Check your account email address ×

Meme thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

lots of cops hate the 9,  thats why they do 40mm in a lot of departments after 9's not putting people down.  

Many have since gone to a .357 sig. My preffered round too.

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

4 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Wouldn't more tumbling lead to a bigger exit wound?  That's what I took away from it.   I did some digging other places too and found that there are all sorts of variations to 5.56 ammo.  FMJ, open tip, soft tip, 55 grain, 62 grain, 68 grain, etc.  It's fun to learn new stuff, but honestly, I think I more than proved that the hole size represented in @Skidooski 's meme is more than plausible, and thus he remains a moron.  I think XLT has just been wound up extra tight by Snoslinger today and needs to cut loose with some beer or something and sit out by his lake for a bit.

You proved you’re fucking ignorant to facts. 

3 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Fiddy got shot 9 times by a 9mm and he’s still breathing.  In my amateur opinion that would have been far less likely had it been any variety of 5.56 which by the way can expand as well if you opt for open tips

I never brought up .45’s.  But I did own one once just to try it.  Sucker weighed like 40 oz. and gave me a little buzz.

.ER doctors from Vegas and Patkland say the wounds are far worse than what they typically see.  

Yes because the fucking bullet fragments as it tumbles. By that, the bullet is not expanding since it is breaking apart, therefor can’t leave an enormous exit wound BECAUSE IT HASNT FUCKING EXPANDED but transformed into little pieces!! Wtf. Arguing with you is pointless.

X.C: well in my amateur opinion, I heard it from a friend who has a dog that was bred by the sister of a doctor who obviously knows more than someone who taught ballistics and has seen more haj pumped full of 5.56 than that doctor will ever see in his 40 year career..

But yeah, go with your theory. Sounds accurate. I actually heard 5.56 doomsday bumpstock flamethrower death machine puts basketball sized exit wounds, poisons the victim, and can hit a target from 3 miles away at full auto shooting super clips of 92 magnum bullets. 

And to not be a fuck ruining the thread, here is a meme.

F01A32CD-ABB7-4255-A44B-2529C2C8A141.thumb.jpeg.3233a7ce36b26eddabdfaa38ea2e3349.jpeg

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Many have since gone to a .357 sig. My preffered round too.

10mm ftw. Not to knock on the Sig, nice round too. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

lots of cops hate the 9,  thats why they do 40mm in a lot of departments after 9's not putting people down.  

.40 cal. Same diameter as the 10mm, but the 10 has more "fuck you". Snappy round, fast, minimal recoil.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/10mm_Auto

9 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

Mic drop. What a fuckin' asshole. And to think how he BROWNED AMERICA forever with secret immigrants. Motherfucker. 

17 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

You proved you’re fucking ignorant to facts. 

Yes because the fucking bullet fragments as it tumbles. By that, the bullet is not expanding since it is breaking apart, therefor can’t leave an enormous exit wound BECAUSE IT HASNT FUCKING EXPANDED but transformed into little pieces!! Wtf. Arguing with you is pointless.

X.C: well in my amateur opinion, I heard it from a friend who has a dog that was bred by the sister of a doctor who obviously knows more than someone who taught ballistics and has seen more haj pumped full of 5.56 than that doctor will ever see in his 40 year career..

But yeah, go with your theory. Sounds accurate. I actually heard 5.56 doomsday bumpstock flamethrower death machine puts basketball sized exit wounds, poisons the victim, and can hit a target from 3 miles away at full auto shooting super clips of 92 magnum bullets. 

And to not be a fuck ruining the thread, here is a meme.

F01A32CD-ABB7-4255-A44B-2529C2C8A141.thumb.jpeg.3233a7ce36b26eddabdfaa38ea2e3349.jpeg

I agree that they can and usually do fragment.  I've read that some brands, types fragment more or less than others.  Distance to target which effect impact velocity as well as yaw angle at impact also help determine the distance into the target at which the bullet begins to yaw and break up.  What part of the body is impacted (organs, bone) and the thickness of the tissue will determine yaw, breakup, and exit wound severity.  If the bullet fully breaks up before exiting there will still be what people in your field would refer to as a "permanent cavity" which according to Martin Fackler (I hope he meets your stringent qualifications)  says to by typically around 7 cm.  The typical orange is around that size.  The meme Dumbski posted in an attempt to discredit the protester shows a hole size for an AR15 that looks to be supported by qualified sources.

I learned a lot from my second source below also.  Apparently, the same round from the same batch, fired from the same gun can behave very inconsistently in terms of yaw from one round to the next.  See page 6, figures 6 and 7. 

This is all stuff I'm nearly positive you already knew and I don't think you're dumb by any means.  Why you thought you needed to lie in order to "one up" me is wierd, but we all have our bad days I guess.

http://ciar.org/ttk/mbt/papers/misc/paper.x.small-arms.wounding-ballistics.patterns_of_military_rifle_bullets.fackler.unk.html

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a519801.pdf

Below:  same rounds, same gun, different terminal ballistics:

yaw.jpg

2 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I agree that they can and usually do fragment.  I've read that some brands, types fragment more or less than others.  Distance to target which effect impact velocity as well as yaw angle at impact also help determine the distance into the target at which the bullet begins to yaw and break up.  What part of the body is impacted (organs, bone) and the thickness of the tissue will determine yaw, breakup, and exit wound severity.  If the bullet fully breaks up before exiting there will still be what people in your field would refer to as a "permanent cavity" which according to Martin Fackler (I hope he meets your stringent qualifications)  says to by typically around 7 cm.  The typical orange is around that size.  The meme Dumbski posted in an attempt to discredit the protester shows a hole size for an AR15 that looks to be supported by qualified sources.

I learned a lot from my second source below also.  Apparently, the same round from the same batch, fired from the same gun can behave very inconsistently in terms of yaw from one round to the next.  See page 6, figures 6 and 7. 

This is all stuff I'm nearly positive you already knew and I don't think you're dumb by any means.  Why you thought you needed to lie in order to "one up" me is wierd, but we all have our bad days I guess.

http://ciar.org/ttk/mbt/papers/misc/paper.x.small-arms.wounding-ballistics.patterns_of_military_rifle_bullets.fackler.unk.html

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a519801.pdf

Below:  same rounds, same gun, different terminal ballistics:

yaw.jpg

Started new thread. Go there. 

• Like 1