Check your account email address ×

The official "prove to jtsrx that the earth is round" thread

Just now, jtssrx said:

Once an airplane leaves the ground it's completely independent of the ground. Just like clouds or birds.  The only affect would be the jet stream which could assist a flight heading east "tail Wind". Any head wind against a flight going west would be over come by increase of power to the engines to maintain cruising speed. 

The point of all this is the earth isn't spinning. It's fix and that's why you don't see a difference in flight times except when a plain is assited by a tail wind. Which only increases the speed of the flight itself. 

Are you fucking braindead ....seriously.....you know the atmosphere has significant fucking mass and is spinning along with the earth right? Sweet fuck dude this is grade school shit you are refuting

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

You can fly around a flat earth the North Pole is the center of the flat earth. That's Polaris the North Star never moved and every other star rotates around it. 

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

funny that those star trails match in arc to the time passed.....  every degree of arc is 1/360 x 24h long....  so you're saying the universe spins around the north star every 24h?

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You can fly around a flat earth the North Pole is the center of the flat earth. That's Polaris the North Star never moved and every other star rotates around it. 

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Aliens

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

I just love conspiracy theories like these. I hope this thread doesn't die. Good job bhen. :lol:

I like JT and I'm all for a good conspiracy and screaming fuck the man all day ....but this shit is out of hand :lol:

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Are you fucking braindead ....seriously.....you know the atmosphere has significant fucking mass and is spinning along with the earth right? Sweet fuck dude this is grade school shit you are refuting

Why are you calling me names?? Because I disagree with you're opinion?? If you can't have an adult conversation about this I have nothing to say to you. 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Why are you calling me names?? Because I disagree with you're opinion?? If you can't have an adult conversation about this I have nothing to say to you. 

Were you not calling non believers in this thread idiots on page one?  

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Were you not calling non believers in this thread idiots on page one?  

Non believers of 911 being an inside job. I have no issue with anyone not seeing the flat earth. It's a lot to swallow. 3 steel buildings colllasping  one of which that wasn't hit by a plane that's another story 😊

11 minutes ago, Boered said:

hey jt, why can we only ever see the one side of the moon? Think about that and your why we see the same stars question. You are nuts.

You clearly don't get what I'm saying about the stars. Maybe I'll make a video? 

51 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

You clearly don't get what I'm saying about the stars. Maybe I'll make a video? 

Can you see the southern cross from the northern hemisphere? If not, why?

Well done.

Lookit:

OF COURSE you are right. It's a simple matter of physics that the sphere has the smallest surface area to volume ratio.

That's why soap bubbles are spherical.

Same thing for Earth's moon.

And for the same reason, same thing for Earth.

It's probably best to leave the flat-Earthers alone. They've got more severe problems.

6 hours ago, Boered said:

Can you see the southern cross from the northern hemisphere? If not, why?

Again you're not getting it. I didn't say I could see all the stars. What I said is we always see the same stars and if we are 66600 miles per day taking us from one side of the sun to the other side it's not possible to see the same stars we see in say summer durning the world yet six months later. Visible space would completely different on each side of the sun. 

IMG_0037.JPG

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Again you're not getting it. I didn't say I could see all the stars. What I said is we always see the same stars and if we are 66600 miles per day taking us from one side of the sun to the other side it's not possible to see the same stars we see in say summer durning the world yet six months later. Visible space would completely different on each side of the sun. 

IMG_0037.JPG

What you're saying is true... the sky is completely different in the summer vs winter for someone at the equator.... Someone at the north pole never sees the southern constellations, someone at your missing south pole never sees the northern constellations...  

Answer

It depends on where you live, specifically your latitude, on the Earth. At the North Pole (90 deg latitude), for example, the North Star is directly overhead and any stars within 90 degrees of it are visible year around. At the Equator (0 deg latitude), however, the North Star is on the horizon and only stars withing 0 degrees of it (ie. no stars) are visible year around.

In the more likely situation that you live around 45 degrees latitude, the North Star would appear 45 degrees above the horizon and only stars within 45 degrees of it are visible throughout the year. This would include constellations like Ursa Major (the Big Dipper), Ursa Minor (the Little Dipper), Cassiopeia, Draco, and other so-called "circumpolar" constellations.
Answered by: Paul Walorski, B.A., Part-time Physics Instructor

Answer

It depends completely on where you live.

EXPLANATION:

To understand the answer to this question, you have to understand how Earth is situated in space. Earth's axis is tilted, but it always points the same direction. That direction happens to be straight at a bright star named Polaris, which is commonly called the North Star. Earth revolves once a day, and where it is in that revolution when the sun sets changes throughout the year. That is why the constellations you see at night change.

If you lived at the North Pole, the North Star would be directly overhead, and the constellations would wheel around you like the horses in a giant carousel would if you stood in the middle. You would only see half of the constellations, but the same ones would be in the sky all the time; none of them would ever set. However, for some parts of the year the sun never sets either! And that's no good for seeing constellations.

If you lived on the equator, it would be completely different. The giant carousel would be on its side. The North Star would sit right on the northern horizon. Each constellation would spend half of its time in the sky. Each one would come up in the east and set in the west 12 hours later. However, ,each day, the sun would blot out half of them and the ones it blotted out would change throughout the year. Once again, you couldn't see any of them all the time.

Most people live in between those two extremes. Halfway between the equator and the North Pole, half of the sky acts like it does from the equator, and half of it looks like it does from the pole. The giant carousel is tilted halfway up, and the North Star is halfway up the sky. The stars opposite the pole rise and set each day, but the stars near the pole (and the North Star) go in circles. If one goes in a small enough circle, it will be up all night long, every night. (We would call that star "circumpolar".) If the circle gets too big, the star will be cut off by the horizon some of the time.

On 2016-10-07 at 11:17 PM, jtssrx said:

Sorry man but it's not opinion. It's a proven scientific fact. You realize satellites circle the globe right?