Check your account email address ×

2020 cat 800 dominates the dyno

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Reevester said:

Spot on. Gland I ordered another one. :bc:

Didn't think they made the plain Indy 800 SP anymore in the 121?  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I got an 850. Think they still do though. 

Not in the 121 800 base model.  Think the SP only comes in 600 in 129 and 137.  Wish they at least put an 800 in that model. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Duke KaBoom said:

I’m pretty excite tbh I haven’t treated myself to a new sled since my 2010 CFR 800 which was by far the fastest 800 I’ve ever owned 

if the new cat can have similar performance to it but be such a nicer sled to ride I’ll be happy 

I love anticipating a new sled buy.  Or “new to me” even.  I’m already excited about my next one but no idea what yet.  I’m just not “ga-ga” over anything right now.

56 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

There’s a few Around here. Guys are racing the pro cross now in 500’ drags and having really good success. But they’re using the ones with the Zuk engine 

Plenty of Cats and Poos up here.  Doos are kinda scarce.  It’s weird how regions vary on sled numbers.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I love anticipating a new sled buy.  Or “new to me” even.  I’m already excited about my next one but no idea what yet.  I’m just not “ga-ga” over anything right now.

Plenty of Cats and Poos up here.  Doos are kinda scarce.  It’s weird how regions vary on sled numbers.

We’re heavily doo but have a really good doo dealer while poo and cat ones are unstable 

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Ahh. I forgot about the short indy's. Figured you ment XC. :bc:

In the base Indy SP (base XC basically) they only offer the 600.  

600's are for kids or girls.   Just ask @Zambroski:lol:

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

Just now, Duke KaBoom said:

We’re heavily doo but have a really good doo dealer while poo and cat ones are unstable 

I’m not real sure of our dealer situations anymore but, my old dealer (Doo) sells Poo also and they do pretty well.  Owner is a good guy.  The one close Cat/Yammi dealer are buffoonery retards of the highest order.  There are two more around I’ve heard good things about though.  Nobody I know uses dealers.  We all work on our own stuff and there’s enough retired Cat gurus with Corp contacts around that have private little shops to help out if needed.  We all get our parts through Country Cat or race shops.   

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Probably what I'll buy the wife next and the kid can grow into it, or a used XC 600 maybe. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pretty sure this was racist (I don’t know what the left calls negative connotations against girls or kids).

Check yoself before you wreck yoself!!!!

:lol:

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I'd go good dealer over brand any day.

Its definitely playing into decisions with dealers going by the wayside so often anymore.

Owner of the dealership where I got my Sidewinder died so they closed....now its an extra 1 1/2 hours to the closest dealer.  

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not real sure of our dealer situations anymore but, my old dealer (Doo) sells Poo also and they do pretty well.  Owner is a good guy.  The one close Cat/Yammi dealer are buffoonery retards of the highest order.  There are two more around I’ve heard good things about though.  Nobody I know uses dealers.  We all work on our own stuff and there’s enough retired Cat gurus with Corp contacts around that have private little shops to help out if needed.  We all get our parts through Country Cat or race shops.   

Our doo dealer is fantastic. The parts department is top notch 

i wanted to try this new cat because it may be a rocket with the new engine and is still allowed in the 800 class where the 850’s aren’t so that’s gay

if it’s not faster than the old CFR I needed a new trail sled anyway 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its definitely playing into decisions with dealers going by the wayside so often anymore.

Owner of the dealership where I got my Sidewinder died so they closed....now its an extra 1 1/2 hours to the closest dealer.  

The sport is dying for many reasons.  It’s sad.

2 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Our doo dealer is fantastic. The parts department is top notch 

i wanted to try this new cat because it may be a rocket with the new engine and is still allowed in the 800 class where the 850’s aren’t so that’s gay

if it’s not faster than the old CFR I needed a new trail sled anyway 

Some good clutching and possible gearing work and it can be whatever you want.  One thing Poo has done pretty well is dialed in their clutching.  Doo was real good until the last couple of years I think.  Cat’s has been a mess.  First thing I’d do is toss the secondary.  

52 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm sticking with my class leading 205hp for another year.

I’m interested In trying a new T cat someday but letting cat get their clutching shit figured out 

I hear the cat is actually having less issues than the Yamaha version though 

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Some good clutching and possible gearing work and it can be whatever you want.  One thing Poo has done pretty well is dialed in their clutching.  Doo was real good until the last couple of years I think.  Cat’s has been a mess.  First thing I’d do is toss the secondary.  

The 800 stock class here is so competitive here you need every edge you can get. If the new cat is even one length faster that’s the W right there 

Just now, Duke KaBoom said:

The 800 stock class here is so competitive here you need every edge you can get. If the new cat is even one length faster that’s the W right there 

Cat needs to keep their 800's with low power so their clutching doesn't grenade. High 140's is about it for them. 

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

Fixed :bc: 

Trying too hard.  It’s what Poo guys do though.

:lmao:

18 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

I’m interested In trying a new T cat someday but letting cat get their clutching shit figured out 

I hear the cat is actually having less issues than the Yamaha version though 

I know a few really good clutch guys that have seemingly dedicated their lives to the turbo clutching.  Weirdos but damn good.

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat needs to keep their 800's with low power so their clutching doesn't grenade. High 140's is about it for them. 

Again.

Where does the poo clutch “grenade”...2000 miles?  So same as the mil then.  It makes sense.

20 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

You drag racers are funny to me.  My old man was one.  That’s why I’m so fucked up.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Trying too hard.  It’s what Poo guys do though.

:lmao:

I know a few really good clutch guys that have seemingly dedicated their lives to the turbo clutching.  Weirdos but damn good.

Again.

Where does the poo clutch “grenade”...2000 miles?  So same as the mil then.  It makes sense.

Well my poo has already doubled its projected lifespan! :bc: