Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

went to a Minneapolis western burbs  trail shelter yesterday to  do a bit of maint  new solar lights get the seasons trash  clean up all the bear cans around the shelter move the fire pit re stack some wood set the mouse bait etc .

emptied the map box for a whopping 23 bucks and a business card lmfao . yep real giving bunch who just can't give enough back to the sport . 

On 3/22/2020 at 4:31 PM, Zambroski said:

Yep.  Still good snow here.  Just a bit grainy and mashed potatoes mid day.  Took a buzz up and down the power lines and saw the trailhead was packed.  People getting in their last jaunt or two.

Good to see you,re back riding. Did you ever figure out why your engine blew up ?

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Good to see you,re back riding. Did you ever figure out why your engine blew up ?

Hard to say exactly what caused it but for sure the death blow was a ring grabbing a port. I think something caused it to squash over the locator pin and that’s all it took.  I very well could have started the “muck up” by running it way harder than I should have the ride before.  I’ve been through all my “should have/shouldn’t have” list but, it doesn’t matter.  Just the way it goes sometimes.  

I think this was my last ride of the year, wanted to burn out the race fuel.  We got six inches of fresh but everything is just a damn sloppy/sliding mess and rocks are popping the carbides which makes it especially annoying.  I can’t get much traction with my new ride’s clutching but, think I’m real close for next season. Lots of different nuances in this sled to get used to.  Can’t believe how different the front is.  Gonna be a fucking brat and a half on the trails next year.  Yahoo!

F72FDBEE-D5CB-4ED0-81A6-C7DA30FA7CBC.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:49 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s just ugly as fuck.  That one in particular.  Just when I think Poo couldn’t make their sled and taller and “rolly”...bam!

On 3/28/2020 at 5:12 PM, Anler said:

Levi knows what's up

This was an embarrassing video for arguably one of the best ambassadors of the sport.  It was clear he didn’t even believe what he was saying and just making it up the best he could.  They couldn’t even edit out the ski lifting in the video....but they tried real hard.  :lol:

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s just ugly as fuck.  That one in particular.  Just when I think Poo couldn’t make their sled and taller and “rolly”...bam!

I found the AXYS to have alot of body roll.  At least on the XC I rode with how it was set up.  Maybe an XCR would be better?

The cockfit felt like it wanted you in one spot and moving around felt weird. As you know with the Procross, the harder you run it the better it works.

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I found the AXYS to have alot of body roll.  At least on the XC I rode with how it was set up.  Maybe an XCR would be better?

The cockfit felt like it wanted you in one spot and moving around felt weird. As you know with the Procross, the harder you run it the better it works.

I've owned both and the axys takes body english so much better then the pc. And it definitely doesn't have much body roll and ski lift compared to the pc either. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

You may have tried to override it. It takes less work then most people are used to. By override I don't mean beat the shit out of , it takes that just fine. I meant put more effort into it then what is required.

14 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I felt the same way but, similar to your point....and to be fair, I was on somebody else’s sled on their suspension set up and it wasn’t a top end “rough trail” model but still, yes, a very comfortable sled while sitting and just riding at decent clips but, awkward and tough to get it to move at speed and up throttle in the trash and corners.  And “trashed corners”....forget about that.  Just let off the flipper and make your way through.

It’s almost the exact opposite of the PC set ups I’m used to.  Hammer hard and it’s sublime.  Try to ease your way around the trash and just cruise through and it sucks. Newer models are sounding like they are more refined though.

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I felt the same way but, similar to your point....and to be fair, I was on somebody else’s sled on their suspension set up and it wasn’t a top end “rough trail” model but still, yes, a very comfortable sled while sitting and just riding at decent clips but, awkward and tough to get it to move at speed and up throttle in the trash and corners.  And “trashed corners”....forget about that.  Just let off the flipper and make your way through.

It’s almost the exact opposite of the PC set ups I’m used to.  Hammer hard and it’s sublime.  Try to ease your way around the trash and just cruise through and it sucks. Newer models are sounding like they are more refined though.

You were running the trashed corners wrong. Hit it hard and it eats right thru them.

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You were running the trashed corners wrong. Hit it hard and it eats right thru them.

Hmmm....that wasn’t the feeling I was getting.  I was on full lean trying to throttle through it and I kept feeling like I needed to keep jerking the sled my way to keep it from throwing me off the opposite side.  It’s too fucking tall.  I bet if you were standing on the opposite side of the corner all you saw of me was my boot heel and two hands on the grips!  :lol:

‘Course, I’m only four and half feet tall so, I can just barely see over the riser pad anyway.   :lmao:

49 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I've owned both and the axys takes body english so much better then the pc. And it definitely doesn't have much body roll and ski lift compared to the pc either. 

Mine has zero body roll. Like nothing I’ve ever rode. But I’m sure that’s the point of the RR when it comes to shock and sway bar set up. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This was an embarrassing video for arguably one of the best ambassadors of the sport.  It was clear he didn’t even believe what he was saying and just making it up the best he could.  They couldn’t even edit out the ski lifting in the video....but they tried real hard.  :lol:

His video skills are way behind his riding skills for sure

10 minutes ago, bussman said:

Mine has zero body roll. Like nothing I’ve ever rode. But I’m sure that’s the point of the RR when it comes to shock and sway bar set up. 

Dan said they put a thinner sway bar in the xcr than the pro S. Seems odd, he switched it out to the thicker one on his xcr. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dan said they put a thinner sway bar in the xcr than the pro S. Seems odd, he switched it out to the thicker one on his xcr. 

I remember Drew’s XCR having fantastic flat handling. His sled was a big reason I went with an RR approach. :bc: 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bussman said:

Haven't been in an rr. Had sno pros and found them valved soft on my 17.