Check your account email address ×

Denver is about to get strange

Denver becomes the 1st city to decriminalize hallucinogenic mushrooms

About 50.5% of voters supported the ordinance, while about 49.4% were against it, election officials said.

https://www.wmur.com/article/denver-becomes-the-1st-city-to-decriminalize-hallucinogenic-mushrooms/27412489

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Saw that this AM on the news. I tried them a few times and didn't care for them.

X2.....I'm allergic to something in them. Very very bad trips

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Never gave it much thought, but I didn’t realize they were illegal.  

Carry the same penalty as crack cocaine or meth in most states

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Carry the same penalty as crack cocaine or meth in most states

No kidding.  I guess, I always thought they grew naturally in cow shit or something and wasn't a big deal.  never real popular when I was a kid.      

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Half the state is stoned as it is. We were out there this winter for a wedding, and they sure like the reefers out there

It’s a huge industry. My friends daughter started a company selling paraphernalia out there and has like 25 people working for her.  She says just about everyone is smoking it up. And a lot of her peers (20 somethings) moved out there just because it’s legal.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

It’s a huge industry. My friends daughter started a company selling paraphernalia out there and has like 25 people working for her.  She says just about everyone is smoking it up. And a lot of her peers (20 somethings) moved out there just because it’s legal.

my son went to apply to UC boulder but they added a separate essay to try to make it a little less friendly to apply as all the young people were applying there because of the legal pot.  

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

my son went to apply to UC boulder but they added a separate essay to try to make it a little less friendly to apply as all the young people were applying there because of the legal pot.  

I think all my daughter's schools required some sort of personal essay with the application.

Boulder is hippy central.  It's a fun place though.  Even the suburbs around Denver are full of pot heads.  One of our ski trips got a bit goofy and we ended up taking the ski train out of Denver to Winter  Park slopes for the first day.  Fucking smelled like pot...and there was no mistaking it.  Both the car there and back!   Crazy pot smoking snow boarders!!!   :lol:

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think all my daughter's schools required some sort of personal essay with the application.

Boulder is hippy central.  It's a fun place though.  Even the suburbs around Denver are full of pot heads.  One of our ski trips got a bit goofy and we ended up taking the ski train out of Denver to Winter  Park slopes for the first day.  Fucking smelled like pot...and there was no mistaking it.  Both the car there and back!   Crazy pot smoking snow boarders!!!   :lol:

most allow a single essay submitted through common app,  UC had one on top of that just to make it harder. and the topic was fucking stupid and really didn't apply to everyone.  as my son said when he saw it,  i'm a white kid from NH whose got everything one could need how the fuck am i going to write about this.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

most allow a single essay submitted through common app,  UC had one on top of that just to make it harder. and the topic was fucking stupid and really didn't apply to everyone.  as my son said when he saw it,  i'm a white kid from NH whose got everything one could need how the fuck am i going to write about this.  

Ahh...yeah.  I can only imagine the topics chosen.

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

No kidding.  I guess, I always thought they grew naturally in cow shit or something and wasn't a big deal.  never real popular when I was a kid.      

Usually a combination of Horse Manure and other organic materials.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

X2.....I'm allergic to something in them. Very very bad trips

Short term micro dosing is a big deal in the tech community. It’s claimed to enhance creativity and the dissection of complex ideas. This is a huge wind fall for the treatment of mental illness. Actual trials of using these compounds to treat depression and schizophrenia can now begin in Denver. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Good for them. Who the fuck is the govt to tell people what they can and can’t ingest?

Just a little weird that the gov. has cracked down on cigarettes but now smoking pot is a good thing. Can't see long term lung damage as a good thing myself. I guess it's about the $$$$. On a sidenote, everyone in Colorado is baked and all of the businesses are run by burnouts. I couldn't believe how bad every person we interacted with doing a wedding out there was totally useless and brain dead. IMO it's a failed experiment.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, s pump said:

Just a little weird that the gov. has cracked down on cigarettes but now smoking pot is a good thing. Can't see long term lung damage as a good thing myself. I guess it's about the $$$$. On a sidenote, everyone in Colorado is baked and all of the businesses are run by burnouts. I couldn't believe how bad every person we interacted with doing a wedding out there was totally useless and brain dead. IMO it's a failed experiment.

explains a lot about your brother.  too much of the pot  :news:  

I was at a dead show in Denver 30 yrs ago and people had big Tupperware bins like 30 gal bins at a few entrances to mile high filled with fresh shrooms . they grow wild in some caves up in the hills I guess . 

I was never a big fan of them always preferred good  lsd  

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, spin_dry said:

Short term micro dosing is a big deal in the tech community. It’s claimed to enhance creativity and the dissection of complex ideas. This is a huge wind fall for the treatment of mental illness. Actual trials of using these compounds to treat depression and schizophrenia can now begin in Denver. 

has been for a long time . like north of 30 yrs at least 

and longer In the creative fields ie advertising/design 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

has been for a long time . like north of 30 yrs at least 

and longer In the creative fields ie advertising/design 

Show me the evidence of that. Every bit of historical fact shows little in the area of micro dosing. It’s typically been heavy tripping up until 3-4 years ago. 

42 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Show me the evidence of that. Every bit of historical fact shows little in the area of micro dosing. It’s typically been heavy tripping up until 3-4 years ago. 

lol you think micro dosing is a,new,thing and you spent your career counseling addicts,? really ? 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

lol you think micro dosing is a,new,thing and you spent your career counseling addicts,? really ? 

Addicts don’t micro dose. Duh. Show me some past articles from 30 plus years ago on it. Also, who’s the forerunner on micro dosing research? 

Edited by spin_dry

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, s pump said:

Long term lung damage from weed may be almost non existant. People don't smoke a pack of joints a day.

49 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Long term lung damage from weed may be almost non existant. People don't smoke a pack of joints a day.

Speak for yourself :lol:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1