Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I could have mixed it up. I looked at a bunch yesterday. Someone had a couple for 10 and change.

Edit: Leaders in kazoo has one for 10,800.

Lakeside in Mecosta has some. They also have some 900t Enduro's t.  If not going XRS I'd go with the Enduro 

57 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I could have mixed it up. I looked at a bunch yesterday. Someone had a couple for 10 and change.

Edit: Leaders in kazoo has one for 10,800.

I bought my 2012 etec there. They seem pretty decent, I would buy another sled from them. Although that sled never had one hiccup. Sold it to my bud bout 5-6 years ago and it's been perfect for him too. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd like to upgrade the wife to a 900T. Would make a nice back up sled for myself or a buddy.

There are left overs around for $13500 or so for an Adren. Finding Enduro's and GT's for $15500.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile/ottawa/2019-ski-doo-renegade-adrenaline-900-ace-turbo/1457729781

Only thing holding me back is we don't ride much any more. Always seems to be something else that needs done.Her Vector is a '12 but its in great shape. It could last a bunch of years yet and she still likes riding it.

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Cans on sleds should be a criminal offence punishable by stoning 

I was talking to the VP of the SSA this past Sunday. He said the wanna be Burandts trespassing on private property is a far bigger issue than aftermarket exhaust.

8 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I was talking to the VP of the SSA this past Sunday. He said the wanna be Burandts trespassing on private property is a far bigger issue than aftermarket exhaust.

Not here. Both are an issue and they give fines here for modified exhaust.  200 bucks I think.  Should be jail time!

11 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Not here. Both are an issue and they give fines here for modified exhaust.  200 bucks I think.  

Should be jail time!

That's a pretty good fine. Glad they won't bother me there. 

What about poaching, or illegal growing of weed or making your own alcohol illegally- should those be jail time too? :dunno:

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Oh, trespassing is our #1 problem by far.

14 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Not here. Both are an issue and they give fines here for modified exhaust.  200 bucks I think.  Should be jail time!

I can’t remember the last time I heard even a hind of them enforcing exhaust laws here.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I can’t remember the last time I heard even a hind of them enforcing exhaust laws here.  

That's what the VP said. 9/10 complaints they get are for some dumb fuck trespassing on private property.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

What about poaching, or illegal growing of weed or making your own alcohol illegally- should those be jail time too? :dunno:

Fuck no, neither should driving after suspension.

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's a pretty good fine. Glad they won't bother me there. 

Cans and trail trespass should be higher!!! Maybe even life in prison 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Buddy got one in Two Harbors in December.  DNR said they were told by the clubs to start cracking down on it.  If you aren't in the populated towns and up on the hill I doubt they would say anything.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Buddy got one in Two Harbors in December.  DNR said they were told by the clubs to start cracking down on it.  If you aren't in the populated towns and up on the hill I doubt they would say anything.

No shit?  That’s the first I ever heard of anybody getting one.  

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Good.  We have some private land by our trails and that's a big complaint. Not as much farm land here.   Guys with cans can't help but crack the throttle.   Cops sometimes sit at pumps writing tickets.   I'm glad they do.  

21 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhh....I don’t think it matters that much.  But I will always run a quality oil over garbage for a few bucks more.  The amsoil dominator is a nice racing formula for hotter mils.  I just have to clean up the valves a couple times a season.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and meme, possible text that says 'tryna hoes me These distract Me tryna find out what oil everybody runnin'

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Cans and trail trespass should be higher!!! Maybe even life in prison 

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I've had aftermarket exhaust since '01.  Never had any problems. Just have to be respectful in town and near houses.

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Good.  We have some private land by our trails and that's a big complaint. Not as much farm land here.   Guys with cans can't help but crack the throttle.   Cops sometimes sit at pumps writing tickets.   I'm glad they do.  

Unless you're causing a problem and they see you do it, that's BS 

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I agree.   He just bought the sled and hadn't had a chance to get a stock one yet.

Run the stock can and have the registration stickers valid and easily visible on your sled and they don't both you.  Most of them are pretty cool.  Good to have people our there and ready to respond if someone gets in trouble.  They are always dragging people out who get stuck, buried in swamps, hurt, etc.

6 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I've had aftermarket exhaust since '01.  Never had any problems. Just have to be respectful in town and near houses.

I’ve had it too.  My current is just the factory race exhaust so, it’s louder but not bad.  Just gotta know when to keep your thumb off the flipper.

And it absolutely is BS.  There was talk here years ago about DB metering stations where they set up and made sleds go through it.  I don’t think it ever happened.  Our state wants sled tourist money.....setting up traps and writing tickets is how to ensure it gets spent elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

i think it's great,  they used to do it every Saturday up in Pittsburg NH at the main gas station in town.  dozens of exhaust tickets followed by guys whining on FB about how poorly they were treated.  Aftermarket exhaust for a trail sleds just gay.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i think it's great,  they used to do it every Saturday up in Pittsburg NH at the main gas station in town.  dozens of exhaust tickets followed by guys whining on FB about how poorly they were treated.  Aftermarket exhaust for a trail sleds just gay.  

If you're not causing a problem it's not ok to just give someone a ticket for their exhaust 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

They add barely any power.  Jay can say it's gay but trails here are legit closing due to loud exhausts.  To not have to carry dB meters and argue with guys, it's illegal all together and I agree 100% with it. Just imo of course 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

If you're not causing a problem it's not ok to just give someone a ticket for their exhaust 

Just because your quiet at the pumps doesn't mean you're going to be else where.  Sorry but if I'm drunk but not causing an issue driving, you'll still want me charged. 

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

They add barely any power.  Jay can say it's gay but trails here are legit closing due to loud exhausts.  To not have to carry dB meters and argue with guys, it's illegal all together and I agree 100% with it. Just imo of course 

You'd fit right in with Pelosi and the rest of the Dumbs

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Just because your quiet at the pumps doesn't mean you're going to be else where.  Sorry but if I'm drunk but not causing an issue driving, you'll still want me charged. 

If you aren't going into town and driving by peoples houses/cabins making noise, I don't see what the problem is