Check your account email address ×

Electric Snowmobile, what do you think?

Would be fine with me if the performance was there but with a battery I would be concerned about 2 things, range and cold weather draining the battery faster than normal. Cold charging too. 

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

Would be fine with me if the performance was there but with a battery I would be concerned about 2 things, range and cold weather draining the battery faster than normal. Cold charging too. 

With that range this is for the guy that isn’t going very far. It won’t work for most of us.

16 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

No thanks.  I wouldn't leave the hotel with enough gas to go 60 miles.  For something like ice fishing, utility, or local riding it might be ok.

So what happens if you're out in the middle of the lake and the thing dies on you? The only way I see of getting it/you home is if someone brings out one long extension cord hooked to shore power somewhere or they bring out a Genny. I "assume" it could be towed buy another one of these that still had power or a regular sled, but what a PIA that would be. 

33 minutes ago, Edmo said:

With that range this is for the guy that isn’t going very far. It won’t work for most of us.

Most guys here don't even own a sled!

Few times this winter, this is all I would've needed.

If it had a 2-300km range.....

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Back in the day GE marketed a all electric lawn tractor. Never caught on.

One of my customers has a Ryobi electric lawn tractor. Big lawn and stays charged for the whole thing.Needless to say he drives a Tesla too.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, awful knawful said:

Most guys here don't even own a sled!

Few times this winter, this is all I would've needed.

If it had a 2-300km range.....

Wouldn't be surprised to see rental ops going with them.

7 minutes ago, irv said:

So what happens if you're out in the middle of the lake and the thing dies on you? The only way I see of getting it/you home is if someone brings out one long extension cord hooked to shore power somewhere or they bring out a Genny. I "assume" it could be towed buy another one of these that still had power or a regular sled, but what a PIA that would be. 

A rope, crazy carpet, easy peasy!

Same with gas ones.....

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

One of my customers has a Ryobi electric lawn tractor. Big lawn and stays charged for the whole thing.Needless to say he drives a Tesla too.

Battery improvements have come a long way since the 1970's

8 minutes ago, irv said:

Tow it just like any other sled?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My neighbor has a Ryobi electric zero turn. It's sweet. He let me try it out and I really liked it. Looks like this.

ryobi-zero-turn-mowers-ry48ztr100-64_1000.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

A rope, crazy carpet, easy peasy!

Same with gas ones.....

13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Tow it just like any other sled?

Assuming they can be towed, which I assume they can? 

My point was it will be a pain if it does run out of a charge, a gas powered one, not so much. 

52 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

My neighbor has a Ryobi electric zero turn. It's sweet. He let me try it out and I really liked it. Looks like this.

ryobi-zero-turn-mowers-ry48ztr100-64_1000.jpg

Those units are pretty sweet, no belts either.

This thing will be a “throw away” like those mid size sleds or that “Blade” boondoggle.   Who is going to service this thing?  Oh yes...it’s electric and therefore....maintenance free!!!  :lmao:Let’s be honest, the kind of people buying this aren’t going to have more than a handful of tools in the kitchen drawer (most will be bike and kayak tools).

If somebody fronts the “starts at $15k” they’d better plan to keep it for a long time.  

• Haha 1