Check your account email address ×

Poor Bhen

Just now, 04nightfire said:

So it's safe to say it is a one dimensional sled.  Would be good on a lake or up in Cochrane

Man cochrane would be awesome on that thing for sure.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Dave said:

So fun to you is digging a turbo out of deep mountain snow then I guess.... :lol:

No...  But riding in untouched snow on a dorminate volcano on a place that easily gets 800+ inches of snow annually is pretty awesome compared to riding a fucking trail for anything other then a sled warm up.  Nothing more boring then trail riding and really pointless snowmobiling unless you want a facebook picture of just the sled sitting on a trail....  Like its a special picture or something.

P1000650.JPG

Just now, Momorider said:

Turbos are great at altitude they still make power :)

Ya we had one last yr in revy with us in the 10ft of early powder....i had fun watching those young guys diggin that fucker out...no thx

Just now, BOHICA said:

No...  But riding in untouched snow on a dorminate volcano on a place that easily gets 800+ inches of snow annually is pretty awesome compared to riding a fucking trail for anything other then a sled warm up.  Nothing more boring then trail riding and really pointless snowmobiling unless you want a facebook picture of just the sled sitting on a trail....  Like its a special picture or something.

P1000650.JPG

Theyre both fun imo....mind you if you ride alone...trail riding would be boring imo.

Edited by Dave

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Legend said:

Go to the mtns out west, any range, and tell me how many 4s to 2s sleds there are? Don't lie now, I go to the Rockies 3-4 times a winter.....

Very few ride 4s turboed or not in the Rockies. 

Truth is that but 2strokes with turbos are the cream of the crop and plentiful

the 4 strokes you usually see and are starting to get very popular are the snow bikes.

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Truth is that but 2strokes with turbos are the cream of the crop and plentiful

the 4 strokes you usually see and are starting to get very popular are the snow bikes.

I agree. I ride with a guy that has a boondocker POO. Most fun I've had on a sled. 

15 minutes ago, Legend said:

Go to the mtns out west, any range, and tell me how many 4s to 2s sleds there are? Don't lie now, I go to the Rockies 3-4 times a winter.....

Very few ride 4s turboed or not in the Rockies. 

Seen a few on each trip last yr....

Just now, Dave said:

Seen a few on each trip last yr....

Key word is few. Compared to many 2s. 

Hell my bud even takes his turbo Nytro as a backup. But it doesn't get ridden unless absolutely needed anymore. He even pulls out his stock Axys before the turbo Nytro comes out. And he's had the Nytro since 09 and has 2000 mtn miles on it. 

Its st the most reliable sled he has. At 400+hp and 7 years old. But it's also the biggest heaviest tank he has too. It's not about getting stuck, because either of his Poos will get dig out stuck way before the Nytro. It's about wrestling a sled with poor weight balance and that weighs 125-150lbs ready to ride more all day long. 

A naturally aspirated sled has 30% less oxygen for making HP at 10k ft. The human body has 30% less oxygen at 10k too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

That cause its trail riding.  Cant think of a more boring activity beside 1000's upon 1000's of miles of trail riding.  Its fun for maybe a mile or so.

It is if you don't break 50... ::lol:

Love my Turbo at elevation...  The stock 800's I ride with just lack power.   They all beg to screw around on my sled at up there. 

Love trading sleds with my bud with a 15 Pro, but after awhile I get bored with the power

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

P1000650.JPG

If trail riding bores you, you're riding the wrong trials 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave said:

Riding a procross is like taking a step back and getting an 03 to 07 rev...as for the turbo....sure its cool....would i want to trail ride with one everyday...no thx.

Well it is taking these guys 12-15 years to match the handling of the 03 rev but they have gotten pretty close.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You can hammer a Turbo through bombed out tight and twisties, and the front end bite with 8" Triple Points is amazing......now I will say if you have pus arms maybe you won't be able to hammer through.

The guy below has seen what a Turbo can do in junk.

Are you planning on riding your wife's 600 again this year?  

:lol: 

Just fucking with you :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

P1000650.JPG

Yeah cause all of us live within driving distance of dormant volcanoes or even mountains. :flush: 

Either way .....I hope this new yamaha motor package is as awesome as it seems to be. I will no doubt be riding one at some point in the future....especially if they drop it in a decent chassis