Check your account email address ×

Facial recognition and the social citizen score

Just now, Momorider said:

I am really wondering how this software could tell one chink from the next :dunno: they all look the same :flush: 

I believe that you believe that

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just because the tools exist does not mean they are automatically in play.

EXACTLY!  Again, my point is, try not to walk around like a doofus turning on all the "on" switches.

But, like I said, we just don't care anymore.  

4 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I am really wondering how this software could tell one chink from the next :dunno: they all look the same :flush: 

Whenever I hear a "they all look the same" comment, it just says you are with a lot of your own "kind".  That's what makes others who are different look similar, you don't see them regularly.  It's not a crime, nor is it a bad thing.  I bet Moto can't tell one from another either.  

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

If you’re not doing anything wrong, what’s the big deal? 

Exactly! They should have all of the terrorists snatched up in about a week then we can go back to normal. Amirite?

Just now, Anler said:

Exactly! They should have all of the terrorists snatched up in about a week then we can go back to normal. Amirite?

They will only be targeting people who are against the people, dummy. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If you’re not doing anything wrong, what’s the big deal? 

It's a joke but there is a lot of truth to it.  So much so that the majority feel that way.  Oh, I know...they all disagree with it on obscure sled sites but, in reality, like I said, we are giving up our privacy rights as fast as we can anyway as some of us bitch and complain to "Alexa" about it.

Comical.  When was the last time anyone here bought a money order?

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

The government will willingly lay down its power DUH!

• Gold Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

It's a joke but there is a lot of truth to it.  So much so that the majority feel that way.  Oh, I know...they all disagree with it on obscure sled sites but, in reality, like I said, we are giving up our privacy rights as fast as we can anyway as some of us bitch and complain to "Alexa" about it.

Comical.  When was the last time anyone here bought a money order?

My idiot neighbor feel that way.....as long as Republicans have control.

• Gold Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Nailed it.

Maybe explain to them the now infamous "Nuclear Option" as a metaphor.  

Its hopeless, she listens to Rush and Glen Beck.

On a humorous note, she also punched my retired NYSP neighbor when they got in argument. It was quite hilarious!!

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Whenever I hear a "they all look the same" comment, it just says you are with a lot of your own "kind".  That's what makes others who are different look similar, you don't see them regularly.  It's not a crime, nor is it a bad thing.  I bet Moto can't tell one from another either.  

I take it you have never been to Asia either, take it from someone who has been around millions and millions of Chinks they all look the same centuries of inbreeding does that. :)

41 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Would you expand on this, please?

Well, when they start to change the definition of waterways the government makes it easier to slowly control the land that you own.  Then they can use it as they see fit for the public.  Just a small example.

Just now, Momorider said:

I take it you have never been to Asia either, take it from someone who has been around millions and millions of Chinks they all look the same centuries of inbreeding does that. :)

Yeah, been to Japan and Korea.  I see what you are saying.  But my statement still stands.  HOWEVER,  them all having the same hair color and their inability to grow facial hair does make them look more similar.  You know how you can put a knife in your own argument?  Look at the women.  You'll see features you don't pay attention to with men.  That goes for all races.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Well, when they start to change the definition of waterways the government makes it easier to slowly control the land that you own.  Then they can use it as they see fit for the public.  Just a small example.

Do you have a "for instance"?  Here in NY on my lake we own to the water but really only "own" to the highe water mark. Anyone can walk across our beach and we can say nothing provided they are under the high water mark.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Do you have a "for instance"?  Here in NY on my lake we own to the water but really only "own" to the highe water mark. Anyone can walk across our beach and we can say nothing provided they are under the high water mark.

The Riparian Rights deal  has been open to interpretation here as well and caused some issues.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Little by little we allow our rights to freedom slide.  Facial recognition is going to one of the biggest steps.  We get used to the idea a little bit at a time and pretty soon we act like it is normal.

The technology is now being sold as a convenience.  You can get through lines at the airport faster.  Log in to your toys etc. faster.

I remember when I first saw incoming non-citizens doing required face scans at the airport.  My first thought was big brother will have us all doing that pretty soon.  It didn't take long.

• Gold Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

That issue has been open to interpretation here as well and caused some issues.

Yeah its caused issue here as well. Especially concerning docks.

3 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Little by little we allow our rights to freedom slide.  Facial recognition is going to one of the biggest steps.  We get used to the idea a little bit at a time and pretty soon we act like it is normal.

The technology is now being sold as a convenience.  You can get through lines at the airport faster.  Log in to your toys etc. faster.

I remember when I first saw incoming non-citizens doing required face scans at the airport.  My first thought was big brother will have us all doing that pretty soon.  It didn't take long.

OK....not even mentioned!!!!  How many here are impressed as hell about the new Iphone that uses your face to unlock it?  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

OK....not even mentioned!!!!  How many here are impressed as hell about the new Iphone that uses your face to unlock it?  :lol: 

Glad you mentioned that...I don’t have one but I was thinking about those when this topic came up.