Check your account email address ×

Less then a mile outside of Detroit

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Just there last weekend.   If you haven't been down  town in little as a year, you won't believe how much is going on.  New housing going in everywhere, old buildings being torn   down or renovated.  The Fords are renovating the old train station, Cork town is exploding .

You really have to hand it to Dugan, what a difference having a business man in there, instead of the crooked ass thieves, who got power by pushing racism & hate.  Stealing from the very people they claimed to be looking out for. This racism shit  does such a disservice to the minority communities. it has dogged Detroit for decades.  Now they are trying it on a National level. People need to wake the fuck up to this bullshit. It only serves the politicians   

I used to get down there all the time on the weekends but the past few years or more I haven't been into the city nearly as much. But glad to keep hearing from people that it's making a turn for the better. Weed out more of the corruption and maybe it could flourish again

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I used to get down there all the time on the weekends but the past few years or more I haven't been into the city nearly as much. But glad to keep hearing from people that it's making a turn for the better. Weed out more of the corruption and maybe it could flourish again

My sis works for a company that provides financing and helps with grants for remodeling and rebuilding in the D. She showed me their list of projects they have right now. Crazy how much is going on down there.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

My sis works for a company that provides financing and helps with grants for remodeling and rebuilding in the D. She showed me their list of projects they have right now. Crazy how much is going on down there.

For years they kept saying how the city is turning around, so it's good to hear and see it finally. My former employer would shuttle us down in busses for a few days a year and we would help revamp houses for families in need. Some sort of partnership with Mitch Album.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I haven’t been down there in years but even back in the early 90’s downtown was a lot of fun. Really glad the city is making a comeback...has a lot of history and a lot to offer.

Should make a point to go.  Stay at MGM ,. Very nice. New hotels opening that I have not stayed in but I hear are also nice. 

Opening day in the D is awesome. It gets bigger every year.  The Sunday before St. paddy’s day is also a huge deal.  

26 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I used to be the biggest Detroit hater around. Never wanted to go , found it depressing.

We were at Two James  last week before Eric Church.  Talking to parking lot attendant about city.  Guy was really proud. Said “I’m making sure everyone stays safe & has a good time. “. Woman tossed  a butt on the ground and he had her pick it up and put it the bucket.  No one wants to live in a shithole.  When things are nice it instills pride in people. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

what's your address racer? i'm going to call your municipality and make sure you get your house re-assessed at what it could sell for on today's market....

:lol:

My house is assessed at 300k, it's worth 300k,  If it went on the market it would not go up for 1.2million dumbass.  it would go for 350k.  Get it.  BTW, I have bought and sold a few properties and I currently own 4.  I am far from an expert, but it doesn't take one to understand this one.  So now, give us your expertise on the subject.

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

My house is assessed at 300k, it's worth 300k,  If it went on the market it would not go up for 1.2million dumbass.  it would go for 350k.  Get it.  BTW, I have bought and sold a few properties and I currently own 4.  I am far from an expert, but it doesn't take one to understand this one.  So now, give us your expertise on the subject.

Tax assessments here allow for  6-9% margin when property is actually sold.  If it's more or less, the appraiser gets "dinged" for it.

43 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's not like that everywhere. :lol:

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i do business in 3 states and dozens of towns,  some of them the assesements are good and some of them they are way off,  it is what it is.  

This. different towns assess at different rates. You can look up most towns. My town assess at 91 %