Check your account email address ×

Oh Damn!

Anler

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Good to see you have sobered up. Buy a Sidewinder, your wife might  give you your balls back, and you can be on your way to becoming a man.

Bhen does some stupid stuff, but I’ve never seen him go SW stupid? Bhen doesn’t even have a AARP card, so he can’t even buy a SW.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

I've been talking to lots of guys with 900ts.

Most moved from winder's/9000s.

I'd say 50%. The other 50% just upgraded from old Doo.

Guys are moving from sidewinders and tcats to 900 turbos? Why? Is it the chassis?

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Guys I talked to was mostly quality issues. 

Some it was too heavy and the rest too powerful.

Big trails ok. Tight trails tiring.

It takes more effort to hustle that cat turbo around. Most of my buds that had them are back on two strokes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Guys I talked to was mostly quality issues. 

Some it was too heavy and the rest too powerful.

Big trails ok. Tight trails tiring.

Honestly for trail power I just can't see needing more than 200hp. That has to put so much stress on the chassis and components. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

It takes more effort to hustle that cat turbo around. Most of my buds that had them are back on two strokes.

That poo axys is strong as fuck and light. It's so simple it's brilliant. I put a can and a lithium battery on mine and took 22lbs off the front end. It's so easy to pick up now it's crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

That poo axys is strong as fuck and light. It's so simple it's brilliant. I put a can and a lithium battery on mine and took 22lbs off the front end. It's so easy to pick up now it's crazy. 

Yeah they roll good and easy. :lol:

20190219_163225.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Too much power :lol:

Amazing people think you have to drive them at full pin. The Sidewinder SRX in our group steers awesome, and again, nobody in our group of 5 sleds could come close to keeping up in the twisties, or the mile lonf fields. The way he has it set up, the sled rails.

I,m always surprised at the number of sledders that don,t know squat about clutching, or setting up the suspension in a sled to get it to do what the owner wants it to do. It,s no wonder Poolaris is able to keep selling so many sleds. 

55 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Amazing people think you have to drive them at full pin. The Sidewinder SRX in our group steers awesome, and again, nobody in our group of 5 sleds could come close to keeping up in the twisties, or the mile lonf fields. The way he has it set up, the sled rails.

I,m always surprised at the number of sledders that don,t know squat about clutching, or setting up the suspension in a sled to get it to do what the owner wants it to do. It,s no wonder Poolaris is able to keep selling so many sleds. 

I'd be on an srx if the chassis fit me

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t remember his saying it but, I wish you wouldn’t have posted this.  It definitely sounds like his expertise though.  So, if you move your weight back on a sled it takes pressure off the skis?  Holy shit!  Somebody notify Snogoer ragazine!

:lol:

I’ve said this for years.  Stop trying to water down a race DNA sled to fit a bunch of half-witted, fat Klim wearing, non-riders with glass spines and the athletic ability of celery that can’t figure out how to ride a performance machine.  

All for not now...Textron is dumping cash into the brand.

Tbh cat has about the best all around sled right now 

19 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Tbh cat has about the best all around sled right now 

Maybe but, I don’t want a sled that is good “all around”.  The Anys can have that title.  Fun factor everywhere!!!!....but nothing great except to those that can’t ride for fuck!

I’m in launch mode!

50A15C24-362C-404D-98D6-84A164A55942.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Maybe but, I don’t want a sled that is good “all around”.  The Anys can have that title.  Fun factor everywhere!!!!....but nothing great except to those that can’t ride for fuck!

I’m in launch mode!

50A15C24-362C-404D-98D6-84A164A55942.jpeg

Holy shit, when the seat isn't visible your sled actually looks good dude :lol: 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Guys are moving from sidewinders and tcats to 900 turbos? Why? Is it the chassis?

I,ve got a good buddy that owns both, he prefers the Sidewinder, and says the 900 turbo is twitchy and not as planted on the front end. He previously had an 850 doo, and found that twitchy at high speeds, and got rid of it after owning it for only 2 weeks. They were kinda scarce, so he sold it for more than he paid for it.

He said it has some punch down low, but lacks power once you get to around 70 mph, and squeeze it, you,re kinda waiting for something to happen, and it ain,t happening.

The Sidewinder has it all, from trail speeds, to top end, and all the way thru, no matter when you squeeze it, it,s there, and happy to give you all the power you may want. Too much, is never enough.

I cann,t imagine going to a lower  powered sled, and from what I see on Totally Yamaha, very few guys that own Sidewinders or Thundercats say the same thing. Kinda like the good kinda crack, once you,ve had it, hard to give it up.

Edited by Frostynuts
  • Like 1