Check your account email address ×

The official "prove to jtsrx that the earth is round" thread

"The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church." Ferdinand Magellan

First and foremost I'm not here to call anyone stupid for what they believe. About two years ago I was watching a video and saw something about flat earth and like all of you I laughed. After laughing I watched the video and it made me scratch my head. I was then on a quest to prove the theory wrong. In two years I've been unable to debunk the proofs put out. Most of you are unaware but it want until NASA went to the moon that we stopped calling heliocentricity a theory or a model. In the early 1900's flat earth was still taught in school. The heliocentric model came from Copernicus about 500 years ago. 

I could tupe type paragraph after paragraph on the topic but I'll post this video. Most of you don't watch it or will watch some but not all. If you just want to call me names to make yourself feel better that's cool. But that doesn't prove the earth is round. 

I want ant to point on one of the major issues I have with the globe model. According to the model we rotate around the sun. This causes the seasons. Ask yourself how is it possible to see any of the same stars on one side of the sun and then 6 months later when we've traveled to the other side of the sun? If we travel from one side to the other we should be facing 180 degrees away from where visible space at night is.  If you can't visualize this Take a globe and place a ball on one side of it rotate the globe from one side to the other side to understand what I'm talking about

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

First and foremost I'm not here to call anyone stupid for what they believe. About two years ago I was watching a video and saw something about flat earth and like all of you I laughed. After laughing I watched the video and it made me scratch my head. I was then on a quest to prove the theory wrong. In two years I've been unable to debunk the proofs put out. Most of you are unaware but it want until NASA went to the moon that we stopped calling heliocentricity a theory or a model. In the early 1900's flat earth was still taught in school. The heliocentric model came from Copernicus about 500 years ago. 

I could tupe type paragraph after paragraph on the topic but I'll post this video. Most of you don't watch it or will watch some but not all. If you just want to call me names to make yourself feel better that's cool. But that doesn't prove the earth is round. 

I want ant to point on one of the major issues I have with the globe model. According to the model we rotate around the sun. This causes the seasons. Ask yourself how is it possible to see any of the same stars on one side of the sun and then 6 months later when we've traveled to the other side of the sun? If we travel from one side to the other we should be facing 180 degrees away from where visible space at night is.  If you can't visualize this Take a globe and place a ball on one side of it rotate the globe from one side to the other side to understand what I'm talking about

Dude seriously, the idea that people believed the earth was flat came from modern times.  Fact is they knew the earth was a sphere, they just did not know how big it was.  The stories of Columbus having trouble getting people to sail with him due to fear of falling of the ends of the earth are totally false.

With extraordinary few exceptions, no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the Earth was flat.

19 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The Greeks knew in 2500 BC that the Earth was round. Heliocentrism was and still is a "model". That doesn't mean it's not true. Let's see a credible source that shows that flat earth was taught in schools in the early 1900's. 

Why wouldn't we be able to see some of the same stars, that doesn't make any sense at all. 

Just now, SSFB said:

The Greeks knew in 2500 BC that the Earth was round. Heliocentrism was and still is a "model". That doesn't mean it's not true. Let's see a credible source that shows that flat earth was taught in schools in the early 1900's. 

I think he just likes getting folks on here wound up. No way he actually believes.

The committment to trolling is impressive however.

1 minute ago, Doos said:

I think he just likes getting folks on here wound up. No way he actually believes.

The committment to trolling is impressive however.

There are people out there who believe in a flat earth, he's not the first one I've come across. 

He's not trolling. 

• Gold Member

For lug flick and the thickness of a track to affect the drive ratio of a snowmobile the earth needs to be flat.  On a round earth the ratio isnt affected by the thickness of the track or lugs.

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

There are people out there who believe in a flat earth, he's not the first one I've come across. 

He's not trolling. 

Im trolling. I challenge any of you to disprove any of the proofs Eric Dubey has compiled. 

I notice not one of you has talked about how it's possible to see the same stars year round on a globe that rotates 360 degrees around the sun. 

Again I'm not here to fight and call names. I wish it was a spinning ball. I wish the sun was 93 million miles away. From what I've researched it's not. We are the center of the universe and the sun, moon, and stars rotate around us

IMG_0033.JPG

Just now, jtssrx said:

I notice not one of you has talked about how it's possible to see the same stars year round on a globe that rotates 360 degrees around the sun. 

Right here. 

14 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Why wouldn't we be able to see some of the same stars, that doesn't make any sense at all. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Things float when they are positively buoyant, or less dense than the fluid in which they are sitting. This does not mean that an object has to be lighter than the fluid, as in the case of a boat; objects just need to have a greater ratio of empty space to mass than the fluid.

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Im trolling. I challenge any of you to disprove any of the proofs Eric Dubey has compiled. 

Again I'm not here to fight and call names. I wish it was a spinning ball. I wish the sun was 93 million miles away. From what I've researched it's not. We are the center of the universe and the sun, moon, and stars rotate around us

IMG_0033.JPG

This.......this has to be a joke.  I don't understand how someone in today's world believes it is flat.  

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

This.......this has to be a joke.  I don't understand how someone in today's world believes it is flat.  

The Globalists and the Free Masons are pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. :lol:

Just now, SSFB said:

Right here. 

If you are on one side of the sun looking out into space at night how would it be possible to see any of the same stars when you rotated to the other side of the sun 6 months later? You are facing the opposite way from where you were facing 6 months prior and looking out into another area of space. The stars you were looking at should be behind you now