Check your account email address ×

2020 cat 800 dominates the dyno

9 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Ranked in what?? Oh ya Snowcross and Cross Country the only racing that counts to the Cat crew. No Eagle River no Iron Dog or Jackson Hole. Cat needs to start winning in the markets not just on the track. Congrats on the Soo, it sure helped to sell all those outdated Cats. Not really. 🙄  

:lol: 

XC and SX are the only ones that matter in the R and D arena.  Jackson fucking Hole?  Hill climb racing?   :lol: Once a year, one-off endurance sled racing?   :lol:Eagle river ice ovals?   :lol:

Stop white knighting for Poo.  You own a real sled now.  Act like it.  :lol2:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck what most people want.  I said this back when I was on a Doo but, they should have filed bankruptcy, reconsolidated, stayed private and just built a line of performance specific sled products.  

This is why they are a distant 3rd.....

Building what people don't want is a piss poor business plan!

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

This is why they are a distant 3rd.....

Building what people don't want is a piss poor business plan!

:thumbsup:

They aren’t a “distant third” though.  Sales in NA put Cat just a bit behind Poo.

The only one that is “distant” at all is Doo.  If you are buying or bragging based on sales numbers and don’t have a Doo well, they make signs for that.

2nd in sales, third in racing but, 1st in SOTY awards and blown engines.  NICE!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Duke KaBoom said:

The new cat 800 will be within 10% of the 850’s HP easy 

that’s a drivers race 

So up to 17 les hp would not be a win. If it isn't under 5% i wouldn't be very happy.

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

No one does damage control for cat better than zammy.  He's like momo and trumps schlong 

LOL!

Damage control=facts.

Poolaiders have always been a most curious bunch. “We’re number two in sales and #3 in racing but....we outsell Cat!!!!  Hooray!!!!”

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

at least they sell something people want,  whose dumb enough to buy a cat unless they completely whore it out

Sorry sal :bc:  

Errrrrhmmmmmmm....!!!!!!

My friend has 800 cat that has a offset keyway and a clutch kit, the thing is fast but shit in the skid and other places is always breaking, but the engine seems reliable.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

They aren’t a “distant third” though.  Sales in NA put Cat just a bit behind Poo.

The only one that is “distant” at all is Doo.  If you are buying or bragging based on sales numbers and don’t have a Doo well, they make signs for that.

2nd in sales, third in racing but, 1st in SOTY awards and blown engines.  NICE!

I'd like to see sales numbers from each of the manufacturers. I checked the data we had at work but it was wheeled vehicles only.

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Oh fuck.  Forgot about his.

Most reliable, most tested, most tremendous!

When I asked a Polaris engineer all i got back was no comment but they were just as surprised about that claim as everyone else. Must have come out of marketing.

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'd like to see sales numbers from each of the manufacturers. I checked the data we had at work but it was wheeled vehicles only.

The numbers for WW sales are usually posted in a few spots on HCS.  NA numbers are harder to come by.  One of the rags broke it down last year or the year before and said that they were so close in sales it was negligible.  :dunno:  

New unit sales numbers have always been a weird bragging point to me.  But, we all gotta throw the shit we are given.   :lmao:

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Most reliable, most tested, most tremendous!

When I asked a Polaris engineer all i got back was no comment but they were just as surprised about that claim as everyone else. Must have come out of marketing.

Yeah, I think his 2016 burned down too and he went through hell trying to get the warranty paid.  What a cluster fuck that shit was.  He knows sleds and knows what he is doing too.  His sleds are maintained very, very well.  He’s a die hard Poo guy for sure.