Check your account email address ×

How dumb would you have to be to refer to a chuck eye steak as a roast???

f7ben

2 hours ago, Anler said:

We are going to cook a rib roast on new years. Maybe I should get a chuck "eye" roast instead. Nah that would just be pot roast... 

Rib roast can contain chuck eye.   Prime rib roast no, but standing rib roast often start way back in the chuck...

:news:

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Rib roast can contain chuck eye.   Prime rib roast no, but standing rib roast often start way back in the chuck...

:news:

Neal

Ok let me clarify then, we are making prime rib. Okay? 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Rib roast is prime rib. :thumbsup: We do this every new years with king crab legs from Alaska. If you go to Costco on New Years eve (get there early) they have a seafood dude there with a truck load of king crab legs, jumbo shrimps, scallops and a bunch of different fish laying out on the ice. been doing this about the last 12 years. Its good stuff. 

No, all prime rib roasts are rib roasts, but not all rib roasts are prime rib roasts.

Most all standing rib roasts start way back in the first couple ribs, the chuck.

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

No, all prime rib roasts are rib roasts, but not all rib roasts are prime rib roasts.

Most all standing rib roasts start way back in the first couple ribs, the chuck.

Neal

so, to clarify, the better ones don't have that chuck shit anywhere near them

Shut 'er down OT

Just now, frenchy said:

crab legs maybe, scallops and other fresh fish? nope.

Well most fish sold here is flash frozen due to our geographic location. Unless you get fresh flown in which is typically in restaurants and $$$. I dont eat scallops or shrimp so I am only buying the alaskan king crab legs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

Midwest Costco seafood :lol: 

Do you have any idea how many cargo planes and passenger planes fly into Chicago every fucking day? Plenty of fresh sea food in and around Chicago, just cost a few bucks.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sam's down here has a good spread of seafood and meat.  Actually, probably the best Sam's I've ever seen for this stuff.  I was just there yesterday and their seafood spread was impressive. 

Still, I miss Costco.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I buy meat from two places.  Mu butcher (preferred) and Sams.  And I'm not at all ashamed to say it.  Their meat selection is impressive and fresh.  Like I said, best Sams I've ever seen for it.

We have both great Sam's and Costco here. Also have a lot of awesome meat markets.  I've bought Ribeyes from Costco before that we're fantastic.  And the King crab legs and fish great as well.

Never got a prime rib from either before. I get them from local butcher it Kroger.  Whoever has the best deals. I'm curious to see/hear how yours turns out Bhent 

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m going to send Bhen some Chinese carp from the Illinois River for Christmas. It tastes better than blue fin tuna,and much cheaper.:lol:

So you're saying this is Bhent if he took his family to Europe on vacation? :dunno:

:lmao:

20 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

We have both great Sam's and Costco here. Also have a lot of awesome meat markets.  I've bought Ribeyes from Costco before that we're fantastic.  And the King crab legs and fish great as well.

Never got a prime rib from either before. I get them from local butcher it Kroger.  Whoever has the best deals. I'm curious to see/hear how yours turns out Bhent 

The Costco here has good beef. We buy ours from the butcher guy in town but we buy stuff from costco too and its always good. If I remember I think we bought our prime rib roast from there last year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The Costco here has good beef. We buy ours from the butcher guy in town but we buy stuff from costco too and its always good. If I remember I think we bought our prime rib roast from there last year. 

Their Ribeyes have been great whenever we have got them.   My wife has got NY strip from Sam's before. They were ok, I'm just not a big fan of them. I'm a ribeye and porterhouse/tbone guy :bc: