Check your account email address ×

Dogs in Home Depot

Now I understand working service dogs as I have a friend who has been blind all his life. Why the fuck do so many people feel the need to walk their fuckin dogs in Home Depot? The personal therapy dog thing is bullshit.

I understand the hot and cold issue of leaving them in cars but the last few months have been fine to leave your dog in the car. 

Yesterday I witnessed a huge dog fight in the appliance section of HD. As a customer I have to ask just WTF is HD thinking? 

A law suit should stop it when a customer gets bit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Now I understand working service dogs as I have a friend who has been blind all his life. Why the fuck do so many people feel the need to walk their fuckin dogs in Home Depot? The personal therapy dog thing is bullshit.

I understand the hot and cold issue of leaving them in cars but the last few months have been fine to leave your dog in the car. 

Yesterday I witnessed a huge dog fight in the appliance section of HD. As a customer I have to ask just WTF is HD thinking? 

A law suit should stop it when a customer gets bit.

They were fighting over the shit that rolled out your pant leg you senile lying FUCK :finger3: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

I agree with MC here and I'm dog guy.   My desire to have mine with me doesn't override those that don't want it in there.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree with MC here and I'm dog guy.   My desire to have mine with me doesn't override those that don't want it in there.  

My bro has real bad allergies to cats and dogs. He wouldn’t be too happy in that store.

Edited by Edmo

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

same-  i will take my dog in the car but certainly not taking him into the store

Just now, Angry ginger said:

same-  i will take my dog in the car but certainly not taking him into the store

Fact is some people have had bad experiences with dogs and are really afraid of them.   Not my right to impose that on them in public.   Leave them at home if its too warm.  

• Like 1

I personally don’t mind that much.  We are in a huge area of pet lovers.  People bring their dogs everywhere.  

HOWEVER, some of this is reaching levels it shouldn’t.  I was in HD some months ago and some dude had his Great Dane there.  Monster!  I’m not afraid of any dogs so I walked right up and petted him and stuck up a conversation.  However, it was clear the dog scared many customers.  How is this a good thing for companies?  How is it a smart thing?  It’s not.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Fact is some people have had bad experiences with dogs and are really afraid of them.   Not my right to impose that on them in public.   Leave them at home if its too warm.  

Yup.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The Indian folks that live around here are terrified of my dog. They scurry out of the way. He’s a real killer.

36437CA8-87E5-4EC1-8BED-CF690A45847C.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

i just leave the ac running if it's warm out.  

They need to crack down on this shit and start addressing the ones who drive everywhere with their fucking dog in lap half in the steering wheel 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The Indian folks that live around here are terrified of my dog. They scurry out of the way. He’s a real killer.

I look at him and see puncture wounds in my leg.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

They need to crack down on this shit and start addressing the ones who drive everywhere with their fucking dog in lap half in the steering wheel 

Drive through Duluth some time.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Drive through Duluth some time.  :lol:

Sat in Secretary of State a while back and watched a white fluffy purse dog piss right on the carpet. Owner did nothing! 

The local fan store welcomes dogs and they have a box of treats at the register...I’ve had a lot of people smile and ask if they could pet Sadie...they love it and she loves it. Had an old couple a couple weeks ago get the biggest smiles on their faces when they saw her...made me feel good.

22 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I don't mind as we like dogs, but I wouldn't take mine into a store.  

A few years back I was in a Bass Pro and there was a large dog running around as happy as could be playing with the kids all having a blast.  Then this new Canadian goes up to the owner and says "sir I am afraid for my life from your dog".  The owner shook his head and said "Really"?  Then called the dog who came put the leash on him and said to the new Canadian, "Sorry for ruining your day":lol:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bingo.  I’m a dog lover too but respect the fact that not everyone else is.  No one has a right to “impose” their dog on anyone, unless perhaps you go to their house on your own.  If you’re inviting me, don’t assume I don’t mind if your dog is jumping all over me, I’m fine but not everyone else is.  My sister in laws bf has 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks, which are not a breed you want to leave alone with children or other dogs.  Thankfully they were my buddies within minutes.  That said, I was at a Lions Club dinner last month and this dim bulb ditz of a woman thought it just fine to bring her fucking emotional support chihuahua with her and seat him at the the table across from me.  People like her are fucking pathetic. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

Emotional support animal is more a fad then what it’s intended to be in my opinion 

It not just your opinion.  It’s but another encroachment into other people’s lives by an emotional gang of half-wits who justify it because they are just needing attention from anything or anybody all the time.

Look at the shit going on with airlines.  Stupidity.  Your emotional Peacock? Lizard? Hamster? Snake? 

The emotional stress I would cause on one of these dumb fucking basket cases that sat next to me would send them into the next life.  Bye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1