer and you and Amg can do the same, you both dont have shit. 

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

Just rough estimate but I’ve harvested just over 20 moose and over 40 deer in 33 years ago of big game hunting. I’ve eaten deer from all across Canada. I’ve eaten gamey deer harvested in farm country and I’ve eaten deer with zero game taste from farm area, same applies to deer hunted in timber areas. It has more to do with how it’s treated and processed.corn and other farm food is a very small percentage of any deers yearly staples

I'll agree on the processing and adrenaline in the meat but I still stand by southern deer taste better then northern deer here. Basically every person I know and hunt with is in the same boat. 

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Yeah tons of buds and leaves on the trees from now till April. Run along cletus. I've shot deer with the bow that run for sure, still taste better then a deer dead in tracks from my camp. 

I'll post a pic later of my freezer and you and Amg can do the same, you both dont have shit. 

Hey Richie! Yeah Jay here. Long story, but can I come over and take a pic of your deep freeze?

Edited by frenchy
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Sure because it's all gone and I haven't been out yet this year and probably won't 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

Hey Richie! Yeah Jay here. Long story, but can I come over and take a pic of your deep freeze?

Weak, like your tiny little arms 

4 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Can I share a pic, maybe Ben will too??

Corn to deer is just a treat, like dessert. It will only be about 20% of any deers diet as it doesn’t have the nutrients a deer needs and they know this. So the other 80% is the same as any other deer. Heck a fawn born won’t see any corn until it’s fist fall. Until then it’s eats what every other deer eats

7749FC72-B295-4F81-9C30-9DA3AEAE91AD.jpeg

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Sure because it's all gone and I haven't been out yet this year and probably won't 

Weak, like your tiny little arms 

Mines still loaded and I haven't shot anything this season yet either. Sorry you gotta hunt with a party and get 1 roast and 2 packs of burger. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Can I share a pic, maybe Ben will too??

Corn to deer is just a treat, like dessert. It will only be about 20% of any deers diet as it doesn’t have the nutrients a deer needs and they know this. So the other 80% is the same as any other deer. Heck a fawn born won’t see any corn until it’s fist fall. Until then it’s eats what every other deer eats

7749FC72-B295-4F81-9C30-9DA3AEAE91AD.jpeg

Yeah because they don't graze and dig in the fields in the winter. I know deer eat a ton of cedar for sure, hence why I have cedar stands for this time of year but they still eat in the fields all winter around here and it's why they taste better. 

Oh and come on i know where your from and the giant bucks that walk through town. :lol:

:bc: