Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

30 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Yes that is a really pressing matter that the vast majority of people felt was necessary.

Deflection in a big way. "Oh PM Trudeau did this" Whoop de fucking do!

I hope the people that were clamouring for a woman on our currency can sleep better tonight.

Reminds me of this:

http://www.macleans.ca/general/first-women-inducted-into-the-hockey-hall-of-fame/

I'm pretty sure there was a collective "Who is Angela James?" across Canada followed by, "Why wasn't Hayley Wickenheiser named?" when the nominees were announced.

the whole Bill thing is only pressing because of fake outrage on social media - why does this seem to bother you so much?  Harper changed our entire currency without a peep from here.  I did see on social media "save the penny" :lol: 

Every so many years the back side of the notes have been changed. In the past the 5s have had a fishing boat, kingfisher & kids playing hockey on the reverse in the past. 

Wasn't there "outrage" because of the appearance of 1 of the scientists looked/didn't look Asian? 

It bothers me because so much "advancement" of this country seems to focus on non-issues. I could care less if the notes have George VI on them as long as they're legal tender. But to make a big deal that somehow we're better today because of this? SMH 

The media keeps feeding this line of BS that Canada needs change & JT is the person to do it. Well that's doubtful. Putting MORONS in important positions (just because it's 2015) is a recipe for disaster. 

Talking to a long time friend of the family @ the local garage the other day. Somehow the topic of Monsef came up. Well he said his step-daughter went to high school w/ Monsef. He didn't say much but said she wasn't impressed.

What's between your legs or where you're from doesn't mean you're qualified.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Like I said O2sled she didn't do what was needed when it was needed, sometime you have to pay for stuff and if you don't do it at the right time it will end up costing more.  They brag about being 700k strong yet spend like they weren't. 

Topic was about the new face on the 10 dollar bill, you said Hazel for some reason. 

I care about this new bill as much as I cared about the loss of the penny

Why are you bring up Toronoto?

Wrong as usual Fail. My response was to naming famous Canadian women. Hazel is far more renowned than the obscure one from Nova Scotia whose name nobody knows and is already forgotten again.

22 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Wrong as usual Fail. My response was to naming famous Canadian women. Hazel is far more renowned than the obscure one from Nova Scotia whose name nobody knows and is already forgotten again.

so Hazel is your top Women pick in Canadian History? 

Cool-Story-Bro-.jpg

26 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so Hazel is your top Women pick in Canadian History? 

Cool-Story-Bro-.jpg

You really need to learn to comprehend what you read. There was a comment made about naming famous Canadian women. I jokingly mentioned Celine Dione and shania twine but seriously mentioned Hazel and Roberta Bondar as famous. Are you going to try and suggest Hazel isn't famous? Probably one of the best known Canadian women outside of the entertainment industry 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/world/americas/nobel-peace-prize-juan-manuel-santos-colombia.html?_r=0

I guess there's always next year. LOL

He's a shoe in for it next year as Joe Biden says that PM Trudeau and Canada have to take the lead as the world descends into darkness 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/12/08/bidens-visit-to-ottawa-under-a-shroud-of-secrecy-speculation.html

As if the world leaders are going to listen what a Canadian PM has to say.

Edited by revrnd

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/world/americas/nobel-peace-prize-juan-manuel-santos-colombia.html?_r=0

He's a shoe in for it next year as Joe Biden says that PM Trudeau and Canada have to take the lead as the world descends into darkness 

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/12/08/bidens-visit-to-ottawa-under-a-shroud-of-secrecy-speculation.html

Here we have a US VP praising Canada and our PM and you see bad :nuts: 

Canada leads on efforts to mobilize UN on Syria

October 19, 2016 - Ottawa, Ontario - Global Affairs Canada

The Honourable Stéphane Dion, Minister of Foreign Affairs, made the following statement announcing he will be participating in a plenary meeting on Syria initiated by Canada at the United Nations (UN) General Assembly on October 20:

“Canada is marshaling the international community at the UN to stand up for vulnerable Syrians. We are deeply concerned that the UN Security Council has been unable to address the overwhelming humanitarian needs of Syrians, and to halt the attacks against civilians in Aleppo and other parts of Syria. The victims of this tragedy deserve action, starting with a monitored and enforceable cessation of hostilities; immediate, full and unhindered humanitarian access; and the resumption of political talks.

“Recognizing this intractable nature of this crisis within the UNSC, Canada took the lead and is now joined by ‎70 other countries in responding to the need to take action. This plenary meeting will mobilize the Member States to press for a solution to the conflict in Syria and to address humanitarian needs. It is important for Member States gathered in the General Assembly to exert pressure on the parties, to broaden the chorus of condemnation and to put an end to the tragedy afflicting Syrians.”

Quick facts

• On October 11, 2016, Canada’s efforts were supported by 70 members who co-sponsored a letter to the President of the United Nations General Assembly calling on the international community, through the UN, to fulfill its responsibility to protect Syrians from mass atrocities and senseless violence.
  • At the plenary meeting, the United Nations Secretary General, the United Nations Special Envoy for Syria Staffan De Mistura, and representatives of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and of Canada will address members.
  • On February 8, 2016, the Government of Canada announced that it will spend $1.6 billion over the next three years in a comprehensive and integrated regional response to the crises in Syria and Iraq, with a focus on security, stabilization, humanitarian and development assistance, and enhanced diplomatic engagement.

Historically we have lead many times and here we have another go at it,  you can join it or sit back its your choice

Canada and Russia traded barbs at the United Nations on Thursday as Foreign Affairs Minister Stéphane Dion led calls for an end to the bloody conflict in Syria.

The exchange came during a special session of the UN General Assembly, organized by Canada and supported by more than 70 countries, in which Canada hoped to ratchet up pressure on Russia and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to end the five-year-old war

apparently 70 country leaders are behind Canada's lead :dunno: - come a long way in just one year I would say

Edited by 1trailmaker

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

The only ones that MAY pay attention are the likes of Hillary wondering how the guy with the nice hair managed to get elected and they didn't.

Edited by 02sled

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Here we have a US VP praising Canada and our PM and you see bad :nuts: 

Canada leads on efforts to mobilize UN on Syria

:lol:Yeah... right. He is a US VP (OUTGOING) who got their parties proverbial ass kicked by the voters. Meanwhile hold up the United Nations as grabbing the gold ring but there are countless assessments that the United Nations has outlived it's usefulness.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=united+nations+outlived+its+usefulness

Edited by 02sled

Just now, 02sled said:

:lol:Yeah... right. He is a US VP (OUTGOING) who got their parties proverbial ass kicked by the voters.

So its a bad thing and you have chosen to sit back and just Hate, 

How you see this as a bad thing is beyond reason - I hope the killing of civilians stops, how about you?

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

How you see this as a bad thing is beyond reason - I hope the killing of civilians stops, how about you?

Sure, but the UN hasn't been relevant the last 50 years and won't be cause JT thinks it is.

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Hallelujah, hallelujah.... Truedope has made in roads with an irrelevant useless organization that is past it's sell by date... the United Nations. Maybe they will give him a plaque he can put on his wall.

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you keep saying :nuts: any effort to stop the killing of children and other innocent people is a loss 

To stop the killing of people requires increased intervention not cutting back like Truedope wants.... being advisers and trainers will just accomplish sooooo much to solve the problem.

Maybe Truedope thinks he can fly over and give them all a hug and that will be the solution. Wasn't it Jack Layton who had similar thoughts and wanted to negotiate with the Taliban.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Hallelujah, hallelujah.... Truedope has made in roads with an irrelevant useless organization that is past it's sell by date... the United Nations. Maybe they will give him a plaque he can put on his wall.

so your choice is to sit back and hate?  The statement was " who would listen to Canada"  apparently 70 countries minus 02sled Arctic Crush Rvernd who continue to bash peace efforts

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so you keep saying :nuts: any effort to stop the killing of children and other innocent people is a loss 

The UN appears to be doing a great job over the past 50 years.  Perhaps JT will change all that.  Start taking selfies with terrorists.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

To stop the killing of people requires increased intervention not cutting back like Truedope wants.... being advisers and trainers will just accomplish sooooo much to solve the problem.

Maybe Truedope thinks he can fly over and give them all a hug and that will be the solution. Wasn't it Jack Layton who had similar thoughts and wanted to negotiate with the Taliban.

Yes the intervention in Iraq has done well since 2001 so lets keep it up.  What dictator should be installed this time :dunno:

28 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yes the intervention in Iraq has done well since 2001 so lets keep it up.  What dictator should be installed this time :dunno:

Quick change artist Fail at it again... one second he's all about Syria and then in the next he deflects to Iraq...... do I hear Afghanistan coming..... oh sorry... that's off limits for Truedope. Too close to home a subject with the liar Monsef still in the country while anyone else would have been stripped of citizenship and deported. But then again Foster Brooks is responsible for that.

36 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Quick change artist Fail at it again... one second he's all about Syria and then in the next he deflects to Iraq...... do I hear Afghanistan coming..... oh sorry... that's off limits for Truedope. Too close to home a subject with the liar Monsef still in the country while anyone else would have been stripped of citizenship and deported. But then again Foster Brooks is responsible for that.

Yes Taliban live on and gaining ground again.   Point made

Iraq worst condition in 5 decades. Point made

Syria increasing war should help the matter.   Point made by 02sled

Trudeau bad for leading nations towards end of conflict. Point made by FSOntario

yup I get it 02sled

34 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yes Taliban live on and gaining ground again.   Point made

Iraq worst condition in 5 decades. Point made

Syria increasing war should help the matter.   Point made by 02sled

Trudeau bad for leading nations towards end of conflict. Point made by FSOntario

yup I get it 02sled

WRONG AGAIN FAIL... You don't get it and never will. There isn't much that you actually do get. Sure the end of conflict in the middle east would be wonderful... but you sure won't achieve it with Truedopesque  hugs and smiles.

Edited by 02sled