Check your account email address ×

UAW Strike

7 minutes ago, irv said:

An offer was rejected yesterday according to the info I got from my wife. I am unsure what GM came back with to try and appease them but this will just add weeks now as GM will try to starve them out even further.

Mostly job security, Jay? 

I have heard GM wants to open/fill an EV plant and use nothing but TPT's? (temp part time) For this, I support the strike and the workers 100%!! If GM wins this then full time jobs everywhere as we know it will become a thing of the past in North America. 

The top 3 issues are wages, healthcare and TPTs & 2 tier employees. 

People are failing to see here is COL is going up, and wages aren't.

Then you get dumb fucks saying that UAW workers are making to much money. These dumb fucks actually think that if they cut our wages, the price of vehicles will go down.  :lmao:

Then you have the TPT and tier 2 pay.  These CEOs want to hire people to build vehicles for cheap labor, and have them build vehicles they couldn't afford to buy themselves. 

Healthcare in this country is a mess.  

The nuke plant I worked at for 36 yrs is likely well over half filled now with temp employees. To say the place was becoming a shit hole was an understatement! 

That's a scary thought.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Wage progression is a problem I read about.

8 years to make top rate is too long.

It's not even guaranteed they will make it to full pay.   Some plants (like mine) are hiring TPTs , and then they are making them 2nd tier as people retire. But the only way they can make it to full pay is to transfer to a full pay plant, when there's openings.   And even then, they've been fucking them on that.  I know someone who transferred to Shitcago Assembly and they were told they would be brought up to full pay. Didn't happen.  And now they are telling them they can't return here because they signed off as my plant being their "home plant" any longer.  Its a fucking mess. 

Obama wasn’t the main blame for jobs exiting the country in droves, he just really inspired it!

Union leadership philosophy is abhorrent and outdated.  

Also, top ranking officer pay isn’t the issue, while it is too high, it’s kinda like paying a good CPA, good hires usually pay for themselves.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, irv said:

An offer was rejected yesterday according to the info I got from my wife. I am unsure what GM came back with to try and appease them but this will just add weeks now as GM will try to starve them out even further.

Just a day later and there's rumors of the company adding a third week of furloughs here. :bashhead:  That's a big chunk of money coming out of my pocket for somebody else's deal. I'm starting to get really pissed. 

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The top 3 issues are wages, healthcare and TPTs & 2 tier employees. 

People are failing to see here is COL is going up, and wages aren't.

Then you get dumb fucks saying that UAW workers are making to much money. These dumb fucks actually think that if they cut our wages, the price of vehicles will go down.  :lmao:

Then you have the TPT and tier 2 pay.  These CEOs want to hire people to build vehicles for cheap labor, and have them build vehicles they couldn't afford to buy themselves. 

Healthcare in this country is a mess.  

That's a scary thought.

It's not even guaranteed they will make it to full pay.   Some plants (like mine) are hiring TPTs , and then they are making them 2nd tier as people retire. But the only way they can make it to full pay is to transfer to a full pay plant, when there's openings.   And even then, they've been fucking them on that.  I know someone who transferred to Shitcago Assembly and they were told they would be brought up to full pay. Didn't happen.  And now they are telling them they can't return here because they signed off as my plant being their "home plant" any longer.  Its a fucking mess. 

It is, especially when the one's who are in charge have zero clue on how to manage and how to run things. When I retired back in August there wasn't a full time person left in my dept. :wall:

Edited by irv

18 minutes ago, irv said:

It is, especially when the one's who are in charge have zero clue on how to manage and how to run things. When I retired back in August there wasn't a full time person left in my dept. :wall:

After seeing what happened at Chernobyl, by people who were full time employees and knew what they were doing, that makes it an even scarier thought thinking about temps working in a nuke plant. :flush:

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

After seeing what happened at Chernobyl, by people who were full time employees and knew what they were doing, that makes it an even scarier thought thinking about temps working in a nuke plant. :flush:

Like Jimmy stated. 2 totally different types of plants with totally different policies, rules and procedures. Not an apple to apple comparison. If you haven't, watch the Chernobyl series that aired some time ago. It was an excellent series formed into a movie/drama rather than just a documentary.

It was the most watched series ever and has won a pile of awards. Guaranteed you would enjoy it. 

Edited by irv

5 hours ago, irv said:

Mostly job security, Jay? 

I have heard GM wants to open/fill an EV plant and use nothing but TPT's? (temp part time) For this, I support the strike and the workers 100%!! If GM wins this then full time jobs everywhere as we know it will become a thing of the past in North America. 

The nuke plant I worked at for 36 yrs is likely well over half filled now with temp employees. To say the place was becoming a shit hole was an understatement! 

While we all love to bitch about our hydro costs, I think we all care just a little more about the people working a nuke plant being over qualified and well paid. I want the very best we can get running such a facility. the fact is, a part time temp without the same pay and bennies as others they are working side by side with, will become disenchanted with the job and care less.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

While we all love to bitch about our hydro costs, I think we all care just a little more about the people working a nuke plant being over qualified and well paid. I want the very best we can get running such a facility. the fact is, a part time temp without the same pay and bennies as others they are working side by side with, will become disenchanted with the job and care less.

agree 100%

Hopefully they don’t hire Canadians that are so dumb they call electricity, “hydro” 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, irv said:

Like Jimmy stated. 2 totally different types of plants with totally different policies, rules and procedures. Not an apple to apple comparison. If you haven't, watch the Chernobyl series that aired some time ago. It was an excellent series formed into a movie/drama rather than just a documentary.

It was the most watched series ever and has won a pile of awards. Guaranteed you would enjoy it. 

It really was a good series...shocking just how fucked up The Soviets were.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, irv said:

I watched it    Could have been a lot worse 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

It's too bad more didn't think like you. I've asked others, when we/I've been blamed for Hydro costs if they would rather have a bunch of monkeys working there making monkey wages.

It's hard not to get angry but most are ignorant to what is all involved and all the training/education that is required to work there. 

The fact of the matter, as I/we have zero input what people pay for their electricity. We produce it and the Gov't charges what they think people will pay for it. The Liberals green boondoggle is mostly to blame to the high prices we now pay and was likely one of the biggest reasons Wynne and the Liberals are no longer in power in this province.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4243590/billion-dollar-mistake-hydro-ontario-green-energy/

38 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

agree 100%

Hopefully they don’t hire Canadians that are so dumb they call electricity, “hydro” 

Hydro is what we call it...all of us up here. I get a bill that says Hydro One on it, that is the provider...so, stfu you moron.

51 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

agree 100%

here you go....just to help you understand a thing or two....

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/hydroelectric-energy/

Edited by Poncho

19 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Hydro is what we call it...all of us up here. I get a bill that says Hydro One on it, that is the provider...so, stfu you moron.

You pay hydro one, the provider, for electricity. So you don’t pay for hydro, you pay hydro.  Even dumber calling it hydro when you’re referring to a nuke plant. 

7 minutes ago, Poncho said:

here you go....just to help you understand a thing or two....

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/hydroelectric-energy/

Amazing, I’m now so informed !!! 

You all sound stupid. :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

You pay hydro one, the provider, for electricity. So you don’t pay for hydro, you pay hydro.  Even dumber calling it hydro when you’re referring to a nuke plant. 

Many of you retards simply call it con ed.....Sounds like you have never left hicksville usa. Hydro electricity is generated using a dam. When electricity was first introduced to us, we used hydro, niagara falls once powered most of Ontario canada. Happy to educate you.

Edited by ManOnManOral

7 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

:goodpost:

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

Many of you retards simply call it con ed.....Sounds like you have never left hicksville usa.

I haven’t heard  anybody here call it that you busted spring slip lip motherfucker.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Many of you retards simply call it con ed.....Sounds like you have never left hicksville usa. Hydro electricity is generated using a dam. When electricity was first introduced to us, we used hydro, niagara falls once powered most of Ontario canada. Happy to educate you.

Nope “power” or “electric”. 
not trying to start a fight, just informing you that it sounds retarded. If it were me, I’d stop saying it.

Call your dog a cat, idgaf. Just don’t get pissed when people look at you funny. 

33 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

That is because you have never been to new york. Moron.

Many of you retards is what you said implying on this forum and there are New Yorkers here that haven’t called it that so go lay down Step and a Drag.