Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

Good find Tomas  :thumb:

Package from MainWay Solutions finally showed up today.  Was supposed to be here on the 13th , but just got delivered today. Was afraid it got lost/mixed up in customs (just a small 4"x4"x4" box).  Wasn't in a hurry to get it here but I've been ordering stuff early to get everything here so I don't run into any delays come winter. 

Nice little mounting hardware kit they sell. 

IMG_20190919_150623421.thumb.jpg.6ef12679be7f17f5bda0203f83e32683.jpg

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Package from MainWay Solutions finally showed up today.  Was supposed to be here on the 13th , but just got delivered today. Was afraid it got lost/mixed up in customs (just a small 4"x4"x4" box).  Wasn't in a hurry to get it here but I've been ordering stuff early to get everything here so I don't run into any delays come winter. 

Did you buy the required aftermarket bracing kit the ski doos require?

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You do the bushings too?

Edited by awful knawful

Well I started to do some research and now I don't know if I should be swapped the Ryde FX 2.0 front shocks for the fox float 2"s.

Does anyone know what is the better option? The Ryde FX has the Schrader valves installed.

15689380867636261629106836779234.jpg

15689380591708850549376390567761.jpg

11 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Well I picked up a 2008 Polaris RMK 700 last night. I am going to swap a bunch of parts off it and then as long as the deal holds I have a buyer for everything at the same price I paid for it. 

Buddy I bought it off of has never rode it as the guy he got it off of had a ring meet exhaust port issue.  Judging by the track which I think is stock, this thing has no miles on it. Track looks brand new.

20190918_183657.jpg

received_940993902908151.jpeg

received_394897311174530.jpeg

Wow, that's really in good shape! Nice score.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Well I started to do some research and now I don't know if I should be swapped the Ryde FX 2.0 front shocks for the fox float 2"s.

Does anyone know what is the better option? The Ryde FX has the Schrader valves installed.

15689380867636261629106836779234.jpg

15689380591708850549376390567761.jpg

Tom would know better but IMO the Floats are the better Shocks.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Tom would know better but IMO the Floats are the better Shocks.

Thanks. 

@AKIQPilot are you able to help solve this dilemma? Lol

The sled will be mainly a ditch banger/hopefully some trails with the rare possibility of seeing some steep and deep.

So the RMK I bought is just full of surprises.

It has an SLP can. So I pulled that off. I hear something rattling around inside. Parts of the ring that hit the exhaust port lol. As well as what appears to be some baffling. There is more in there but I can't get it out. I want to run it over my can as the one currently on my sled is a super loud asshole can and I am not a fan. The slp is much quieter. But I am worried about running a can with loose items inside. Looking for input.

Also it has hid head lights! Ballasts and everything. So now I am contemplating liberating those. Anyone have any experience running hid's? Or am I better off with the halogens because of vibrations? 

I also plugged the gauge into my sled to see the milage. 3400 miles. It looks really good for that kind not kms

The Float 2's are better shocks than the RideFX Air 2.0's.  Should be a straight across shock I would guess.  Depends on if the front ends are different widths.  

I would run the slp can and not worry about the rattling inside.  

I don't know which headlight is better.  

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

You get the shocks done? 

Leaving the Cat at home to sell? 

I’m going to run them one more year. The blizzard will be the backup soon, if not gone.

Sticking with the cat in backup duty for now. I’ll see what is coming new for 2021 in the spring and decide then if I want to snow check or pickup a leftover. 

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’m going to run them one more year. The blizzard will be the backup soon, if not gone.

Sticking with the cat in backup duty for now. I’ll see what is coming new for 2021 in the spring and decide then if I want to snow check or pickup a leftover. 

How many miles on the Blizzard? 

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

barely broken in for a modern skidoo

I went over the whole sled. Other than the muffler side y-pipe bolts coming loose last season (cheap fix - nord lock washers ) the sled’s been great. 👍

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Ever had them serviced before? 

No, they seem fine. Not much of an issue where I ride. Trails get beat I hit the seasonal roads and backwoods trails. 

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

No, they seem fine. Not much of an issue where I ride. Trails get beat I hit the seasonal roads and backwoods trails. 

Would be like riding a new sled if you had them serviced.  They seem fine, but they aren't. 

Got the turbo ace buttoned up this week after some tweaks to make it better in deeper snow.  1.75” x 16” track, Pilot 6.9s with 6” center and 4” on outside keel, one tooth lower gearing on top, adjustable riser and grab handle, heavier torsions and a few other goodies.  Looking for a deal on some skid shocks, the stocker gets overwhelmed pretty easy.  Cant wait to ride this winter!  Got a couple Quebec trips on the itinerary this season.

0B6D5A92-DC9C-482C-9777-D5D5A28B96E9.thumb.jpeg.31131e6191b2e814a2a89fdcfcbcc055.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Got the turbo ace buttoned up this week after some tweaks to make it better in deeper snow.  1.75” x 16” track, Pilot 6.9s with 6” center and 4” on outside keel, one tooth lower gearing on top, adjustable riser and grab handle, heavier torsions and a few other goodies.  Looking for a deal on some skid shocks, the stocker gets overwhelmed pretty easy.  Cant wait to ride this winter!  Got a couple Quebec trips on the itinerary this season.

0B6D5A92-DC9C-482C-9777-D5D5A28B96E9.thumb.jpeg.31131e6191b2e814a2a89fdcfcbcc055.jpeg

Nice updates.  Why not just revalve the center?  What is that on your floor or, why is your sled in the living room?  Either way...I like it!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nice updates.  Why not just revalve the center?  What is that on your floor or, why is your sled in the living room?  Either way...I like it!

I don't think you can.  Stock Adrenaline shock.  :bc: