Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

45 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Justin Trudeau loves UN and strives to be a big part of it.

Donald Trump calls it a club where people get together, talk and have a good time!

who is going to be the better influence on their country as a leader?

Rumour has it Hillary might be running for Secretary General.   If that doesn't finish off the UN I don't know what would. 

11 hours ago, Sksman said:

Justin Trudeau loves UN and strives to be a big part of it.

Donald Trump calls it a club where people get together, talk and have a good time!

who is going to be the better influence on their country as a leader?

I saw Trump's comments on a news ticker the other day. I thought that there's another person that's not blind to the realities. If JT saw this, I wonder if he cried? Does his handlers keep him from seeing bad news?

11 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He needs to go on shark tank where he would really be laughed at. 

I don't watch it or Dragon's Den, but from what I've seen of the shows, even the people w/ the worst ideas have a better stage presence than the Shiny Pony. I can't imagine he was a drama teacher (must've been a very short time). Then again if he couldn't act, no wonder he went into teaching. He's definitely no Burt Lancaster or Richard Burton.

Someone needs to send him here:

http://www.toastmasters.org/

To get rid of the effing ums & ahh ahh ahhs. He makes Ben Stein (of Ferris Beuller) sound like a sparkling conversationalist.

22 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I don't watch it or Dragon's Den, but from what I've seen of the shows, even the people w/ the worst ideas have a better stage presence than the Shiny Pony. I can't imagine he was a drama teacher (must've been a very short time). Then again if he couldn't act, no wonder he went into teaching. He's definitely no Burt Lancaster or Richard Burton.

Someone needs to send him here:

http://www.toastmasters.org/

To get rid of the effing ums & ahh ahh ahhs. He makes Ben Stein (of Ferris Beuller) sound like a sparkling conversationalist.

I am sure the sharks are not interested on how to make your business gender neutral,  not even by the women .   he would be laughed off the stage.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am sure the sharks are not interested on how to make your business gender neutral,  not even by the women .   he would be laughed off the stage.

Or green initiatives and green infastructure.

Its all cash in the bank or bust.

Does anyone else get angry every time they hear the great Liberal sloagan of investing in social infrastructure?

• Like 1

Spending money on programs that the corporate world would call, "non-value added work".

Guys like Fail' can't figure out that when the public sector is larger than the private sector, we're fucked.

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Spending money on programs that the corporate world would call, "non-value added work".

Guys like Fail' can't figure out that when the public sector is larger than the private sector, we're fucked.

Fail likes Cuba since everything is free. 

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/canadians-feel-canadas-reputation-has-improved-on-the-world-stage-under-trudeau-poll-finds

Did they survey CBC viewers?

Then this:

The same survey showed an increased number of respondents see federal-provincial relations improving under the Liberals compared with the previous Conservative government.

They obviously weren't paying attention when Trudeau gave the provinces an ultimatum on climate change or Morneau not impressing the provinces on health care funding. 

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/canadians-feel-canadas-reputation-has-improved-on-the-world-stage-under-trudeau-poll-finds

Then this:

They obviously weren't paying attention when Trudeau gave the provinces an ultimatum on climate change or Morneau not impressing the provinces on health care funding. 

What a joke.   How come I never get calls like these,  maybe cause I wouldn't waste my time with a dumb survey. 

Personally I don't think our reputation has changed 1 bit over the years regardless who is @ the helm. It's not like we invaded some country while Harper was PM.

For most people (other than the hangers on @ the UN & Bono) around the world, Canada isn't even a blip on their radar.

41 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Then this:

Don't go near the sacred cow CBC. They are putting forward a plan to eliminate advertising sponsors and become totally reliant on government money

20 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Personally I don't think our reputation has changed 1 bit over the years regardless who is @ the helm. It's not like we invaded some country while Harper was PM.

For most people (other than the hangers on @ the UN & Bono) around the world, Canada isn't even a blip on their radar.

Our reputation hasn't changed one bit as we are liked wherever we go.   I can't even begin to wonder how one can even gauge this.  Pure bs.

44 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Our reputation hasn't changed one bit as we are liked wherever we go.   I can't even begin to wonder how one can even gauge this.  Pure bs.

I doubt it matters to the Dutch who our PM is. They'll always be thankful for our troops liberating them from the Germans.

Wow......

Justin Trudeau likens Boeing Super Hornets to George Lucas’ fictional “X-Wing Fighter”

586698234eabc_TrudeauComparison.thumb.jpg

AP Newswire-

In a statement given to Ottawa press, when again asked how the Liberal government could justify the purchase of Boeing Super Hornets to replace Canada’s aging fleet of CF-18 Hornets , failing any open competition, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau replied “Call it coincidence or whatever,.....  the Boeing Super Hornet even looks like an X-Wing Fighter.  And let’s not forget...... they were victorious in every installment of the series.”  By “series”, the Prime Minister is referring to the Star Wars saga of Hollywood movies, created by George Lucas. 

There is one problem with this statement (actually, there are several), lest I point out the obvious....... X-Wing Fighters are fictional aircraft.  No more fictional than the “capability gap” that Canada’s armed forces top commanders have repeatedly labelled as non-existent. 

When pressed on the matter, the federal Minister of Defence, Harjit Saijan stated “I will not comment on the PM’s comments, in reference to similarities with real or fictional aircraft.  I can however assure all Canadians that the Canadian Air Force’s fighter aircraft capability gap is a real one, and we have acted swiftly by procuring these next generation aircraft from Boeing.  They are the finest aircraft available to Canadian Forces in their category, and are not some distant “paper airplane”.  Contrary to many accounts, these fighters do employ stealth technologies that will keep our pilots and Canada safe, for decades to come.”

I can’t be the only one scratching my head over this.  Is our Prime Minister receiving royalties from Lucasfilm for the name-drop?  One cannot fathom any other reasonable explanation for this comparison. 

Is our fighter aircraft procurement strategy, based upon which movie aircraft best looks like it could fit the bill?  Our armed forces, and all Canadians, deserve better than this.  There needs to be, as before, an open competition to all NATO fighter aircraft manufacturers, to procure the best aircraft for Canada’s needs. 

Unless Mr. Trudeau plans to defend Canada’s Arctic Sovereignty claims with Jedi Knights at the aircrafts’ controls. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Canadian universities are saying that they are seeing a surge in applications from the US since the election of Trump. These snowflakes will find Canada perfect for their easily offended "sensibilities" since our PM isn't much better than a Care Bear or Teletubby.

The Bible and RUSH say the meek shall inherit the earth. I think in light of developments of the past year, the morons will be running the next generation.

Has anyone read or heard of any American celebrity actually applying to emigrate to Canada? I know the media had a field day before the election telling us that all these people we're going to leave the US if Trump got elected. I myself haven't heard a word about this since. Maybe the Rockettes can move to Canada too since some of them don't want to perform at Trump's election.

Boy it's going to be a hard 4 years for these people.

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Canadian universities are saying that they are seeing a surge in applications from the US since the election of Trump. These snowflakes will find Canada perfect for their easily offended "sensibilities" since our PM isn't much better than a Care Bear or Teletubby.

The Bible and RUSH say the meek shall inherit the earth. I think in light of developments of the past year, the morons will be running the next generation.

Has anyone read or heard of any American celebrity actually applying to emigrate to Canada? I know the media had a field day before the election telling us that all these people we're going to leave the US if Trump got elected. I myself haven't heard a word about this since. Maybe the Rockettes can move to Canada too since some of them don't want to perform at Trump's election.

Boy it's going to be a hard 4 years for these people.

Truedope will meet them at the airport with a winter coat and a hug. Did anybody bother to waste an hour Wednesday night watching the CTV interview with Truedope. They sat down in a hole in the wall restaurant in Montreal apparently.

15 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Truedope will meet them at the airport with a winter coat and a hug. Did anybody bother to waste an hour Wednesday night watching the CTV interview with Truedope. They sat down in a hole in the wall restaurant in Montreal apparently.

Ah...............no. 

That would be an hour of your life you'd never get back. I doubt he'd have anything of substance to say. Just a lot of airy fairy nonsense about how Canada is a better place now, we can grow the economy from our hearts & their spending is an investment in Canada's future. 

Not to mention the social engineering that seems to be a cornerstone of any Liberal gov't. Was anyone here a resident/visitor to Brampton/Bramalea before it became Bramladesh? I'm surprised they still have a lacrosse team there, seeing as they couldn't support an OHL team. Mind you I bet indoor cricket would go over well @ the Hershey Centre & the Powerade Centre.

I used to travel Bramalea / Brampton well before it became Bramladesh. There was an old deserted farm on Professors Lake that was the local place to go parking. My girlfriend had a horse just north of Hwy 7 and Bramalea Mall. A friend bought a new house on the edge of Professors Lake. It went up for sale when he came home to find a bunch of people in turbans having a picnic in his yard. They had rented a boat at the community centre and thought his yard would be a good place to spend the day. They didn't understand it was private property 

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

It went up for sale when he came home to find a bunch of people in turbans having a picnic in his yard. They had rented a boat at the community centre and thought his yard would be a good place to spend the day. They didn't understand it was private property 

They're having the same problem up near Dwight (Oxtongue Lake I think). People traipsing all over people's cottage lots. The media freaked out when "No Trespassing" signs in Chinese went up & the township closed a road. "It's racist!" The local township said that when that's who was trespassing it only makes sense.

There is a losing battle being fought on Kasshabog Lake on a piece of crown land. The New Canadians camp for weeks on end every summer. No shiitters ,just a hole in the ground if they are energetic. Groups of 50 or more most week ends. Township has no power to remove them. Ministry is toothless. 

7 minutes ago, Pt3189 said:

There is a losing battle being fought on Kasshabog Lake on a piece of crown land. The New Canadians camp for weeks on end every summer. No shiitters ,just a hole in the ground if they are energetic. Groups of 50 or more most week ends. Township has no power to remove them. Ministry is toothless. 

I thought I read somewhere you actually need a permit to camp on crown land. A cottage association or the township could always buy it from the crown and make it a private land trust