Check your account email address ×

Probably the best fucking steak I've ever had

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

This reminds me to put the cast iron on the grill. You can really get the pan hot and not smoke up the house. It’s been a while since I’ve done it. I believe they call it New Orleans Blackend? You use a 3/4 cut New York,it’s black on the out side and blood red on the inside.  

I use my cast pan on the grill and smoker all the time .....especially for prime rib. It holds all the juice so you can use it for jus which is nice 

• Advertising Member
8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I use my cast pan on the grill and smoker all the time .....especially for prime rib. It holds all the juice so you can use it for jus which is nice 

I don't do that.... just because I get the grill up past the smoke point.   Which I think isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be, I just don't use the skillet on the grill.  I will say that when you are doing a long cook it is important to minimize the "bad" smoke, but when cooking a steak, it doesn't matter at all.  If you guys have never cut your own steaks and prepared them it is incredibly easy.

Edited by Seatofmypants

Just now, Seatofmypants said:

I don't do that.... just because I get the grill up past the smoke point.   Which I think isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to me.  I will say that when you are doing a long cook it is important to minimize the "bad" smoke, but when cooking a steak, it doesn't matter at all.  If you guys have never cut your own steaks and prepared them it is incredibly easy.

I just love my cast pan and love using it. It's taken a long time to put that season on her and it's my prized possession now lol 

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I just love my cast pan and love using it. It's taken a long time to put that season on her and it's my prized possession now lol 

Oh I know buddy! I have an 11 and a 8 Griswold that I used a few times a week.  I would't trade them for the world.  I bought almost a complete set from a neighbor/friend (11-3), two months later he was killed in a car accident, so there is that too.

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

You can eat your pan fried steak while wearing a bowtie & cutting off dime size pieces & chewing them with your nose in the air Pierre'  ... the best steak comes off a grill!

Wont even order steak at a restaurant - will just be a disappointment...

let's see your setup for cooking  US Select T-Bones, mumbling Michigan Salt Bae.....

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Same. I literally use mine almost every day for everything and it never leaves the stovetop.

1 hour ago, Seatofmypants said:

Ill cook them that way all the time.  I can go either way....grill...... or cast iron with butter for about 3 minutes a side then thrown in a 550 degree oven for 2 minutes and a 10 minute rest......  But I will occasionally dip my steak in a small glass dish of Memphis.

I've been getting choice or better lip on ribeye roasts from sysco and cutting my own steaks lately after they age in the cryo for about 5 weeks after the pack date.....my oh my.  Not at good as a dry age, but pretty damn good, and easier for me to age as I am in and out of our catering fridge all the time!     

Have you done one of those butter encased dry ages?

Neal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I hear ya.  These are used almost daily and just left on the stove.

960692EC-4A42-4F7A-813D-4A5286AF0C3F.thumb.jpeg.cbf44d653f9e7b33ee3147d4a3b73a34.jpeg

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

this, rib eyes are cut from a rib roast . Not sliced they are still a roast.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

The taste comes from the fat, not the tendon. That's what they are cutting out.

Read & learn Pierre...!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Cast Iron is a perfectly acceptable way to cook a steak you idiot. We've been seasoning our cast pan for over 10 years and it will cook a piece of meat that rivals any grill. You're ignorant and obviously dont know how to cook

Yea if you're a citiot! :lol:

Cast iron is great for cooking - but not for a steak!

48 minutes ago, frenchy said:

let's see your setup for cooking  US Select T-Bones, mumbling Michigan Salt Bae.....

Same. I literally use mine almost every day for everything and it never leaves the stovetop.

Cooked a 2.5 lb Tomahawk Sun night on the grill - that was infuckingcredible good. Smoke flavor you can't get with your faggot frying pan ... :hay:

23 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

2019maccheese.jpg

:bc:

Neal

Looks damn good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Yea if you're a citiot! :lol:

Cast iron is great for cooking - but not for a steak!

Actually finishing a steak in a cast iron skillet with some clarified butter and garlic is about as good as it gets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Cast Iron is a perfectly acceptable way to cook a steak you idiot. We've been seasoning our cast pan for over 10 years and it will cook a piece of meat that rivals any grill. You're ignorant and obviously dont know how to cook

spot on,  salt and pepper,  sear in the pan then tossed in the oven to a perfect medium rare.  Only way I cook filets the few times a year i get them for the wife.  

Strips i always cook on the grill,  got a few in the fridge so that will be tonights dinner.  

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

faggots with their frying pans ...

LOL.gif.06bb9b80bb43a0ba7ed4eac76826e848.gif

:lol:  I know, I like my cast iron pans but I’m not gonna get balls deep arguing about them.  Ribeyes, strips, filets grill, pan whatever.  Although I did a reverse sear on some lamb chops a couple weeks ago....omg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

:lol:  I know, I like my cast iron pans but I’m not gonna get balls deep arguing about them.  Ribeyes, strips, filets grill, pan whatever.  Although I did a reverse sear on some lamb chops a couple weeks ago....omg.

Cast iron is the best ...but no steak is going in them :bc:

• Thanks 1