Check your account email address ×

2020 cat 800 dominates the dyno

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I remember you telling me, you stole it.. How many miles were on it?

7200. Paid $3800,but got the big windshield as a spare, 2 oil change kits, and used take off shocks for the RMK. I think he also gave me a shirt and a hat?😂 he calls me every spring asking me to make cash offers on all of his used inventory. He doesn’t want to store them or sit on all of that cash. New spare belt was also thrown in.

Edited by Woodtick

• Platinum Contributing Member

Perfect, just over break in! Will be a good sled for you,..put Dupont slides on it when they need replacing

• Like 1

Any stupid fukker that would spend 50K on a trail sled, has got to be looking for a place to spend illegal gotten cash, that they cann,t put in a bank. Unfortunately, there is a lot of that around, in both Canada and the USA.

When you see folks that haven,t worked at a legitimate job for 30 years driving around the latest and greatest high powered trucks, cars  and boats, and many other high priced toys, it should raise flags for the local law enforcement.  A net worth should be done on some of these owners, so they could prove how they can legitimately afford the lifestyle they have. 

Just now, Frostynuts said:

Any stupid fukker that would spend 50K on a trail sled, has got to be looking for a place to spend illegal gotten cash, that they cann,t put in a bank. Unfortunately, there is a lot of that around, in both Canada and the USA.

When you see folks that haven,t worked at a legitimate job for 30 years driving around the latest and greatest high powered trucks, cars  and boats, and many other high priced toys, it should raise flags for the local law enforcement.  A net worth should be done on some of these owners, so they could prove how they can legitimately afford the lifestyle they have. 

Theres a lot of rich people out there

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  That’s part of it but, just part.  Fact is, nobody has to have that kind of scratch laying around to get a nice sled and jump into the sport.  A new “entry level” sled will run $6-7k.  You can snatch up great used sleds for $4-6...even less. The problem is, these kids just want the “biggest and baddest” (XRS, RR, XCR) or they’ll take nothing at all so, that’s what they get...nothing.  Because they can’t afford it.  Sweet fuck what is wrong with these kids?  I learned to ride on shit held together with hopes, duct tape and wire hanger welds.....and learned to fix it all as It broke.  

“Entry level”= a pretty bad ass sled without the fancy shocks or the bold poser graphics.  My god...my first new sled was almost top of the line at the time and couldn’t compete.against anything entry level now.  Smh.

I remember holding the throttle cable in my hand to get me home when the throttle broke on the SNOJET I was riding.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I remember holding the throttle cable in my hand to get me home when the throttle broke on the SNOJET I was riding.

Man, we had some real pieces of shit.  I mean, just amazing.  Most were barely even good enough to make it to the “throw away” level.  But that was all part of it and part of being in and loving motorsports.  

Those were some of the most fondest memories of my life.

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Man, we had some real pieces of shit.  I mean, just amazing.  Most were barely even good enough to make it to the “throw away” level.  But that was all part of it and part of being in and loving motorsports.  

Those were some of the most fondest memories of my life.

Yep and I had to fix it with the shitty tools and parts I had.

No daddy taking it to the dealer and paying to get it fixed.

• Like 1