Check your account email address ×

How Many People Actually Watch Fox News in America?

Who knew?

Fewer than you might think, actually. In fact, all three major networks, ABC, NBC, and CBS have far more viewers, individually for their news programming than Fox News. Far more. Fox has a fixed, conservative audience that often only watches Fox News. Here's an article that might shake up your estimates: 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/how-many-people-actually-watch-fox-news-in-america.html/ 

It’s hard to discuss cable-news viewership without Fox News ratings entering the conversation. Before long, you’ll hear how the network is the most watched on cable, about its hold on news audiences, and how influential it is with the president (himself a frequent TV watcher). 

In fact, when MSNBC managed to top Fox News in the ratings late in 2018, it became a story in its own right. The network boasted how it posted its best performance against Fox in nearly two decades, with Rachel Maddow leading the charge. 

But it can be revealing to learn just how many viewers watch these networks get on a nightly basis — and how they compare to legacy stations like NBC, ABC, and CBS. Once you dig into the numbers, the amount of people actually watching Fox News on a nightly basis might sound small. 

{snip} 

In the third quarter of 2018, ABC World News Tonight averaged over 8 million viewers, or more than three times the number of viewers taking in Fox News during prime time. NBC Nightly News (7.5 million viewers in Q3) also tripled the audiences measured by Nielsen.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A very small percentage of the population watch any of the cable news channels. It’s simply too disturbing for normal human beings. 

It’s all too fucked up for me. Haven’t had broadcast tv for years 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I like Dana Perino as well as Bill Hemmer....they are very fair and measured plus no hostility and arrogance from them like you see on MSNBC and CNN.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A very small percentage of the population watch any of the cable news channels. It’s simply too disturbing for normal human beings. 

That’s complete bullshit but we know you like to be edgy so..........it’s so de rigeur to trash Fox, or Rush or any other popular conservative news and opinion sources, all the useful idiots have already filled up that band wagon.  So I don’t need that kind of phony and ass backwards justification in my life.  You guys keep hating on them and they’ll keep growing their influence and credibility despite your efforts to delegitimize them.  

42 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Who knew?

Fewer than you might think, actually. In fact, all three major networks, ABC, NBC, and CBS have far more viewers, individually for their news programming than Fox News. Far more. Fox has a fixed, conservative audience that often only watches Fox News. Here's an article that might shake up your estimates: 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/how-many-people-actually-watch-fox-news-in-america.html/ 

It’s hard to discuss cable-news viewership without Fox News ratings entering the conversation. Before long, you’ll hear how the network is the most watched on cable, about its hold on news audiences, and how influential it is with the president (himself a frequent TV watcher). 

In fact, when MSNBC managed to top Fox News in the ratings late in 2018, it became a story in its own right. The network boasted how it posted its best performance against Fox in nearly two decades, with Rachel Maddow leading the charge. 

But it can be revealing to learn just how many viewers watch these networks get on a nightly basis — and how they compare to legacy stations like NBC, ABC, and CBS. Once you dig into the numbers, the amount of people actually watching Fox News on a nightly basis might sound small. 

{snip} 

In the third quarter of 2018, ABC World News Tonight averaged over 8 million viewers, or more than three times the number of viewers taking in Fox News during prime time. NBC Nightly News (7.5 million viewers in Q3) also tripled the audiences measured by Nielsen.

What do you think this means?   

Fox News isn’t responsible for the right wing mass indoctrination of  Americans? 

Could it be Americans turned on left wing ideologies all on their own?????

holy shit ,  this is blowing my mind. All this time I have been blaming Fox News for poisoning the minds of Americans, and turns out people are figuring out Hillary is a cunt all on their own.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My wife watches that David Muir dude. Personaly by the time it comes on Ive already heard about anything of interest to me.

He is on ABC news. I watch that too. 

43 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That’s complete bullshit but we know you like to be edgy so..........it’s so de rigeur to trash Fox, or Rush or any other popular conservative news and opinion sources, all the useful idiots have already filled up that band wagon.  So I don’t need that kind of phony and ass backwards justification in my life.  You guys keep hating on them and they’ll keep growing their influence and credibility despite your efforts to delegitimize them.  

Does rush still have his motto, “I’ll tell you how to think”? It’s a perfect fit for his audience. 

21 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve been watching CBS local news a few time a week. It seems to be a little less fake and less drama. Fox is getting as stupid as CNN. 

WGN channel 9 for local news you stupid Mook! :bigfinger:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

WGN channel 9 for local news you stupid Mook! :bigfinger:

That one too. The wife likes 2 because a few of the older news casters live in her parents Hood. You know how those Beverly ballers stick together?:wacko:

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That one too. The wife likes 2 because a few of the older news casters live in her parents Hood. You know how those Beverly ballers stick together?:wacko:

Joel Daly lived in my neighborhood growing up. Used to see him all the time getting coffee at the 7-11. Steve Dahl and Kevin Matthews were also locals. Both dicks btw. LOL

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Anler said:

Joel Daly lived in my neighborhood growing up. Used to see him all the time getting coffee at the 7-11. Steve Dahl and Kevin Matthews were also locals. Both dicks btw. LOL

This Steve Dahl? 

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

funny just how overly obsessed the left is with a station they say almost no one watches .

...and thread after thread is started when a Maddow time slot beats Hannity...or whatever. LOL!

9C923D29-25AB-4277-9231-ED6ABB832FA7.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

...and thread after thread is started when a Maddow time slot beats Hannity...or whatever. LOL!

9C923D29-25AB-4277-9231-ED6ABB832FA7.jpeg

I go into a lot of bars &. Restaurants and rarely  is Fox News  on.   ESPN or CNN mostly. 

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve been watching CBS local news a few time a week. It seems to be a little less fake and less drama. Fox is getting as stupid as CNN. 

Thats the thing.  Watch what you want, hopefully from multiple sources and alternate viewpoints.  Draw your own conclusions.  Wall Street Journal is really good for a daily read, that covers most everything, has both sides, and down the middle as well. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Does rush still have his motto, “I’ll tell you how to think”? It’s a perfect fit for his audience. 

I dont listen to him everyday, but I cant say that Ive ever heard him say such a thing.  But tell your peer group what ever you want.  We’ll never chamge each others mind.

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats the thing.  Watch what you want, hopefully from multiple sources and alternate viewpoints.  Draw your own conclusions.  Wall Street Journal is really good for a daily read, that covers most everything, has both sides, and down the middle as well. 

I dont listen to him everyday, but I cant say that Ive ever heard him say such a thing.  But tell your peer group what ever you want.  We’ll never chamge each others mind.

He never has ever said that not once AFJCOCKBREATH is a stellar moron of the highest order, just a brain dead shitforbrains  :flush:

I believe Hannity has a " hot line " to the White House. That's why I think Hillary and crew will eventually face some serious shit. As I said before, it's gonna' take some time.    

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I go into a lot of bars &. Restaurants and rarely  is Fox News  on.   ESPN or CNN mostly. 

Well, this was before they all settled on blaming Russia.  Fox News meddling!!!

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

funny just how overly obsessed the left is with a station they say almost no one watches .

They have brainwashed millions of pants shitters and melted their brains. Cable news is complete bias garbage. 

• Like 1