Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

17 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

About to swap headlight bulbs and add Doo LEDs.  Novi Show tonight. Picking up trail permits, studs and carbides. Studding sled tomorrow afternoon.  Dropping off rear bumper to get powder coated and Y pipe to get ceramic coated Monday.  Debating of I should do the front bumper as well now while I already have access to it? :dunno:

IMG_20191101_134338062.thumb.jpg.5d5206afcd5619156647c5df62cd5a4c.jpg

You're dealer wont stud?  Mine will stud for free (minus cost for studs which is the same price as buying myself) when buying a sled.  

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

You're dealer wont stud?  Mine will stud for free (minus cost for studs which is the same price as buying myself) when buying a sled.  

I'm sure they do, but they aren't doing it for free.   No body is touching my sleds but me unless it has to go in for something under warranty. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

If it's free it's free.  I've done it so many times but it isn't a fun chore  :snack: 

:lol: 

I disagree - Studding is a fun garage project. I’d rather do it myself. Besides I have my own stud pattern I like to use. :news: 

20 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I disagree - Studding is a fun garage project. I’d rather do it myself. Besides I have my own stud pattern I like to use. :news: 

Studding is definitely a job I don't trust anyone else at. I know there's guys that do it that know how to do them (guy who taught me is a guy I work with who is also Al from Dee's Marine BIL and use to do all his sleds at the dealer) but that's something I want not knowing that it's been done 100% right. 

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I just picked up the new sled. I ordered the cover but not in yet. 

20191101_145106.jpg

:bc:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

40 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My dealer will ask the pattern you want.  I still sometimes do it, I wouldn't call it a thoroughly enjoyable task. 

41 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You think studding a sled is a hard job?  :lol: :lmao: :lol2:

Never said it was hard just not an enjoyable task.   I've studded more sleds than you have in your life sonny boy

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Never said it was hard just not an enjoyable task.  

I've studded more sleds than you have in your life sonny boy

Well, with those little string bean arms , not surprised.

:lol: yea sure you have :lmao:

48 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Studding is definitely a job I don't trust anyone else at. I know there's guys that do it that know how to do them (guy who taught me is a guy I work with who is also Al from Dee's Marine BIL and use to do all his sleds at the dealer) but that's something I want not knowing that it's been done 100% right. 

:bc:

One thing my AC mechanic here taught me. Keep a file on the bench, spin the tool on it after  every 4-5 holes and it stays sharp and goes through like butter every time.

13 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

He hasn't locked down a time yet to see you have your lips sealed!!!!

1501926963_Screenshot_20191024-1615492.thumb.png.39200da2db6791e2a227aeb4ab1819bd.png

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

One thing my AC mechanic here taught me. Keep a file on the bench, spin the tool on it after  every 4-5 holes and it stays sharp and goes through like butter every time.

Sharp bit is must. I always keep mine sharp with my 4" flapper wheel on my cordless grinder sitting next to me as I go. Hit it about ever 10 or so. And a rat rail file to get the inside of the hole.  And keep the bit hot. I ALWAYS pre heat it with a torch prior to starting. Once you get going it stays hot it seals the strands up as you drill. 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't own a sled and I am going to try to spend some time down south this winter.  Been shopping for a prius and some XC skis for winter fun up here.  

Both sleds are gone? 

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't own a sled and I am going to try to spend some time down south this winter.  Been shopping for a prius and some XC skis for winter fun up here.  

That sounds so gay I need to go wash my eyes...