Check your account email address ×

UAW Strike

19 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

You pay hydro one, the provider, for electricity. So you don’t pay for hydro, you pay hydro.  Even dumber calling it hydro when you’re referring to a nuke plant. 

Amazing, I’m now so informed !!! 

You all sound stupid. :lol: 

is this toolkit 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Breaking News: GM and UAW reach tentative agreement ending the tier system.  14,500 in bonuses. Higher deductible healthcare.

http://t.co/YBxzFZXuX5

Nice bonus. The tier system was never going to work long term. Just about everyone pays a share of their healthcare...seems fair. 

Get those lines rolling again.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

X2

x3

no job in the real world do you get to the top of your pay scale quickly.  Most move from company to company negotiating for more pay each move.    the UAW line workers should quit and try to do the same :news:  

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

x3

no job in the real world do you get to the top of your pay scale quickly.  Most move from company to company negotiating for more pay each move.    the UAW line workers should quit and try to do the same :news:  

Use to be 3 years 

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there used to be job banks as well.  Times change and the UAW needed to change with it

And your opinion of who is worth what is about as useful as the shit I took this morning 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Just like doing the same job as the person across the line from you and maxing out at $10-$15/hour less. Is it that kind of ridiculous? 

IDGAF but three years is ridiculous IMO...that’s all I’m saying.

Just now, Skidooski said:

We are about to go and start protesting the protesters :lol: Is the fucking UAW going to reimburse all of us for lost wages? 

vvvvv

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Breaking News: GM and UAW reach tentative agreement ending the tier system.  14,500 in bonuses. Higher deductible healthcare.

http://t.co/YBxzFZXuX5

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

vvvvv

So who's going to cut me a check for thousands so you guys can play games with my livelihood? Go back to work

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Just like doing the same job as the person across the line from you and maxing out at $10-$15/hour less. Is it that kind of ridiculous? 

maxing out no but to have a guy after 3 years making the same as you do after 10  is absolutely ridiculous

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So who's going to cut me a check for thousands so you guys can play games with my livelihood?

Go back to work

Take it up with YOUR employer

I don't work for GM 

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

maxing out no but to have a guy after 3 years making the same as you do after 10  is absolutely ridiculous

Been that way since way before I hired in 21+ years ago

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Take it up with YOUR employer

I don't work for GM 

Been that way since way before I hired in 21+ years ago

My employer wouldn't be putting everyone on furlough if the UAW was AT WORK

On 10/3/2019 at 6:35 AM, Snake said:

Wage progression is a problem I read about.

8 years to make top rate is too long.

That’s silly. There’s no skilled position that takes less than 7-10 years to make top pay. Oh wait....I thought we were discussing skilled labor. Never mind. 

11 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That sounds like your problem to me. 

Yeah cause I'd still be getting furloughed if the UAW wasn't on strike? My problem right now is the UAW! This has fucking zip to do with me and yet is taking money out of my pocket so someone else can get more themselves. How about I take 5 grand out of your checking account then turn to you and say "Sounds like your problem to me"?

At this point I feel like the whole UAW can die out and then I can watch all their people try and hold a jobs in right to work states. 

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah cause I'd still be getting furloughed if the UAW wasn't on strike? My problem right now is the UAW! This has fucking zip to do with me and yet is taking money out of my pocket so someone else can get more themselves. How about I take 5 grand out of your checking account then turn to you and say "Sounds like your problem to me"?

At this point I feel like the whole UAW can die out and then I can watch all their people try and hold a jobs in right to work states. 

:goodpost: