Check your account email address ×

Brake Pad/Rotor Kits...suggestions

The 2014 F150 is in need of new pads\rotors and maybe even calipers (might just be caliper pins).  Do you have a package you've tried and been happy with?

Priced Autozone Gold or GT.

But looking at Power Stop Z36 combo.  Any experience with those?

https://www.powerstop.com/product/z36-truck-tow-brake-kit-with-calipers/#y=2014&mk=FORD&mo=F-150 PICKUP 4WD&ss=6 Lug&p=Front %26 Rear

• Gold Member

go to dealer buy the lifetime warranty package and never pay again . not much more than high end off the shelf.  both my f150 have gotten free sets on tthe fr and I am betting my 12 will get another set of fr pads this fall 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Callahan? 🤣

“You know, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s ass but wouldn’t you rather take the butcher’s word for it.”

Tom Callahan

:lol:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

“You know, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s ass but wouldn’t you rather take the butcher’s word for it.”

Tom Callahan

:lol:

I LMAO when Tommy Boy tried that one.....

Just did my 2012 F150 with Raybestos Element3 brakes all the way around.  Coated discs so they don't get too crusty.  They seem to work ok but the fitment was complete garbage.  Discs were rusted to the hubs.  Took quite a few blows with a BFH to get them free.  Air hammer them if you have one.  Clean up hub and spray with Fluid Film.

Got everything bolted up and the caliper wouldn't slide on one side.  Ended up ordering a warranty disc and set of pads that went on ok.  Quality control in PRC missed something here. 

If I were to do it again, I'd get the drilled and slotted Powerstop kit or OEM.

YTgG2mkOxCY6PkouJpdd2kiNmABmZVleZWqvWIJyAY4wBe2cA_DfIqkMOXwkeSa_tYCRhUGxdma-EtCz48Ydh5AKOPLIDUtDSM4D1xZFxMCA58A2cbUYa5HjPXROPYB_qni1h11N2p31euKRKFMBnnj5PtLGB1pzFXwLTmVYJbMOctFwwrqb2YqIq4bSBTenk4O0JWB3m-l4JcrBjY_Mwx-fRUamwy4Q1OvQ4S6yS_HTWk7hkorHEZxwUI40vWk1NwRSCYF4zOVVctYLhodsmz4LsCTGhtYslaodzsUmHoompvD8vr4AxXthzj7mtEIxAS-ZCBE5ftqL2dzs69I0hkVB0wEisDEq40YIV5hZ6s9Tu6eI8VRmj3OoiiKkOOHltp6FUmov0I7ZytHvG9_aFlwf4z5e0ODavmeyjyDb-nYOEhjGnw31wLr8EIrG-lExFBto3A--df-D2kS7VcAKeAX3YVNjr_bVYMJ3pNhAXlFQniRMnb_fLedSU1XkpwICJAoqOPElsxuzlXf6hSojC6RxV77fI6TftxTrgGIkD5YXYOY9Qq_WJLrtefaR0ps8NTL4kSfDfua6t7IUdd6jkg73mngXRStS8_fmPrHRBD0bcMq4dUG8bv50xtNyevqIkG_AsMViAsBdKDDPN6wbEtH8r4zHUfs=w1204-h903-no

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Just did my 2012 F150 with Raybestos Element3 brakes all the way around.  Coated discs so they don't get too crusty.  They seem to work ok but the fitment was complete garbage.  Discs were rusted to the hubs.  Took quite a few blows with a BFH to get them free.  Air hammer them if you have one.  Clean up hub and spray with Fluid Film.

Got everything bolted up and the caliper wouldn't slide on one side.  Ended up ordering a warranty disc and set of pads that went on ok.  Quality control in PRC missed something here. 

If I were to do it again, I'd get the drilled and slotted Powerstop kit or OEM.

YTgG2mkOxCY6PkouJpdd2kiNmABmZVleZWqvWIJyAY4wBe2cA_DfIqkMOXwkeSa_tYCRhUGxdma-EtCz48Ydh5AKOPLIDUtDSM4D1xZFxMCA58A2cbUYa5HjPXROPYB_qni1h11N2p31euKRKFMBnnj5PtLGB1pzFXwLTmVYJbMOctFwwrqb2YqIq4bSBTenk4O0JWB3m-l4JcrBjY_Mwx-fRUamwy4Q1OvQ4S6yS_HTWk7hkorHEZxwUI40vWk1NwRSCYF4zOVVctYLhodsmz4LsCTGhtYslaodzsUmHoompvD8vr4AxXthzj7mtEIxAS-ZCBE5ftqL2dzs69I0hkVB0wEisDEq40YIV5hZ6s9Tu6eI8VRmj3OoiiKkOOHltp6FUmov0I7ZytHvG9_aFlwf4z5e0ODavmeyjyDb-nYOEhjGnw31wLr8EIrG-lExFBto3A--df-D2kS7VcAKeAX3YVNjr_bVYMJ3pNhAXlFQniRMnb_fLedSU1XkpwICJAoqOPElsxuzlXf6hSojC6RxV77fI6TftxTrgGIkD5YXYOY9Qq_WJLrtefaR0ps8NTL4kSfDfua6t7IUdd6jkg73mngXRStS8_fmPrHRBD0bcMq4dUG8bv50xtNyevqIkG_AsMViAsBdKDDPN6wbEtH8r4zHUfs=w1204-h903-no

my wife has slotted  and drilled rotors put on her last benz . they were off in less than 30 days . deff feel it when you stab the peddle and dirty as fuck with dust 

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my wife has slotted  and drilled rotors put on her last benz . they were off in less than 30 days . deff feel it when you stab the peddle and dirty as fuck with dust 

Mine are slotted and drilled and work great. No issues 

On 5/31/2019 at 1:58 PM, Ez ryder said:

go to dealer buy the lifetime warranty package and never pay again . not much more than high end off the shelf.  both my f150 have gotten free sets on tthe fr and I am betting my 12 will get another set of fr pads this fall 

What dealer gives lifetime brake jobs?

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

What dealer gives lifetime brake jobs?

Not sure about dealers but I know from experience that O'Reilly's does, parts, not installations.

Edited by XCR1250