Check your account email address ×

Sanders Says If Israel Wants to Ban Members of Congress, It Should Not Receive Billions in US Military Aid

Sanders Says If Israel Wants to Ban Members of Congress, It Should Not Receive Billions in US Military Aid

"The idea that a member of the United States Congress cannot visit a nation which, by the way, we support to the tune of billions and billions of dollars is clearly an outrage." 
byJake Johnson, staff writer 

Sanders said Thursday that "the idea that a member of the United States Congress cannot visit a nation which, by the way, we support to the tune of billions and billions of dollars is clearly an outrage." 

"And if Israel doesn't want members of the United States Congress to visit their country to get a firsthand look at what's going on—and I've been there many, many times—but if he doesn't want members to visit, maybe [Netanyahu] can respectfully decline the billions of dollars that we give to Israel," Sanders added. 

Progressives applauded Sanders' remarks, noting that the senator's willingness to challenge U.S. military aid to Israel makes him unique in the 2020 Democratic presidential field. 

"People have been asking how Bernie can distinguish himself from rivals who at least profess agreement on domestic issues," tweeted HuffPost reporter Daniel Marans. "This is one area where the distinction is clear."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/16/sanders-says-if-israel-wants-ban-members-congress-it-should-not-receive-billions-us?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3wpgkqdtXhni7pHuhQ5ycGSnZGDCEBF--E_OIRJaQQ_ickoLmmN30jjgc

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

They shouldn't receive billions in military aid period.

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

They shouldn't get the dough in any case.

Neal

But SANDERS said it so now it's a big deal.  It's too bad that he and the rest can't campaign for ending all foreign aid.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

But SANDERS said it so now it's a big deal.  It's too bad that he and the rest can't campaign for ending all foreign aid.

Pay attention dummy...this has nothing to do with Sanders saying it ..members here have been calling for ending foreign aid to Israel for years.

15 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

So many anti semites here 

They bought into the Obama thinking.  Guthooked dipshits.......  *lookingatSmales*.  I hope they start leveling these bastards shooting rockets at them, 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

They bought into the Obama thinking.  Guthooked dipshits.......  *lookingatSmales*.  I hope they start leveling these bastards shooting rockets at them, 

Yes because Obama gave Israel a record 38 billion in military aid, you are really a hack.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Yes because Obama gave Israel a record 38 billion in military aid, you are really a hack.

Hes the one who started making excuses for terrorists.  Eat a dick chumly.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Why cant Israel pay for the military equipment? Why are we giving them 38 billion worth?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Fuck you hack. Your boys Bush and Cheney gave SA a pass and went after Iraq, talk about giving a pass.\

And even your orange god said going into Iraq was the biggest blunder in US history.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Fuck you hack. Your boys Bush and Cheney gave SA a pass and went after Iraq, talk about giving a pass.\

And even your orange god said going into Iraq was the biggest blunder in US history.

Hey if you just want to call names I can go all day, string bean armed faggot.  Im not going to revisit 9/11, it was 18 fucking years ago.  I bet you couldnt explain Bush doctrine if you had to..  not even saying it was correct, but I understood it at the time.  Was it a mistake in hindsight?  Yes, Ive admitted that multiple times.  Heres where youre going to tell me you were against it from day ine, even most of the country, the congress and much of the world were on board.

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey if you just want to call names I can go all day, string bean armed faggot.  Im not going to revisit 9/11, it was 18 fucking years ago.  I bet you couldnt explain Bush doctrine if you had to..  not even saying it was correct, but I understood it at the time.  Was it a mistake in hindsight?  Yes, Ive admitted that multiple times.  Heres where youre going to tell me you were against it from day ine, even most of the country, the congress and much of the world were on board.

Many on these boards were against it at the time. A fact you conveniently ignore in hindsight 100% of the time. 

And since SA and anti Semitism was brought up. Why do your heroes Bush and trump support them when Jews are t even allowed to enter the kingdom ? 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Haha....STFU....now you are even being a chickenhawk on behalf of Israel! 😂

14 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Many on these boards were against it at the time. A fact you conveniently ignore in hindsight 100% of the time. 

And since SA and anti Semitism was brought up. Why do your heroes Bush and trump support them when Jews are t even allowed to enter the kingdom ? 

First you could give me your summation on the Bush doctrine and whether you agreed with it the time and if not, why?.  Conveniently forgot nothing, dont throw out bullshit like that at me gmafb,....was it many was it most was it a few on the boards, I didnt claim anything- only referenced country, congress and world, and it doesnt matter anyways.  As far as SA we have tried to remain allies for oil, and keeping the influence of Russia and China at bay.  And theyre bitter enemies of Iran,, which also aligns with our interests.   There are no good answers, but for 75 years we have tried to keep peace there, let Israel survive and coexist, as well as contain the hostile actors in the region.  Has it been a success?   Probably not, it’s a big fucking mess no doubt. And Bush/Cheney not my heros, but they surely arent fucking war criminals either, which is yet another DNC narrative that seems to be stuck with a few wet brains on here..... and there is not one person here who has any better ideas. Just a bunch of finger-pointing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, frenchy said:

There it is....the point that is always ignored by Woolie and his ilk. In addition to your point the Saudis practice one of the most militant forms of Islam and are huge purveyors of terror.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

First you could give me your summation on the Bush doctrine and whether you agreed with it the time and if not, why?.  Conveniently forgot nothing, dont throw out bullshit like that at me gmafb,....was it many was it most was it a few on the boards, I didnt claim anything- only referenced country, congress and world, and it doesnt matter anyways.  As far as SA we have tried to remain allies for oil, and keeping the influence of Russia and China at bay.  And theyre bitter enemies of Iran,, which also aligns with our interests.   There are no good answers, but for 75 years we have tried to keep peace there, let Israel survive and coexist, as well as contain the hostile actors in the region.  Has it been a success?   Probably not, it’s a big fucking mess no doubt. And Bush/Cheney not my heros, but they surely arent fucking war criminals either, which is yet another DNC narrative that seems to be stuck with a few wet brains on here..... and there is not one person here who has any better ideas. Just a bunch of finger-pointing. 

Summation of the Bush doctrine? It was a fucking joke. Created to dupe simple minds hellbent on beating war drums. The fact you bring it up 20 years later is very telling. 

It was also comically selective  seeing as not a single boot was laid on SA or NK soil. 

As for the public appetite for war in Iraq they were sold a false bill of goods fabricated by Bush/Cheney in order to gain public support for their goal. Again you accept this wholeheartedly while crying bloody murder about the dems fabricated Russia scandal. If that doesn’t scream hack nothing does. 

Guess who started the name calling chumly .  

The actual Bush doctrine is easy to explain, preemptive attacks against future threats while doing nothing to the actual attackers.

No, I wasn't against it at first because I believed the lies told by  Bush & Cheney.  The difference is I realized later they were lying, you didn't and still believe them.

They shouldn't receive billions of aid anyway. We fight their oil wars for them and they already own our Federal reserve, Congress and the mic. Besides the fact that we are $22 trillion in debt and a $1 trillion plus deficit and our short and long term treasury notes are basically not desirable. But hey youre gods chosen people, here's $3 billion.!

Edited by Anler

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

They shouldn't receive billions of aid anyway. We fight their oil wars for them and they already own our Federal reserve, Congress and the mic. Besides the fact that we are $22 trillion in debt and a $1 trillion plus deficit and our short and long term treasury notes are basically not desirable. But hey youre gods chosen people, here's $3 billion.!

Well it's over 22.5 trillion, but who's counting.  Don't worry Trump will eliminate all that in his second term.

Your versions of history are typically way off. You shouldn't be calling people out on their knowledge of things.