Check your account email address ×

Things faster then a new c8 corvette

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Miatas and boss 302 mustangs....

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/10/car-and-driver-says-the-corvette-c8-z51-is-faster-than-the-c7-and-they-are-wrong/

I’ll save you the click and let you know that C/D discovered that the C8 could lap Grattan Raceway in 1:26.1, while the best the C7 could muster was a 1:27.0. 

It’s not uncommon to see a Boss 302 Mustang in Touring trim make a complete circuit of Grattan in about 1:21.

I checked the results for some SCCA and NASA races at Grattan in 2018 and 2019, and saw that the 1:27 range is about what you would expect from a, ahem, Spec Miata.

Edited by BOHICA

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

miatas are awesome.  No one really needs a car more powerful than a miata they are a drivers car not a car to show off for your buddies.

Too bad you or I aren't going to fit in there. Made for midgets.

Does anyone know how many C8s have been sold. They had one down the road from me for appointment only test drives. The car was only there for a few days and the appointments booked up in minutes? It’s going to be a hot seller.

34 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Does anyone know how many C8s have been sold. They had one down the road from me for appointment only test drives. The car was only there for a few days and the appointments booked up in minutes? It’s going to be a hot seller.

Pour grabs10dicks and amg...

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

None have been sold. Only manufacture vehicles rolling around at this point.

Homerun for GM.

19 minutes ago, Doos said:

None have been sold. Only manufacture vehicles rolling around at this point.

Homerun for GM.

I’m pretty sure you can pre buy with a deposit? Dealers that have sold more Vettes in the past,get to sell more pre orders. Each dealer gets to sell a set amount of pre orders. That’s how I as told it worked? 

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m pretty sure you can pre buy with a deposit? Dealers that have sold more Vettes in the past,get to sell more pre orders. Each dealer gets to sell a set amount of pre orders. That’s how I as told it worked? 

You can order one, but you cannot buy one until they’re built and delivered. But yes dealers are allocated a certain number they can take orders for, and not all Chevy dealers have access to the C8 just yet.

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed,  if i could fit in one I would have one,  NB's are so cheap and would be a great little toy. 

they still have a popular road course class for them to race in 

same with the neon