Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You'd fit right in with Pelosi and the rest of the Dumbs

If you aren't going into town and driving by peoples houses/cabins making noise, I don't see what the problem is

Sorry but in southern central Ontario you ride into town for food and gas and on private land that has permission by the clubs.   If you don't like it stay off the trails and private land. 

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Sorry but in southern central Ontario you ride into town for food and gas and on private land that has permission by the clubs.   If you don't like it stay off the trails and private land. 

You can EASILY go into town and people wouldn't know if you had an aftermarket exhaust or not. Been doing it for years. 

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i think it's great,  they used to do it every Saturday up in Pittsburg NH at the main gas station in town.  dozens of exhaust tickets followed by guys whining on FB about how poorly they were treated.  Aftermarket exhaust for a trail sleds just gay.  

Triple triples sound great and most of it went away when states started with the decibel laws but twin 2 strokes with those stupid cans sound gayer than a bag of dicks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve had it too.  My current is just the factory race exhaust so, it’s louder but not bad.  Just gotta know when to keep your thumb off the flipper.

And it absolutely is BS.  There was talk here years ago about DB metering stations where they set up and made sleds go through it.  I don’t think it ever happened.  Our state wants sled tourist money.....setting up traps and writing tickets is how to ensure it gets spent elsewhere.

This can didn't require a DB reading.  Obnoxiously loud.  Even idling to fill it with fuel in town was enough to piss everyone off.

55 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

When you’re more concerned with just sounding fast, you put a can on your sled. 

This is  the sound of my people!!! Derp deeeerp 

Aren't you the one who's selling DynoPort exhaust for your ex's sled?  I think that was you but I'm not sure?  :dunno:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Y-pipe, Pipe and Can.  Can for weight and sound.  There’s nice cans out there.  You don’t have to go retard.  I’m junking that 35lb suitcase in any sled.

Rode with edmo couple of years ago.  He didn't even realize mine had aftermarket exhaust on it. Don't ride like an idiot in town and near people's house/cabin and you're not the problem :bc:

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Rode with edmo couple of years ago.  He didn't even realize mine had aftermarket exhaust on it. Don't ride like an idiot in town and near people's house/cabin and you're not the problem :bc:

Yep.  I had a BMP Powderlite on my Doo. Still pretty quiet until you grabbed a handful.  Put the same pipe on my Cat and didn’t make it down the driveway before I got rid of it.  It’s too much on some sleds.  I want moderate sound while around residential and then I can rip it when I’m out in the sticks.  My stock can now is about perfect.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I put a 2 1/2 paddle on it,and it would clean the snow off of every corner.

:lol:Those guys who have 500 trail ridden miles on their mountain sleds complaining their lugs are tearing off

Edited by Skidooski

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

:lol:Those guys who have 500 trail ridden miles on their mountain sleds complaining their lugs are tearing off

I like over hearing them talk in the bars about over heating problems.:lmao:

Just now, Woodtick said:

I like over hearing them talk in the bars about over heating problems.:lmao:

I seen some pics recently of scratchers installed way back by the rear axle...??? Is that a new thing? Curb feelers maybe

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  I had a BMP Powderlite on my Doo. Still pretty quiet until you grabbed a handful.  Put the same pipe on my Cat and didn’t make it down the driveway before I got rid of it.  It’s too much on some sleds.  I want moderate sound while around residential and then I can rip it when I’m out in the sticks.  My stock can now is about perfect.

One on my '17 and '12 was quiet until you were past 7,200.  You could cruise all day long and not hear it unless you were punching it .  Put the same one on my 850, loud at 6,600.  

This is what it looks like now.

IMG_20200131_183730212.thumb.jpg.f18f39376829fd31d30e1ea6d5ed8e96.jpg

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I seen some pics recently of scratchers installed way back by the rear axle...??? Is that a new thing? Curb feelers maybe

The Doo tunnel mounted with replaceable tips go near the back and some buddies have them and say they work pretty good .I'm putting them on the sled when I get around to it in the near future

7 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The Doo tunnel mounted with replaceable tips go near the back and some buddies have them and say they work pretty good .I'm putting them on the sled when I get around to it in the near future

I have them on my '17  They work great

11 minutes ago, smokin george said:

These were rail mounted and seemed to be way back on the rails to be effective. Maybe for the guy right behind :dunno: