Check your account email address ×

Less then a mile outside of Detroit

• Platinum Contributing Member

gp%201_1550671331514.jpg_19962940_ver1.0   

A massive estate spanning nearly 12,000 square feet has hit the market in Grosse Pointe Park for $7 million.

The lakefront property was listed earlier this month. It features six bedrooms and 14 bathrooms (seven full, seven half). The home was built in 1927 was was last sold in 2013 for $2.8 million.

The state sits on 2.3 acres on Lake St. Clair. Inside, wide plank wood floors, hand carved oak paneling and an updated kitchen.

Related: Bloomfield Township estate on 11 acres, private road listed for nearly $7.5M

The basement includes a gym and wine cellar. What a combo. In total, the estate has 26 rooms.

Check out the official listing here for more info. See more photos below:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/real-estate/lakefront-grosse-pointe-park-estate-with-14-bathrooms-lists-for-7m

https://www.tusharvakhariya.com/property/mi/48230/grosse-pointe-park/grosse-pointe--windmill-pointe-sub--grosse-pointe-park/15420-windmill-pointe/5c5c44b6ff5812fbab3fd103/

Where Alter Bridge got it's name

Map.PNG.663cc0bfee0300abbd83242958490b92.PNG

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Right around the corner from the BIL's house.

:bc: Crazy transition from the haves to the have nots in that area. I grew up playing hockey with a few that lived close to the Yacht Club. I remember getting lost in their houses as a young kid.  :lol: 

49 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:bc: Crazy transition from the haves to the have nots in that area. I grew up playing hockey with a few that lived close to the Yacht Club. I remember getting lost in their houses as a young kid.  :lol: 

Sure is - mile away & it's full out hood :bc:  He's a member at the yacht club. Pretty stuffy place there lol.

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I lived in GP Farms and the difference really is stunning.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

How in the hell does this place get sold for 2.8+ million in 2013, listed for 7 million now,  yet the assessment has been less than 2 million for as far back as 2008? 

Did you stop your time study for teachers now? Moving on to real estate outrage? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That house was a great bargain at $2.8M, the $72K a year in property taxes would have sucked for a residence.

There was one up here owned by a nascar track owner. The taxes were around $1000 a day. Ginger may even have a link for it.

40 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That house was a great bargain at $2.8M, the $72K a year in property taxes would have sucked for a residence.

Pritzker would have ripped out all of the toilets and got those taxes down to $2500! :bc: 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Did you stop your time study for teachers now? Moving on to real estate outrage? 

I am waiting for you fucks to start defining the wealthy that you continue to complain about.  Is the owner of this house one of them?

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

I am waiting for you fucks to start defining the wealthy that you continue to complain about.  Is the owner of this house one of them?

Do middle class people live in $7,000,000 houses?  

Fuck you’re dumber than shit :lmao: 

16 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Do middle class people live in $7,000,000 houses?  

Fuck you’re dumber than shit :lmao: 

According to the assessor, this is only a 1.8 million dollar house. 

What is the $$$ amount of a house that middle class people live in?  Come on smartass, define it.   And are the taxes any different as a percentage?

Edited by racer254

19 hours ago, Skidooski said:

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Point of thread?

Maybe the disparity of wealth of  areas in such close proximity....I think.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

According to the assessor, this is only a 1.8 million dollar house. 

What is the $$$ amount of a house that middle class people live in?  Come on smartass, define it.   And are the taxes any different as a percentage?

Your questions are as stupid as you are...... :lmao: 

You can ask whatever you want for a house......doesn’t mean you’re gonna get it,  1.8 is reasonable considering a 5 years ago it sold for 2.3.   Are you advocating higher taxes on homeowners?  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe the disparity of wealth in areas in such close proximity....I think.

Yep pretty much.  Local news reported the sale and I looked it up to see that it's under a mile off from the Alter road boarder line to Detroit.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

That’s nothing new or shocking. Water front property outside a city. Those ceos have to live somewhere!

And neither are the endless Trump / Repug threads either but.......

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

That’s nothing new or shocking. Water front property outside a city. Those ceos have to live somewhere!

Just now, Skidooski said:

Yep pretty much.  Local news reported the sale and I looked it up to see that it's under a mile off from the Alter road boarder line to Detroit.

Like I said I used to live very near  there and the difference is stunning and not all the mansions in Grosse Pointe are on the water.