Check your account email address ×

Probably the best fucking steak I've ever had

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

And often it is not cut steak but roast, so it's not a huge misgiving thinking it part of a roast.

The steak looked excellent BTW.  :bc:

Neal

If it quacks like a duck...

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

The roll can be cut like a steak,.and it isn't bad.

Ben's looked very well prepared, IMO.

Neal

It's a ribeye from the 5th rib. To call it a roast is idiocy

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Does this look like a roast

Photo-Apr-12-12-59-50-PM.jpg

19 minutes ago, frenchy said:

A roast :lol: 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So dumb lol

Take that bone off and...

chuck-roast-e1468203514602.jpg

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Do you often buy a 12 oz roast :lol:

Analer keeps pot roasts in his pockets for a snack. 

2 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

The faggot cooked the roast in the frying pan - he didn't even grill it 

:lol: wtf

Lol you’re so ignorant 

6 hours ago, frenchy said:

Analer keeps pot roasts in his pockets for a snack. 

Lol you’re so ignorant 

You can eat your pan fried steak while wearing a bowtie & cutting off dime size pieces & chewing them with your nose in the air Pierre'  ... the best steak comes off a grill!

Wont even order steak at a restaurant - will just be a disappointment...

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The roll can be cut like a steak,.and it isn't bad.

Ben's looked very well prepared, IMO.

Neal

this, rib eyes are cut from a rib roast . Not sliced they are still a roast.

28 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

You can eat your pan fried steak while wearing a bowtie & cutting off dime size pieces & chewing them with your nose in the air Pierre'  ... the best steak comes off a grill!

Wont even order steak at a restaurant - will just be a disappointment...

Cast Iron is a perfectly acceptable way to cook a steak you idiot. We've been seasoning our cast pan for over 10 years and it will cook a piece of meat that rivals any grill. You're ignorant and obviously dont know how to cook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Advertising Member
26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Cast Iron is a perfectly acceptable way to cook a steak you idiot. We've been seasoning our cast pan for over 10 years and it will cook a piece of meat that rivals any grill. You're ignorant and obviously dont know how to cook

Ill cook them that way all the time.  I can go either way....grill...... or cast iron with butter for about 3 minutes a side then thrown in a 550 degree oven for 2 minutes and a 10 minute rest......  But I will occasionally dip my steak in a small glass dish of Memphis.

I've been getting choice or better lip on ribeye roasts from sysco and cutting my own steaks lately after they age in the cryo for about 5 weeks after the pack date.....my oh my.  Not at good as a dry age, but pretty damn good, and easier for me to age as I am in and out of our catering fridge all the time!     

Edited by Seatofmypants

3 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Ill cook them that way all the time.  I can go either way....grill...... or cast iron with butter for about 3 minutes a side then thrown in a 550 degree oven for 2 minutes and a 10 minute rest......  But I will occasionally dip my steak in a small glass dish of Memphis.

I've been getting choice or better lip on ribeye roasts from sysco and cutting my own steaks lately after they age in the cryo for about 5 weeks after the pack date.....my oh my.  Not at good as a dry age, but pretty damn good, and easy for em as I am in and out of our catering fridge all the time!     

Absolutely.....we will buy whole tenderloins from time to time and use them for all kinds of stuff. Obviously the roll gets cut into filets but the rest of the loin makes excellent kabobs or stir fry or whatever you like

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This reminds me to put the cast iron on the grill. You can really get the pan hot and not smoke up the house. It’s been a while since I’ve done it. I believe they call it New Orleans Blackend? You use a 3/4 cut New York,it’s black on the out side and blood red on the inside.