Check your account email address ×

The official "prove to jtsrx that the earth is round" thread

so your default explaintion for lack of provable curvature is the world isn't a perfect sphere got it. That doesn't explain the countless exsample of lack of curvature.  I get it you can say well it's not a perfect sphere so you don't see curve in this exsample but that doesn't hold water on every exsample. There are things that can seen from hundreds of mikes away. That's not possible on any kind of spherical object.  

Edited by jtssrx

10 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Omg

No one is saying you have to believe anything I've said. No one is forcing you to read. 

Ask yourself this how are flights from New York to LA  and flights from LA to New York the same in duration? 

The earth is supposedly spinning at 1100 mph at the equator in a easterly direction. Flights leaving LA should have to fly faster then the rotation of the earth in order to get to New York.  Flights leaving New York heading east should go much faster because the earth is spinning to the east correct?? 

why do flights that go north to south or south to north not have to fly at an angle to reach the destination? If the earth is spinning to the east at say 750mph in North America and a flight from say Orlando Florida to Detroit metro takes two hours at the end of that two hours wouldn't the earth be 1500 miles further east then it was when the flight left the ground? 

You guys say the earth is spinning. When a plane leaves the ground it's no longer connected. So why are non of the questions I asked observed??? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

No one is saying you have to believe anything I've said. No one is forcing you to read. 

Ask yourself this how are flights from New York to LA  and flights from LA to New York the same in duration? 

The earth is supposedly spinning at 1100 mph at the equator in a easterly direction. Flights leaving LA should have to fly faster then the rotation of the earth in order to get to New York.  Flights leaving New York heading east should go much faster because the earth is spinning to the east correct?? 

why do flights that go north to south or south to north not have to fly at an angle to reach the destination? If the earth is spinning to the east at say 750mph in North America and a flight from say Orlando Florida to Detroit metro takes two hours at the end of that two hours wouldn't the earth be 1500 miles further east then it was when the flight left the ground? 

You guys say the earth is spinning. When a plane leaves the ground it's no longer connected. So why are non of the questions I asked observed??? 

Because it's FLAT :lmao:

:snack:

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/dynamics/q0027.shtml

14 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

They're not! Have you ever even been on an airplane?

13 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

No shit. I flew to bc and baxk and thr return trip was longer by an hour 

The earths rotation has nothing to do with it......even though it's round :bc: Explanation in the link.    

I know people who have traveled around the world. Not sure how that happens on a flat earth. Unless there is an edge and you can travel on the backside...

What about aliens?

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

The earths rotation has nothing to do with it......even though it's round :bc: Explanation in the link.    

Yes it does, the flights are effected by jetstream.  What causes the jetstream?  But I know what you are saying.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes it does, the flights are effected by jetstream.  What causes the jetstream?  But I know what you are saying.

That's exactly what the link says - the earths rotation has nothing to do with the difference in time traveling east and west.  It's headwind/tailwinds. 

A better example is flying from Chicago to Anchorage.....the flight path is up and over not a straight line between two points as would be the case on JT's flat earth :lol:  

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

I know people who have traveled around the world. Not sure how that happens on a flat earth. Unless there is an edge and you can travel on the backside...

What about aliens?

They travel along the dark side.

54 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Oh for fucks sakes dude ......the atmosphere is largely rotating at that speed as well with minor differences for wind etc etc .....sweet fuck

38 minutes ago, SSFB said:

My fight from Detroit to Vegas and back from Vegas to Detroit in April were indentcal in duration. I fly 4 to 5 times a year and used to fly three to five times per week for work. 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

My fight from Detroit to Vegas and back from Vegas to Detroit in April were indentcal in duration. I fly 4 to 5 times a year and used to fly three to five times per week for work. 

Yeah.....amd on one of your flights the cabin lost oxygen :snack:

41 minutes ago, Anler said:

What about aliens?

You can fly around a flat earth the North Pole is the center of the flat earth. That's Polaris the North Star never moved and every other star rotates around it. 

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Edited by jtssrx

11 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Flights from to to Seattle take one hour more to get to than return.  Dallas is about 45 mins or so.

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Oh for fucks sakes dude ......the atmosphere is largely rotating at that speed as well with minor differences for wind etc etc .....sweet fuck

Ahhhhhh , hello .....MCFLY

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Watch this JT.

Once an airplane leaves the ground it's completely independent of the ground. Just like clouds or birds.  The only affect would be the jet stream which could assist a flight heading east "tail Wind". Any head wind against a flight going west would be over come by increase of power to the engines to maintain cruising speed. 

The point of all this is the earth isn't spinning. It's fix and that's why you don't see a difference in flight times except when a plain is assited by a tail wind. Which only increases the speed of the flight itself.